It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

couldn't get a geiger counter, even if i wanted one!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
www.geigercounters.com...

"Order Update: Due to the disaster in Japan, orders for Geiger Counters have out-stripped our supply. We estimate that on Tuesday, we will have a better idea of availability and ship dates. As to past and future orders, we will fill them generally in the order in which they were placed. You may still place orders, and they will be filled after our backorders are met. As it stands, we are sold out of all Pocket models, but still have plenty of Radiation Network Software. We also have some of the larger, traditional Probe Geiger Counters. We are sorry for the delay, and will appreciate your patience. You can phone or email us on Tuesday as to a status of your order. Thank you.

Lead times are getting pretty far out - can't be more specific yet."

wow......not much more to say.

a good thing to have.....if u can get one.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Canaries are cheap!

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

how true!! good for noxious gasses too

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Canaries are cheap!

The canarie won't help you with radiation. They where used in mines just to detect gas concentrations (or better the lack of oxygen).

I ordered my Gamma-Scout unit yesterday here in Germany and according to the website they had some on stock. Although I don't fear any radiation spread with the winds (we're way to far away for this) there may be contaminated products reaching the markets worldwide.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Not surprising. I know this sounds weird but things are moving too slowly (not that I want things to move quickly or at all for that matter) and people have enough time to freak out and jump to conclusions, buying up everything they can at the drop of a rumor. Not saying this is a bad thing, but Something to definitely keep an eye on. I looked on Amazon and there are a few of them, but they are all digital models so cost a lot.

Something we're likely going to see though after this resolves is a large movement towards prep and survival technique learning.

Makes me wonder what other resources are being tapped out now.

Here some ideas though: Check local government to see if they have any civil defense counters leftover. If so volunteer to man them. I'm not saying this will work, but likely they will need people to drive around and take readings, and most likely the Fire and Police personnel are going to be kept focused on other preparations.

Another idea along the vein of local government contact is to relocate the fallout shelters in your community. The closer you are to the west coast its likely that they would be receptive to any civilians volunteering to help check these out, find ways to stock them, and make the ready in case they need to be used. If nothing else this will get you into the information flow and what they hear (but aren't allowed to reveal) and are able to detect.

Don't limit yourself to these thoughts though, if you have a local university with a physics or nuclear engineering department, check with them to see if there are any available reporting venues. I hope to contact mine tomorrow to see if they have any data or information sources that we haven't been able to find.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
if all the food created in the next 6 months is covered in radio active dust.what will we eat?dollar bills dont taste good.hope you got can foods manufactured in u.s.a. not dated starting tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Social media "foursquare" style rad monitoring! Yay! RDTN.org

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0eab6badeca1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Gieger counters don't even notice most of the deadlier radiations

hi school experiment from the old days when they taught stuff in hi school

you could make a cloud chamber out of dry ice
and when you see x amount of paticles per minute
just git out

wide mouth glass bottle or container with dry ice
toilet plunger or a membrane that fits the mouth
and seals to the said container of dry ice
so you can pull to create a reduced air pressure on the Co2 in the glass container

the resulting "cloud" will show the tracks of the particles
as they fly through the cloud in the container of dried ice

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

coleman's surpluse still has the old civil defense geiger counter's some tested. www.colemans.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
www.aw-el.com/

He makes them himself. Plug into your PC.

Very good, low price.

new topics

top topics

join