It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you adopt a Japanese family?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If this radiation thing becomes even dangerous, would you take in a Japanese family if they were forced to evacuate?

I brought it up when talking to my girlfriend (halfway joking) but then realized that maybe it could come to this.

Would you? Could you?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Without hesitation.
Second Line

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I would. But I guess it would really be up to my parents.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hell yeah I love Japanese people I'm trying to learn to speak the language.
Unfortunately a one bedroom apartment isn't the best place for a refugee family.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
heck YES..
Line #2
Edited to add: I dont even have the darn room, and I'd take as many as I could if it meant saving their lives and giving them somewhere safe to land on their feet!
edit on 14-3-2011 by Weeeden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Heck yes I would.. that would free up so much of my time... have them working thier little hands and eyes very buisily every hour on my rice feilds... and harvesting my canola...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
From what I've seen of their small living spaces, I could probably fit 25 of them in my house comfortably. And the kids' math homework will probably improve!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
interesting you brought this up. I also said if i wasnt just 19 and I had enough money I would give everything to assist a family. I would love to share my home with those who are in need. I need to hurry up with my degree!!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Absolutely - I do have the room to do it (5 bedroom house). My parents took in two foreign exchange students from Japan back in the 80's. Though I was grown and gone at the time, my parents never stopped raving about how delightful and sweet they were. They kept in touch for many years.

If anyone can find an "adopt a Japanese person/family" website please alert me!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockerchic4God

If anyone can find an "adopt a Japanese person/family" website please alert me!

That's nice, but really, are you kidding me? Japan can take care of itself, they're not a poor third world country. They have plenty on land on their country left.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Personally I would not. It's not because I dislike the Japanese it's just that there are other people like family members and friends who are not in the best situation that I would help out first.

I don't have the space or money to really help anyone so I guess it does not really matter.

I have seen some people saying we should have the Japanese come to America to escape... but I don't see any possible way that would work. They would need jobs and money just like the rest of us and American citizens already have a hard enough time obtaining either of those things. And we all know our government should not be spending any more money than they already are.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Of course, but i would make them use chairs and wear shoes in the house too.
I would serve them food with forks and spoons and watch em fumble them clumsily.

Seriously though, yes.
Especially if they had a post 18 yr old hot anime looking ....err never mind.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yes the anime 18 year old is the added bonus.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Sure, why not? I've got a little extra room here in the fortress. I would think it would be fun, and having help around the house would be great.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I might have to bite the bullet and let some Japanese people in my MAN cave! They'll have to clean it though cause its pretty messy.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I would call one pikachu

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Beautiful Japanese hunnies that are desperately begging to escape nuclear destruction?? I mean, I would under normal circumstances, but considering that the American hunnies don't want anthing to do with me, and that the J-birds don't like black Americans at all, I'd have to play it safe.
It's really cutthroat in America, and I'd really like to help folks (especially beautiful Japanese hunnies), but since I'm a black guy they don't want my help. They really want like a white guy prince in shining armor to help. I'd be standing there begging to help them out and they'd laugh their asses off as the cops dragged me down to the cop station for who knows what (everything is illegal in America).
So, I'll just keep stacking g's and collectin maddd interest, and probably grab some gold and silver while I'm at it. In other words, I'll just keep saving my loot for myself. Not because I'm selfish, but because no one wants it but me. They always refuse my help.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I would for sure if it comes down to it. I will gladly share whats mine with someone in need.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm in. We have a big house. How do we get this info out?? who do we let know we have homes available to flee to??? Let's do this!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
My wife adopts people in need all the time.
she's just like that. A good kind hearted soul. Despite the way the world treats her sometimes.
There may be a family at my home right now, for all I know.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join