It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Books that will land you on a watch list

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I worked in a used book store while in college and we used to joke about books that would land you on a watch list if you bought them through traceable channels.

Some examples of these books were "The Anarchists Cookbook," and the Uncle Fester series of books.

These books were sold into the books store rarely, but when they were, we never ever shelved them. There was no point. If you put them up on the counter they would sell the same day they came in. Every single time. So, although I never really did know if there was a list of books that would get you on a watch list, customers BEHAVED as if this was the case. They snapped those books up from us because we kept no record whatsoever of individual titles we bought in, or sold.

So............I am curious, is there really a list of books that will get you on a watch list if you buy them via normal channels? And if so, why is it impossible to find any evidence of said list? I googled around before this, people allude to the list, but no one seems to have a copy.

ATS? Anyone have any other titles they suspect would be on the list besides the ones I have mentioned?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Turner Diary

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Yeah, I googled that. I can see why that would end up on a list.

You know the worst thing about books that are "dangerous?" Just the fact that the PTB finds them scary makes you want to read them. Lol.

Maybe thats why they dont allow the publishing of the "List that will get you on the watchlist." They dont want to create demand for books they find threatening.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
"The Catcher In The Rye"
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
If you're not on a a watch list then you are just plain lazy.
Try harder!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Hey, you, add titles if you have them.

Some other sites suggested that books about your rights were among the alleged books on the danger list. Anyone confirm or deny that one?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
"The war of the flea" by Robert Taber

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Bill Cooper. Behold A Pale Horse

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Buying multiple copies of 1984 is probably frowned upon.

Twilight should be on the list as potentially mind-altering and an IQ killer.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
the terrorists handbook....that will land you in the [SNIP]....

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 16-3-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Bought Venceremos : The Speeches and Writings of Che Guevera by: John Gerassi (Editor), 1984 by George Orwell and Mein Kampf by __________ all at a B&N last summer and the lady behind the counter made a comment along the lines of " If you're trying to draw attention to yourself You couldv'e just bought the Che Book". Have no clue if she was serious but it got me wondering.
edit on 15/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling as per usual

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I think this one might be a problem, luckily I haven't got round to publishing it yet
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bd3601eeff8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
any should please list books, as this is a very intresting collection of titles to have.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

HO BOY!!!!

"The Autobiography of Malcom X".1965. You can count on it. You're on a list.

"The Hidden Persuaders" by Vance Packard. 1957. You've been on some list for a long time.

"The Creature From Jekyll Island" by Edward Griffin. 1994.Oops. Now you have snagged a supervisor's attention.

" P.R. A Social History of Spin" by Stuart Ewen.2004. Now they are starting to make phone calls.

"The Jungle" by Upton Sinclar. 1906. There's no doubt now. They know you're on to them.

"Shock Doctrine. The Rise of Disaster Capitalism" by Naomi Klien. 2007. Run, they're coming up to your door.

"Human Race Get Off Your Knees" by David Icke. Now. Up to your door,,,,with a net.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
everything you need to know about growing and weaponizing anthrax

I think i remember seening some guy at the gunshow selling dvds on how to get yourself in lots of trouble

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Maos Red Book en.wikipedia.org...

I got this too, from a friend as a birthday present a few years back, however I bet it would raise a flag if purchased thorugh the regular means.
edit on 15/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling as per usual

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Improvised Munitions black book 1,2, and 3

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Lies My Teacher Told Me, by James Loewen -- An incredible book that sparked my "awakening."

en.wikipedia.org...

Citation: Loewen, James. Lies My Teacher Told Me. New York: The New Press, 1995; 2008. Print.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Wait. Your loic is "People bought them immediately when we shelved them, so they must have been critical watchlist reading, when the much more logical explanation is "these books caused controversy and dispute. Individuals wanted to know their content."

Gosh, I'm convinced. I'll never read CAtcher in the Rye again.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Wow I am going to have to purchase all of them at the same time lol! hehe I just like to push buttons, yea I got in trouble a lot as a kid

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join