It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And so it begins. Radiation finally reaches my area //might get evacuated

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
May our best wishes be with you guys over in Japan, This is actually starting to look grim for all country's in or near the pacific ocean. Hope you guys get let go before a melt down does occur. I wish i could do something, feel hopeless behind a PC screen.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

thanks for keeping us informed.
getting real time information straight from the source is imperative now days.
please be safe and update us when you can, if you can.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

So where do you think he should go? Why are you all telling him to just 'take off'? You DO realize that inside he has at least some measure of protection. He lives in Tokyo....so he should just 'take off' and head closer to the danger?

Or are you advising a teenager to just run away as far and as fast as he can without any guidance or safety?

Again....going outside may be the very last thing he should do! He is on a MILITARY base! They obviously have the best ability to monitor the air and determine what is best for him...not a bunch of strangers sitting safely behind their computers on the other side of the world!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
OP, are you on a U.S. military base? If you are U.S. citizen, you should just have your parents send you back to the States until this whole thing blows over. Stay with relatives or whatever, just get out of there.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NZNoob

Even behind a PC screen we are helping them,giving them hope, prayers, and love maybe we cannot help in a physical manner,just knowing people care goes along way

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Thats what I don't get, they say its only an X-Ray. The difference between this and and Xray is that an Xray takes a second on 2 and this is constant. Do they think people are retarded? Jeez.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

So where do you think he should go? Why are you all telling him to just 'take off'? You DO realize that inside he has at least some measure of protection. He lives in Tokyo....so he should just 'take off' and head closer to the danger?

Or are you advising a teenager to just run away as far and as fast as he can without any guidance or safety?

Again....going outside may be the very last thing he should do! He is on a MILITARY base! They obviously have the best ability to monitor the air and determine what is best for him...not a bunch of strangers sitting safely behind their computers on the other side of the world!

While I agree it's better to stay inside than outside, what if the worst case scenario occurs and radiation keeps piling up outside? Then you inevitably will breathe it in and have to face it unless they have some bunkers that are radiation proof. Would it not only be safe inside if the outside levels eventually go down?

Problem is this situation is just all around bad. If I was in his place I'd be struck with fear and probably stay where I am unable to move. Just the thought of it is a bit unnerving.
edit on 3/14/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Do you have a geiger counter? Where are you getting your readings? What are the readings?

God Bless mate. You can use iodine tincture if you can't get potassium iodide. Stay inside...underground if possible.

According to research by Health Physicist Ken Miller, Hershey Medical Center, using 24 healthy adult male subjects, an adult could get a blocking dose of stable iodine by painting 8 ml of a 2 percent tincture of Iodine on the abdomen or forearm approximately 2 hours prior to I-131 contamination. The abstract of his study titled "Effectiveness of Skin Absorption of Tincture of I in Blocking Radioiodine from the Human Thyroid Gland" from Health Physics, June 1989, Vol. 56, No. 6, pages 911-914, states:

"Although there were large variations within each subject group in regard to serum-I levels and thyroid uptakes, the increase in serum-I concentration after topical-I application was effective in reducing the thyroid uptake of I131. The authors conclude that in the absence of KI, most humans would benefit from topical application of tincture of-I, and that in some the effectiveness would equal that of oral KI."

edit on 14-3-2011 by Leo Strauss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Im personally praying for you my brother.
Be safe. God bless.
This is the time to be human.
PEACE LOVE LIGHT

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

###. I'm wishing the best for you all my friend.
If I were rich, I'd be personally flying out to help evacuate you all as best I could.

You'll get to safety in time, don't worry. The build up of radiation is a slow process, relatively.

+28 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Guys I'll get back to u all after school when I gethome

I'm in class borrowing an iPhone 4, thanks for the replies. I can't believe this many people cared..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Im not sure there is much he can do, like a few posts above he cant just run away, he has no guidance or anything of that sort. Options i see are: Fleeing japan until all it is safe to return, or sit tight and hope for the best (which i think officials are monitoring for).

This is a very very tough situation to be in, So try be in his shoes and see his situation from his perspective.

link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Please calm down. Who says I am sitting safely on the other side of the world typing this? Going outside in Tokyo is not dangerous.. at least not yet. It is for him and his parents to decide what to do when the time comes. People here are just giving their opinions. There is still time to safely leave Tokyo if he and his family choose to do so. I seriously doubt all of Japan is in danger. I certainly hope not.
edit on 15-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Never underestimate the power of human compassion, no matter how bad it seems.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Wish ya the best.

stay safe,

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Yes stay inside.

The thicker the walls are , the better.

Go to the deepest part of the building you are in.

Radiation will be blocked by thick objects, the thicker the better.
The more stuff between you and the outside the better.

When and if they form an evac, move quickly and orderly towards your destination.

Stay inside and monitor your health consistently. Report anything abnormal to those in charge around you.
Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, etc.

You need to keep track of how you are effected and report that info so that the best options can be taken to ensure your safety and the safety of those around you.

Good luck and God be with you.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Get home safely my friend and keep us updated,Peace and Love

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hey hope for the best in this situation.
We are all hoping for the best for you and everyone else over there

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
My heart and strength is with you. Voice your thoughts and voice them loudly.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Wish there was something else we could do... I really do... we can give our best wishes and we're sending many many positive vibes your way...

I also learned years ago that humor has its rewards, even in times of peril... never lose your sense of humor...

Since your in japan, this joke might be fitting?

Q: Why is the Panda the deadliest bear on the planet?

A: Eats, Shoots and Leaves

I may just be retarded... but a joke here and there during tragic times, helps my soul...

-Vax Vorbiscum
edit on 3/15/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join