It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And so it begins. Radiation finally reaches my area //might get evacuated

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

No bananas for me...lol

Good night..it's 10:00pm here, I'm gonna sleep as I still have not-cancelled school tomorrow. Thanks everyone and I'll try to get back to u all tomorrow!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This was posted in another thread, to go along with the other radiation reading website.

Geiger Counter - Tokyo

When I first checked it yesterday it was around 12.04
This morning when I checked it (around 2.5 hrs ago) it was in the 40's I believe, so I don't know if it was coming down from that spike or not, but it is currently down to 17.

Michelle

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

For what it's worth :

The World Radiation Monitoring Center received a mail from Osamu IJIMA, Chief of Radiation Section, Atmospheric Environment Division, Global Environment and Marine Department, Japan Meteorological Agency that contain the sentences: "Fortunately, my colleagues (e.g. Minamitorishima's staffs) and family have no damage".

LINK

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

"oh yeah you can stay at my house" a million miles away where i know you can't go. You people are scrubs, I'm not gonna ask my wife or mom or anybody...If you come to Maui I will get your family a place because that is Ohana. When a person is sick all their friends and family come to see them (and share antibodies).I am NOT out of order..if you see the chaos you should reason that a kid should be given the tools to survive. So you sir are out of order for lying in complacency.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Man I'm sorry to hear that I hope they can shield your people as much as they can from this radiation,
Question is there a need for people to temporary leave the country to other parts of the world like Europe or the united states or somewhere else? I think that countries around the world should help your people in whatever they can do, to minimize the casualties.

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo
Well right now the radiation is equivalent to an X-ray body scan but it's getting worse.

I wouldn't be worried if the dose was that of an X-ray a month or even a week but if this is constant, then that's definitely cause for concern. So do you know exactly what they mean?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Can somebody start a thread asking for addresses where we can send supplies? I want to help out, but do not trust NGO's and would like to send stuff directly. Is fedex/ups still delivering to Japan? I would start the thread, but don't have enough posts.

Please,
Where can I send help, and what do you need most?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
My prayer goes out to you. I hope something is worked out evacuation wise to get you people out of there.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Stay safe and God bless you. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

If there is anything we can do on our side, please, please, please let us know. Whether it be supplies, information or just a good word to keep your spirits up, we're all here to help in any way we possibly can.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Belteshazzar.zv7

Unfortunately, it seems FedEx has shut off shipments and freight to eastern Japan at the moment. UPS however may be up and running, I would check their websites and see what they're currently doing.

source: www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockstar02

"Oh god be with you" tell me the numbers in your region "My prayers are reaching out to you from gods womb" When will the radiation hit the US and how can we blow that up into a big story?

You people make me sick. Save your sappy condolences for this kids funeral. I am going to save a life with my harsh truth and your idle coddling will slowly kill this young man.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Lots of people on here mean well, but I'd rely on the judgment of those closest to you, your parents. Nobody wants your safety more than them.

In the mean time there are a huge number of conflicting reports, like some vast "fog of war" obscuring the facts and numbers, and the current extent of threat from those reactors. This is understandable given the scope of these three interlocking disasters, and the fluidity of the situation.

Whatever happens know that the people of Japan have the entire world busting their guts trying to get in and help out.

Bless you and your family and all the people in Japan. Our hearts and prayers are with you.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

Excellent link thanks you!! I find myself checking news every 2-3 hours. I even got up twice last night to check.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DayKnightmare

What is wrong with you, man? I was just letting this guy know that I'll be keeping him in my prayers. I also offered to help in any way I possibly could.

People like YOU make me sick. In a time of crisis and hardship, you sit here and mock and put others down. Get a grip

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Guess what woke me up? Another earthquake. This one was really strong, this must have been super strong at the epiccenter. We felt it all the way down here, man oh man..well I'll be awake a little longer, but I'll update on ATS when I can...earthquake was around 10:34PM or 35ish Tokyo time...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

YOU ARE NOT ON ATS BECAUSE YOU LISTENED TO YOUR PARENTS! They WILL NOT save you, don't let these idiots coddle you. I know its hard to accept now and you can't, that is impossible no matter how hardcore you are. But heed my words....You are on your Own, Survive, Spread your God. Face the future and be judged, knowing you did right, with relief.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

You are very brave my friend, i hope you and your familly will be safe

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I found this website that says 5-20 dos/rem could have possible chromosome defects. www.atomicarchive.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo
Guess what woke me up? Another earthquake. This one was really strong, this must have been super strong at the epiccenter. We felt it all the way down here, man oh man..well I'll be awake a little longer, but I'll update on ATS when I can...earthquake was around 10:34PM or 35ish Tokyo time...

I hope the ground settles down soon so you can get some rest. You might need it in the coming days. Plus stress and lack of sleep can be devastating on your health. My thoughts are with you, your family and friends. I know there's nothing I can do for you from stateside beside send my support. However, if you find yourself in need of supplies, let me know. I will try my best to get them to you.

My hope your way!
OiO

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The problems are compiling and growing exponentially now, one that is in a danger zone must consider that if there is a rupture at any of the damaged reactor cores radioactive particulate dispersion and current winds will spread that all over the island of Japan... South and west.

There are some 13 MILLION people in Tokyo alone... If people wait until the last minute, or when the situation becomes life threatening evacuation in the midst of mass panic and chaos will be difficult, possibly impossible and/or dangerous.

Those in that region, must consider this in any decision to stay or leave at this point, no matter what the officials are saying.

Be safe, be smart, and remain calm, but aware of all risks.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join