It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And so it begins. Radiation finally reaches my area //might get evacuated

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Effects of Radiation Levels on the Human Body
Dose-rem Effects
5-20 Possible late effects; possible chromosomal damage.
20-100 Temporary reduction in white blood cells.
100-200 Mild radiation sickness within a few hours: vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue; reduction in resistance to infection.
200-300 Serious radiation sickness effects as in 100-200 rem and hemorrhage; exposure is a Lethal Dose to 10-35% of the population after 30 days (LD 10-35/30).
300-400 Serious radiation sickness; also marrow and intestine destruction; LD 50-70/30.
400-1000 Acute illness, early death; LD 60-95/30.
1000-5000 Acute illness, early death in days; LD 100/10.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Has anyone looked into charts pertaining to the different reading posted around? I keep hearing rems, cpm, and some others with very little to no knowledge of how to gauge them accordingly? I hear X amount of rems is bad, what about in y reading? Thanks in advanced for any information provided.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
Dose-rem Effects
100-200 Mild radiation sickness within a few hours: vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue; reduction in resistance to infection.
200-300 Serious radiation sickness effects as in 100-200 rem and hemorrhage; exposure is a Lethal Dose to 10-35% of the population after 30 days (LD 10-35/30).
300-400 Serious radiation sickness; also marrow and intestine destruction; LD 50-70/30.

In portland they show now 43. Is that the same 43 as stated here. Temporary reduction in white blood cells?

Does that mean in Chiba they had 180? They should start feeling sick in a few hours?

I dont understand the numbers

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

To you and any others who do not have anything better to do than instill even more fear into this young man than he already has........find another place to wreak havok ok? He is fully aware of the danger HE IS IN THE MIDDLE OF without you rubbing salt in the wound. He does not need to hear the heartless comments you and the other one here are making. This boy has been through hell, and your gruesome discriptions are of no help whatsoever, and totally uncalled for.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
www.geigercounters.com... look at to denver. if people can live 68cpm its ok.
but better leave area because there are danger of increase rads levels.

Dose-rem Effects

In portland they show now 43. Is that the same 43 as stated here. Temporary reduction in white blood cells?

Does that mean in Chiba they had 180? They should start feeling sick in a few hours?

I dont understand the numbers

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo
Guys I am located in Ayase, Japan. ATM I am I school at Zama, a military base. I think we're a little south from Tokyo. I'll get a map later, I'm on an iPhone using 3G from my friend.

You "THINK" you're south of Tokyo?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
does anybody off hand have info on "converting" the different ways they are reporting the levels of radiation to one stardard way..just to simplify what we are seeing. so far we have cpm, rem and i hear the term 'micro seberts?"
gunna go do some looking

sorta gunna answer my own question..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This whole radiation clouds and mother nature taking its toll all reminds me of the John Titor consipiracy in how he said that most of the world has been contimated with radiation. Maybe this is how it started. Come to think of it most of his catastrophes are comming true.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
to answer my own question in less than 10 minutes...
www.radiation-scott.org...

www.unitconversion.org... rads-conversion.html

and one more
www.ccohs.ca...

hope this answers my question..why yes it does, thank you

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

I agree with AnimositisominA - You and your family should just up and leave - go now, get as far away as possible. Be careful.

Please keep us informed if possible, as I am sure we here in America, I'm watching CNN - aren't getting the full story.

Safe journey and my heartfelt wishes for all of you.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearMitochondria

I was in nursing many years ago and many patients with cancer died from the radiation and it's not a pleasant way to go.

I'm not trying to scare the OP and he is under age and a military base might now be the safest place.

Don't know, can he get really far below ground level? Military bases ususally have bunkers.

Than again, if TSHTF there is going to be the possibility of mass panic.

Personally, I would get my family and try to just get as far away from the "compromised" reactors as possible.

But than that means outside exposure so ?

BTW: Japan is noted for their civil defense drills and how well protected and built their reactors are, if this were to happen elsewhere where citizens don't have weekly drills or reactors built to such stringent codes there would really be problems.

Radiation leaks into the atmosphere and is carried by the winds so this is going to possibly affect large areas.

As a note to the OP, Right now, I would only eat canned food, not fresh produce or meat killed recently - radiation has already probably entered your food chain.

Just a thought, I could be wrong but as a precaution. Watch what your eating now.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

In one way you are most correct.

My intention like mentioning the food chain issue was to warn him. Not to frighten him more.

Did you know that if you burn wood that has been radiated, the radiation is released?

There are things that maybe some of us are trying to just be helpful and warn him about.

Knowledge protects.

Ignorance endangers.

My intention was simply to keep him informed so he survives intact.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

look at the bright side. You got mad ATS points for this.

I'm kind of not kidding. Your country got devistated. Thousands of people are dead. There is a nuclear reactor about to blow in your back yard. and not only do you still somehow have internet access, What do you do with it? ATS points.

Good luck anyhow brother. I really do pray for you. And me. And this planet.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
iAnjo,

Stay safe and I wish you all teachers and students safe day in Japan. The situation in Japan worries me big time and I have several close friends and loved one in Japan and it frustrated me so much because I couldn't find a way to go to Japan for now. (I am from America)

However, like we said, stay safe and keep us up to date with the situation and I shall have my thought and prayer with you and these Japanese people for safety. I also donated what I could afford to red cross, where I hope, will be able to help Japan with this situation.

Chaoic out...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Hi....I wasn't referring to you. I agree knowledge is power. There was a post earlier by someone else, which was very over the top in the way it was written....unnecessarily graphic.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I am concerned... The site that is used in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... is now 404!

Here's the link: www.radiationnetwork.com...

Maybe it's just me, but that's very odd!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join