It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And so it begins. Radiation finally reaches my area //might get evacuated

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Take care of yourself!

Equivilant to an X ray or not,have you never noticed the medical staff leave the room when they give you an X ray?

They dont leave the room for no reason!

Plus an X ray only lasts a second. In your current situation,you are potentially recieving an X ray dose every second,of every minute,of every hour!!!

Be very wary of what you are being told and Good Luck!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Yes I have tried that, but my parents are close minded. They always reply with the same thing; "Don't listen to everythin you read/hear" "calm down" "they say we're safe so we are" etc.

There's nothing I can do really until they actually decide to do something, or if the base does, which I hope they will do soon. I'm afraid they won't do anything unless people die, or if it gets worse than it really is. And we've been getting more earthquake warnings, volcano erupted, eerythings happening here. It's crazy, really. At first during the quake I thought everything was ok, I thought Wrong once I found out everything else..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by martin3030

I hope we will soon..

reply to post by scobro

Thank you for the advice! I'm unsure of the radiation level Atm as we speak however I think we'll find out soon..thank you!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

No problem!

Just to let you know our thoughts are with you all!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
iAnjo; I hope you are safe and will stay safe!

It is difficult to asses the danger of what is happening from this place. Some people say it is not that bad and others say it is very bad.

I've found this live geiger counter feed from Tokyo online. Maybe it can help you a bit. www.ustream.tv...=twitter.com&utm_source=7503767&utm_medium=social

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
IAnjo, respect and may you and your family remain safe my friend.

The good news is NHK news are saying strong NW winds are coming that will blow clouds away from the land.

The not so good news is it will get close to freezing tonight so if you have no heat please try to stay warm as snow is predicted in some areas.

The news are saying that radiation levels are not life threatening.

Stay positive our thoughts are with you.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by scobro

as Horace Greely once said, "go WEST young man, go WEST"
still good advice 150 years later...

prevaling winds normally go west to east,
but check the wind direction first, best bet would to go upwind if you can

good luck

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Eat seaweed, kale, soba noodles, take showers often, apply betadine or iodine lotion if you can get it (one time per day over your forearms, back or abdomen), and please keep us updated.

I hope you keep you and yours safe. My good feelings go out to you!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
reply to post by iAnjo

Take care of yourself!

Equivilant to an X ray or not,have you never noticed the medical staff leave the room when they give you an X ray?

They dont leave the room for no reason!

They leave the room because the give 100 xrays a day everyday for their entire career, that's a bunch of radiation for one person unlike the patient who may get an x ray a few times a decade.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Wind Direction Map for Japan!!,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the source for that discussion
www.windfinder.com...,130.66

Lots of topics with resources embedded, you got plenty of reading material, go to new topics, top topics, and main headers.

My prayers go up for you and your family. Stay strong. Stay informed. Stay with your family, they need you. Your situation really puts mine into perspective. I have been praying for Japan since this happened. It's now real because you have become a birdseye view for us in the states.

Love and grace from the depths of my being....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
we're all praying for your safety no doubt IAnjo, try remain positive and don't scare yourself k?
I am more than sure that if the base was under any serious threat the order to evacuate would be given, conspiracy theories aside there is no way you or any other US citizen would be left there to deal with a life threatening situation such as this if it were that big, so you must be far away enough from it to be causing you any real serious damage.
Taking precautionary measures now is the best thing to do as others have said and please do not leave on your own.
God bless.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
everytime ive had an x-ray they cover my "family jewels" with a lead plate to stop damage to sperm etc, would this not a least be a minimum risk with these doeses ?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

An X-ray is a micro second blast with an rf beam which passes through your entire body. If your dosing any where close that ratio you need to get out now or you will be damaging you testes and eyes buddy. And if you a girl or woman you exposing your eggs in you ovaries to high levels of radiation.

I don't care who is telling you what call your mom and dad. If the are military good luck with that if your not a minor do what you have to do to protect your self .Get out now.

Be safe and I hope the best for you. I have alot of friends in Chiba around kashiwa train station Staying at the Crest Hotel. They bugged out already. Doe to high radiation detected on their equipment. And it was higher than an x-ray.

Please for your safety. bug out now.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Yes I have tried that, but my parents are close minded. They always reply with the same thing; "Don't listen to everythin you read/hear" "calm down" "they say we're safe so we are" etc.

There's nothing I can do really until they actually decide to do something, or if the base does, which I hope they will do soon. I'm afraid they won't do anything unless people die, or if it gets worse than it really is. And we've been getting more earthquake warnings, volcano erupted, eerythings happening here. It's crazy, really. At first during the quake I thought everything was ok, I thought Wrong once I found out everything else..

That's what most parents do rightly or wrongly. They arent brinwashed morons & I'm sure they've lived through some other hair raising moments in their youth that involved either Japan's nuclear facilities or abroad. They are just waiting on the bases orders. Sit tight for now & just keep your eyes peeled for folks looking ill. Our prayers are with you. *hugs*

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Also it is preoven that being expose to radiation at any level is not good. Higher or elevated dosing above background which is what you get from the sun and rock/radon has been shown in studies to cause mutation in your genetics. This is what causes cancer. Usually your body will attack the cancer cells or cells which deform due to rad exposure. but your body can only handle so much and then the genes multiply faster than your body can hadle and that is when you start suffering from radiation poisoning. That is very bad. That is when you get sick and die.

your probably getting way above what they are telling you.

Ohhh man my only suugestion would be to find some item containing lead or tantalum. Those tend to block radiation/ I don't know what else to say but get your potassium iodide.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Stay safe and please take of yourselves the people in japan have my prays.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
My thoughts are with you and your family and i hope that you will stay safe.

I can't offer you any advise,just stay as calm as you can.Panic is not a good advisor at times like this.

Stay safe

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Considering you are only exsposed to the X-rays for micro seconds..and this is continuous..yeah its bad

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Hi iAnjo,

I hope the Japanese government are doing the best they can to inform you of the situation but if you feel in anyway that your not getting the truth from them or they are just hoping for the best, id suggest to make your own mind up on weather to get the hell out of there or not, and like some have suggested keep up to date with the weather in a situation like this, stay down wind as far away as possible and inside with protection, just in case... stock up on tinned food & bottled water

Nothing wrong with doing a little bit of your own planning and i don't want to worry anybody, but just in case

Stay safe my friend

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I hope you and all your family stay safe my friend... Such a shame there is nothing I can do...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join