It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spent fuels WERE stored in roof sections of reactors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Let's build 11 nuclear reactors on a major quake zone, power at least one of them with controversial, dangerous fuel, then store the spent rods above the lot...! Crazy.

that is exactly what i thought when this whole thing started to unfold and i was made aware that japan only uses mainly nuclear power, no coal etc.

it just shows how stupid humans are, it is the "it won't happen here or to me" thinking again, which most humans do.

i am surprised nobody raised concerns before the earthquake, it was obviously going to happen eventually where ever major fault lines and nuclear plants are, regardless of if it was japan or another country.

i wonder if any are built in the path of volcano's, would'nt surprise me.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
[img]atomicinsights.blogspot.com
[/imglh4.googleusercontent.com...

Here is a diagram of the reactor in question. It shows multiple pools on top. The section with the crane is the section that exploded on all reactors.

i54.tinypic.com...

This show's the floor that exploded. Sorry I have not been able to do more than link right now. still getting the hang of posting here.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

You are right.
The only thing they can do is to control the meltdown by cooling and hope the inner container dosen't break.

Also the # 4 reactor was a fire and not a explosion, the fire is put out, so the rod's are save for now.
Keep your self updated, and calm down.
The situation is bad, but partialy under control.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This is gigantic news, and of the worst sort. The roof has blown off at least two reactors I have seen video of, there was another explosion @ reactor #3. Recent reports have reactor #2 blowing its lid.
Does anyone know how much radioactive material is at risk of exposure compared to Chernobyl? It seems that the numbers I have seen would indicate an astronomical figure I will not utter here, as it is based on hearsay. Can we get an expert here, please?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye

You are right.
The only thing they can do is to control the meltdown by cooling and hope the inner container dosen't break.

Also the # 4 reactor was a fire and not a explosion, the fire is put out, so the rod's are save for now.
Keep your self updated, and calm down.
The situation is bad, but partialy under control.

Please don't misunderstand the point of this thread.
I am not in America, frightened for my life through a misunderstanding of the situation, I initially posted to confirm the fact of the spent rods being stored where they were due to people not believing this (common sense, obviously would lead one to dispute such a stupid storage location).

I am calm, thank you for your concern.
I think your calming influence would have a better use in the threads where people are mistakingly expecting extreme levels of radiation to wash over the West Coast of the US at any moment.

This situation is worse than you seem to believe it to be though.
Are you aware that they are officially stating that the radiation levels are stong enough to burn skin, right near the site?
My concern is for the Japanese people who are stuck on a tiny island, with reactors failing and nobody being able to get close enough to hinder the process.

Have you been listening to the live addresses from the Japanese PM?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

No harm done, people just need to understand the news comming.

And sorry for the stupid thing

I have been following everything since the quake.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

It's hard to keep track at the moment, lot of news comes and goes.
A good advise is to follow NHK World.
They come with the best info imo.

www.livestation.com...
edit on 14-3-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Yeah, that's the link in my OP.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I wonder if they knew this would happen, or if the nuclear side effects were unexpected...

I'm guessing unexpected, as they lately tend to favor disease or man-made natural disaster models of human extermination, due to them preserving nature...

DING! Microwaves done! g2g

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mostlyspoons
I wonder if they knew this would happen, or if the nuclear side effects were unexpected...

I'm guessing unexpected, as they lately tend to favor disease or man-made natural disaster models of human extermination, due to them preserving nature...

DING! Microwaves done! g2g

I think a previous poster summed it up nicely when they pointed out that people never think "it" will happen to them.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I need sleep

Also this one have some very good info

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Oo, have a look of what is left of the roof / roof section:

cryptome.org...

High res Pictures tkane by an unmanned drone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join