It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Books that will land you on a watch list

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Anarchist Cookbook was a given. There was a specific title, I think from Paladin Press, that was either a how-to be a contract killer, or how to find and hire a contract killer. Got them sued when someone followed it to a T, IIRC.

Ah yes... Hit Man
edit on 2011.3.15 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips
That's why I've always been a major proponent of actually owning the physical item. Books helped to free humanity from oppression. As long as I am able, I will always have a personal library on hand of actual things... books, CDs, movies, etc.

As far as the "cloud" and subscription nonsense goes, and I fully agree that this is what they are moving towards, I have great faith in the world of hackers who will continue to figure out how to capture this material and make it available outside of the "ether."

Yeah I was a huge supporter of actually owning physical items as well until a year or two ago a friend convinced me to get rid of a ton of dvds, cd,s and books since I had them all on a digital format. I idiotically complied as far as the first two go but I kept my books however.

To Paraphrase Charlton Heston "You can have my books when you pry them out of my cold dead hands"
edit on 16/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
Yeah I was a huge supporter of actually owning physical items as well until a year or two ago a friend convinced me to get rid of a ton of dvds, cd,s and books since I had them all on a digital format. I idiotically complied as far as the first two go but I kept my books however.

To Paraphrase Charlton Heston "You can have my books when you pry them out of my cold dead hands"
edit on 16/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling

While I defnitely understand the convenience in consolidation, I fear the inevitable failure of the system, rendering my entire collection lost. I like to still retain the source material. I am fortunate that I have the space to keep it all, and I realize that many are not. It will be a sad day when I am forced to liquidate and digitize.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Paladin Press does offer some pretty unique reading material for purchase.

My favorite title that I have seen was "Screw Unto Others - The Ultimate Guide to Revenge"

That one will probably get you a second look

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I know the author of this book was investigated and slightly harassed by the FBI upon release.

'Unintended Consequences" By John Ross

Great story about taking back your life from the government after being targeted by ambitious agents with an Anti-Constitutional political agenda and use it to further their careers!

Zindo

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

While I defnitely understand the convenience in consolidation, I fear the inevitable failure of the system, rendering my entire collection lost. I like to still retain the source material.

I worry about the same thing. Having had a few hard drives die in my lifetime, I am well aware of the fact that the information on them is fairly easily lost. And sure, some people may be able to get in with the right equipment and retrieve that information, but if a big enough SHTF situation occurred, who knows how long it might be before we could get to the point again where we could do that? I worry we are becoming too dependent on a system that is pretty vulnerable.

My book collection will not likely be of immediate help in such a situation, I dont have titles like 'how to restart a power plant" or anything that will be immediately useful, but I am comforted by the thought that the books are out there, and if everything electronic ceased to be accessible, we could still get to the information we might need to get going again.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Not a restricted book, but on the topic of losing everything, there's a novel by playwright David Mamet called Wilson: A Consideration of the Sources which is essentially people in the future trying to piece together what the 20th century was like, with only pulp magazines and ads to go by.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Books by Marques de Sade

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

--The Bible. Particularly when

--bought by evangelical Christians;
--by Pentecostal Christians;
--by Veterans;
--by those supporting the Constitution
--by those believing in their Constitutional gun rights.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have all the English books by Shoko Asahara of AUM Shinrikyo.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Farenheit 451
U.S. Constitution
Bill of Rights

My suggestions with this administration.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
No worries...
Why bother with books - we're all already on a list just for visiting ATS.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I didn't look at all the posts so I don't know if anyone mentioned these... Bible, Torah (you notice it doesn't include the koran). Any book on the founding fathers, any type of military or survival stuff. I would think it's like the catch words or phrases used on the phone.

Uh oh, gotta go the black helicopters are coming...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join