It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contradictions in the bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Disclaimer: None of this is necessarily my opinion, i'm just presenting the work, this thread was not meant to be confrontational!

Here are a few:

War or Peace?

EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Who is the father of Joseph?

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Who was at the Empty Tomb? Is it:

MAT 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

MAR 16:1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

JOH 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.

JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Heres the link:www.infidels.org...

your thoughts?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I realize the bible is based on faith but......

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Thank you. Got any more?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Well , the bible isn't in any way a credible source for anything in my opinion. Personally I do not see a need for religion as i feel the mind alone is a capable source for moral integrity. Its just that people choose not to follow theirs. That being said, religion is something we do not need as a race and is more likely than not used to manipulate the masses.

The bible is not only contradictory, but many of its points do not make sense to us humans. For instance

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God.

What does it mean when we hear he will descend from heaven. I imagine him floating down ominously through a cloud, but clearly we really have no idea how that would happen. I imagine the voice of an archangel and the trumpet of god refers to the "noise" that will be made when the descent happens. Sounds like a spaceship ehh?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthTakesTime

I was your first star!

and ya i'v heard about the jesus is an alien thing but it doesn't really make sense, aliens wouldn't control heaven, etc. I don't know.....

and ya I don't take the bible as a good source....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

ya click on the link....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Any and all contradicting scriptures, would be better explained as, your inability to interpret scripture. Write about things you understand please...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

and ya i'v heard about the jesus is an alien thing but it doesn't really make sense, aliens wouldn't control heaven, etc. I don't know.....

That's where the bible has got you all messed up. There is no "physical" heaven or hell. Beyond the sky is a vast nothingness known as outer space, and its size goes beyond our understanding.

Jesus probably was not an alien, but did have aliens watching over him. In fact, he may have been the first human to reach enlightenment, but honestly who knows. When you start twisting your stories around what the bible says and what history says you will never be able to discover the truth.

My advice to you is to start with what YOU know as a person. Erase any and all outside influence the people of the world exert on you. Once you have that down, then my recommendation is to pick and pull from what makes sense and what doesn't.

Best of luck to you and your journey.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I did read that the translation god "created"...
actually is the Greek word "separated"
as in the sumerian version of events....
ohhh noooeee
Kinda takes a little wind out of the sails of the one and only god that created everything
( well according to the pope who just admitted the earth goes around the sun what, last year, now theres a direct line to god all right....I mean wrong)

as opposed to judging RPs ability to discern "scriptures"
please keep in mind no two christians sects agree on anything...

and the book of experts who think they know the bible well enough to predict the second coming all have one thing in common..
THEY HAVE ALL BEEN WRONG!

carry on RP
edit on 14-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Whats the point of a scripture if it can be interpreted in different ways? War? Because that's what it causes.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthTakesTime

I think religion was made to manipulate people..... But thank you! Best of luck to you and your journey!

edit on 14-3-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

re lie gion..?
there is still spirituality
the churches have a good reason to be wrong and misleading....earthly greed.

I really enjoyed "kingdom of heaven" I thought they said it well in that movie.

we Metis have the happy hunting ground to go to
sunday mourning trout fishing is as close to god as a person really needs to get.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Well said as usual Dan....

And your right, different sects can't agree on ANYTHING, catholics and baptists even have separate 10 commandments! I agree with the poster above, whats the point of text if it has no definite meaning? It accomplishes nothing and only causes war!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Dan, I like you and I think your a nice guy but you are so wrong. If something is right there is no reason to lie about it. Religion causes mass delusion and mass delusion is never good. I don't think religion creates morales I think it destroys them. Why? Because almost every war that has ever been fought has religion involved. since when do you need a celestial north Korea? I think you should do the right thing because it's the right thing, not because some cosmic zombie up in the sky who's his own father, who doesn't even exist tells you so.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
They way you have failed to interpret me, prooves me right. I didnt say that there was different ways for it to be interpreted, I said you were incapable of doing it. Whats more it apears this problem does not exist only while you study the Bible. I hope you can come to comprehend what I have just told you...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

are you talking to me??? If you are hit reply to please.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I can answer those,
but why should I?
It would do a disservice,
as they are left as exercises for the reader.

In other words If I do the thinking for us then
that becomes my job and everyone gets to stay shallow and unthinking

but...

errr...

ah, what the hell,
you want easy mode ... you got it.

War or peace?

"I form the light, and create darkness: [color=gold]I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
-Isaiah 45:7

Who is the Father of Jesus?

Did you miss the part, that your own hand wrote,
where it says (as was supposed).

Who was at the empty tomb?

If a police officer arrives at the scene of a crime
and all the witnesses give the exact same story, down to every detail,
they know they are being played by a prepared alibi. But if the
witnesses' accounts differ in details but give the same over all account, they are probably being told something closer to the truth.

Is Jesus equal too or lesser than?

"And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, [color=gold]I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel."
-Ezekiel 14:9

Congratulations.
Now everyone who reads this
and finds it satisfying
will be even more easily lead around by the opinions of others.

/shrug
David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

An you are capable of doing it? Sorry its hard to understand your typing.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Congratulations.
Now everyone who reads this
and finds it satisfying
will be even more easily lead around by the opinions of others.

/shrug
David Grouchy

lol!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Okay number 1 THIS NOT MY WORK, I simply brought it here none if this was interpreted by me this is all from another website! So if u thiany wrote any of these I did not. Also iv got to ask, are you Christian?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join