It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Someone Please Tell Me What The Hell Is Going On?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
Seriously, what is happening in the world right now?

It's called stuff. If you read your history books, you'll find that stuff happens all the time. Why would this be any more of a beginning of the end than when the Krakatoa volcano erupted? Or when the Tunguska meteorite exploded? Or the fire of London, or the Black Plague, or World War II?

This is what happens in the world. Just because YOU happen to be aware of it doesn't make it any more special.

Solid post. I had this same exact talk with my kids today. We cannot live with the impending sense of doom over our heads. It is not healthy nor rational.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Wow your crumbling now just wait until the big stuff starts.

But hopefully Japan has had there 2012 now and is left alone.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Yes yes, I should add.

I think a lot of this has to do with our increasing level of social inter-connectivity. The information flows so fast that I think it propels us to gravitate to the next bit of info. I would equate it to watching the links of cars go by on a train, counting down each one until...you guessed it, the end.

I know these natural disasters have been happening for millions of years now, and of course they are happening now. The new part of this 4.5 billion year equation is the near 7 billion people on this planet. We've only really been recording these events for a few hundred years now. Each time we develop or add a new piece of technology to earth we increase our frequency of understanding, possibly giving the appearance that things are out of the ordinary.

That can be used as a reason against the rapid physical changes that many have seen the last 5-10 years, but at what point do you start adding the political, social, and economic turmoil that has been going on the last few years to the equation.

Correlation does not prove causation, that is why I am entertaining so many thoughts...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
heh heh
now matters to you OP because you are here now
the befores and afters don't really matter
after you leave and till you get there...

we are extincting things at an alarming rate if not a record rate at this point....
this is the most people at once that we know of for sure.

there are quite a few modern superlatives that make this time unique...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

NO TOTALLY WRONG! Why do you and others just lack the understanding to realize when certain amts. of cises occurs one right after the other , that is just STUFF!!!??? What the hell are you drinking??

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Ok lets put things in perspective here.... If the end is coming soon, so what? Is running around scared like chickens with the head chopped off going to somehow save anyone or anything? No, it will just make the time you got left unbarable, and not enjoyable at all. Stop worrying about it so much seriously. Enjoy what time you get to the fullest, that is all any of us can do, even if the world isn't gonna end soon.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Seriously, what is happening in the world right now?

2012 came early this year.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

No, baby. It's 2011. Just wait till 2012 and a couple of years after. The dust will start settling thereafter.

Keep your eyes on the ball..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I think the operative words in your question are WHAT THE HELL?
It is Hellish, is it not?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Seriously, what is happening in the world right now? Is this really the beginning of the end? I feel like the last few days of my life have just stopped in time with the Japanese disaster. I have a lot of important things due for school and I have found that suddenly that doesn't seem to matter anymore. The world has been in chaos the last few years, but I guess that really depends on how you look at it. My thoughts the last few days have permeated into constant end of the world scenarios. Have I been spending too much time on here?

I gotta be honest...I would say that within the last year or so, when I step out on my front porch to begin my day, things have just not felt like they used too. I have the general feeling of "this is it." Things just do not feel right. The feeling goes way beyond what I have read about on here or seen on the news or casual conversations with others.

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum, but I didn't know where else to put this.

You have a lot of important things due for school

Problems would be solved if the world blew up

So you're hoping it will blow up

It won't

Next time, organise yourself so you can hand in your assignments on time

After running a quick world-wide poll, 8 billion people said ' no ' -- they were not prepared to die or have the world blow up just to provide you with excuses because you don't have your schoolwork up to date

Sorry

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Erm... hasn't the world always been in some form of chaos? unless I'm mistaken the middle east has always been in a constant state of battle, whether with eachother or something else. There is always some form of famine or drought in some country somewhere, there's always some earthquake in some form or another somewhere. Our earth readjusts itself constantly and we as resident life forms on this ball of rock have to figure out how to cope with it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Everyone thinks that this eartquake is signaling the end of the world, noone has noticed that about once a year there is at least an 8.0 earthquake somewhere. just because it happens in a place like japan and someone writes about it on a website does not mean it is the end of the world. If this earthquake would have hit some stupid third world country that noone gives 2 shats about noone would know any better. OH NO nuclear overheating crap. who cares. "japan sucks" is the headline of that story, or "move off the islands" maybe its some higher being or aliens dropping a hint.
edit on 15-3-2011 by iheartprplkoolaid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

I imagine stuff has been going on for years the difference now is facebook and twitter is here and if you think there's a fair share of scaremongers here check them out. Earthquakes are part of any active planet particularly one with a moon like ours it pulls and pushes on our earth continually and eventually something has got to give.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I'm afraid it'd gonna be one thing after another now as the spiral of time winds up to a close. Brace yourself for the failure of everything. Economy, social structure , Earths structure, food availability. The lot. Ready yourself spiritually.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Seriously, what is happening in the world right now? Is this really the beginning of the end? I feel like the last few days of my life have just stopped in time with the Japanese disaster. I have a lot of important things due for school and I have found that suddenly that doesn't seem to matter anymore. The world has been in chaos the last few years, but I guess that really depends on how you look at it. My thoughts the last few days have permeated into constant end of the world scenarios. Have I been spending too much time on here?

I gotta be honest...I would say that within the last year or so, when I step out on my front porch to begin my day, things have just not felt like they used too. I have the general feeling of "this is it." Things just do not feel right. The feeling goes way beyond what I have read about on here or seen on the news or casual conversations with others.

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum, but I didn't know where else to put this.

Same story here brother, I'm in between jobs, but the last few days my unemployment doesn't care me much. I really think that there is something big going to happen very very soon, just wait and see . . .

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

I imagine stuff has been going on for years the difference now is facebook and twitter is here and if you think there's a fair share of scaremongers here check them out. Earthquakes are part of any active planet particularly one with a moon like ours it pulls and pushes on our earth continually and eventually something has got to give.

There's always "Stuff" going on, but the last few months it's getting to much. I'm not really paranoid or something, but I am started to feel a bit worried.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by iheartprplkoolaid
Everyone thinks that this eartquake is signaling the end of the world, noone has noticed that about once a year there is at least an 8.0 earthquake somewhere.

According to a geology text I read on the weekend, exactly!
There's one 8.0 somewhere in the world pretty much exactly once a year, 7.0 earthquakes 3-7 times a year and so on!
Vicky

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
U are victim of the almigthy media,need to disconect some time and chill,catch up with yourself first, nothing has happened that didnt happend before.The news get to you in a very faster mode.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I had it figured out over ten years ago.Corporations and Wall Street control jobs and the market. Most of the politicians have bought into this by collecting their shares from the special interests.So, the governing of the country follow the wishes of the power elite.

The ditto heads who bought into the voices on the radio are coming unglued.Extreme weather caused by the rising temperatures are affecting those who believed it wasn't so. Instead of facing up to their bewilderment, they are exasperating it by endorsing extreme political views.

What's holding everything together is the dollar. Throughout the world, approximately 85 % of money transfers from trade and money exchanges takes place with the dollar currency.This lifts the US banks. Within 5 to 10 years, the share could drop to 45% with the Chinese currency getting into the act. India and Brazil want to get on the stage.The US has five years to get its house in order. So how will the Corporations and Wall Street do it. The banks aren't worried. They're too big to fail.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
In every single aspect of our existence the media and government have promoted fear as the mantra of the future, replacing what used to be ambition and a sense of adventure. You want to shake that oppressive feeling? Then do a little something to rebel. Stop taking the world so seriously and get out and do something fun for a change.

I like this site, but it’s certainly isn’t optimistic. Winter also does that since it limits our outside activities and lack of sunshine can cause depression. Take an hour just to listen to music, go see a movie, or go to a museum, read a really good book, go out to eat for something you love, but haven’t had in ages.

It won’t change the world, but for a short time, it will change your perception of it. And DO NOT watch any news for a day or two. All that tragedy will still be available, when you come back.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join