It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And so it begins. Radiation finally reaches my area //might get evacuated

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by zuripai

I am so very sorry that you are going through this, it's such a horrifying situation to be in, and I am keeping you in my prayers. Do you have any iodine tincture or betadine in your medicine cabinet? Any kelp or kale that you can consume?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

I dont have any of that, but I know where you going with this. I went and checked each of those on google with the word 'radiation'. Ill have to see where I can get that stuff. Thank you for the info.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
"Radiation levels have fallen at Japan's earthquake-stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, the government says".

Maybe this is a good sign.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zuripai

Please let me know what I can do to help. This is what I found to put into perspective the radiation amounts reported:

"Radiation levels in Chiba prefecture, next to Tokyo, were 10 times above normal levels, Kyodo News reports.

After Tuesday's blast, radiation dosages of up to 400 millisieverts per hour were recorded at the Fukushima Daiichi site, about 250km north-east of Tokyo.

A single dose of 1,000 millisieverts causes temporary radiation sickness such as nausea and vomiting."

Link to the report:
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

More people care than you know. As someone else said, it is a horrible feeling sitting behind a computer screen unable to do anything but give you supporting words. I live in Louisiana in the U.S., and all of you in Japan are in my thoughts 24/7.....I can't even sleep. I can't find the words to express how I feel. So yes....MANY people care....deeply. I hope that God will watch over you, and that things will get better....and if not, I hope you can get somewhere safe. I will keep you in my prayers....(((((virtual hug))))))

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I would be real careful about that low level radiation. It might be low level but radiation is accumulative. One day might not hurt one too bad but a week of low level radiation exposure could do some serious damage.

www.sciencedaily.com...

cumulative amount of radiation that their patients receive. In fact they currently have no way to know or estimate any given patient’s cumulative dose.

Patients had an average cumulative estimated effective radiation dose of 45.0 milliseiverts, with CT scans and nuclear medicine studies contributing the most radiation. Twelve percent of the sample population was estimated to have received 100 or more millisieverts of radiation, a value that exceeds the accepted threshold of safety for exposure to low level ionizing radiation. If study patients are representative of the general emergency department population, then a substantial number of people may be placed at increased risk of developing cancer over their lifetime from diagnostic imaging studies as a result of these exposures.

I would highly suggest anyone in Japan keep a distance of 150 miles away from that nuclear reactor forever.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I care my friend I have shed many tears for you and your Country. Be safe and follow your gut, We love you friend

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Just goes to show that even with all the negative views of the world flying around, there are still good people out there that do care about our fellow humans. It is hard to imagine what you and everyone over there is going through right now, just keep in mind that there are many people who care, and take the responsibility of knowing that to try and reassure those around you. I really wish i could do more than offer my moral support.

Also keep us posted, i havent been able to keep watching the news it really is so overwhelming sometimes plus if you dont some may assume the worst so you also have that responsibility to concider, but always trust your instincts and keep you and those around you safe. Best of wishes for everyone, everywhere effected by this tragedy, and much respect to everyone who shows thier concern and support in times like this.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

I appreciate the info. So its millisieverts. I found that we have kelp in the apt.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Wow I've spent a lot of time in your area especially Camp Zama, stay safe.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I think it is safe to say if I and my family was in tokyo and
I had a way to get them out we would be gone...

Time to go people evacuate Tokyo!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I hope that you guys stay safe. Just know that people all around the world are praying for you and the people of Japan.
Does nobody in Japan besides the govt there have a geiger counter??? I dont understand that. You can get one for about $150 U.S. dollars. I'm not suggesting that you buy one....What I dont understand is why arent there people using twitter (ect.) to get out radiation levels from various place in Japan??

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo
Guys I'll get back to u all after school when I gethome

I'm in class borrowing an iPhone 4, thanks for the replies. I can't believe this many people cared..

We care...we care very much. And our hearts ache for the pain that the people of Japan are going thru now. We may all have our differences of opinions at times, but in times of tragedy that no longer holds true. We are one for all and all for one.
Keep alert on what is happening close to you. We are keeping all of Japan in our prayers. Please,, stay safe.
edit on 15-3-2011 by ellieN because: added a word

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I am very shocked by the replies here, "don't listen just leave and run its for your own safety man thats what id do"

Whatever you do, DO NOT DO THAT!, NO MATTER HOW FAR YOU RUN ITS NOT GOING TO MAKE YOU ANY SAFER [unless you have the ability to leave the country then id get out then]

Please, if your at a military base, thats likely the best bet, just hang tight, the military will take care of you, or you could run in the street like a tard like everyone else suggests. --__--

I feel so sorry for Japan, but I hate to say they did build ontop of a massive fault line, and the buildings are made for this, but why are the nuclear reactors so piss poor over there? if 3 of them exploded, that means they are not doing something right in the construction, I have no Idea what I'm talking about, but it seems like a good idea to reinforce all the nuclear plants near/around massive faultlines.

Good luck to you and your family/friends, The human will to live will keep you ok. Keep strong brothers/sisters.

P.S. Does Japan have any missile silos? Maybe we should reconsider a better way to store the missiles, what if those quakes hit USA near a silo?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zuripai

Glad to hear you have kelp available, it should help give some protection. Going back to your original report that a level of 1.3 microsieverts has been detected, this would convert to .0013 millisieverts, which is relatively low considering your proximity to the plant. Would this be correct?

link   
reply to post by TheEndIsNear421

Don't have time to read the 3 Pages B4 this Comment. Here's another Radiation Detection Map. UpDates every 5 Minutes. And Yes You can Move It Around. If it's been Previously Posted, My Oops.

www.blackcatsystems.com...

Good Luck and Best Wishes to anyOne i nthe FallOut Zones. Later, Syx.

link   
Like most of the other posters my thoughts are with you xx.

You have a clever head on your shoulders and are clearly not listening to the nut-jobs that are advising you to run about willy nilly with no-where to go
Do what your doing, keeping calm and listen to the more rational people on here. Your parents are probably not complete imbeciles and will be keeping themselves updated, they might not talk to you about it because as parents they will try to keep you from an overload of information (which is what your getting here atm) they love you and will do the right thing.

Don't worry about the "supermoon" or elenin or anything else, people have been predicting the end of the world since people first spoke and so far none of the millions of doom sayers have been right.

The Geiger counter in Tokyo is showing 'within normal levels' at the moment (and has been all along) and the area that is affected HAS been evacuated so the government of Japan are taking action despite what some people might like to believe.

Keep talking to the normal rational people and ignore the fruitcakes

edit on 15/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
My first post but hopefully it will be of interest to some.

This is a live feed of a Geiger Counter in Otaku, Tokyo. (According to the source it is , it may well not be)

Link

Thanks
LJ
edit on 15-3-2011 by ljonesyuk because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by ljonesyuk because: Sorted the link out!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join