It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Fire at reactor 4 of Fukushima nuclear plant, says Japanese PM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This just in at BBC. Like in some kind of horrific domino effect, nuclear reactors in Japan are melting down one after another...

Also @CNN:
Japan's prime minister: Risk of further release of radioactive material from nuclear power plant remains "very high."

Either things are falling apart or they didn't tell us how serious things are from the beginning.

edit on 14-3-2011 by alomaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think someone beat you to it. Just saw this above.
Anyway....
This situation is is unsettling to say the least. Can you believe it's only March.
Seems like a years worth of news has happened since the new year.

Is your seat belt on?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
does it really surprise you that they would lie right up untill the end. i took everything they said with a pinch of salt. things are bad there and they are a whole lot worse then we are being told. so if they are saying things are bad now you can guess they are really bad. god help us

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
How many stinking reactors do they have at that place? dam.

I bet Japan will be shutting down these reactors all over the country asap when they get this current situation solved.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
I think someone beat you to it. Just saw this above.
Anyway....
This situation is is unsettling to say the least. Can you believe it's only March.
Seems like a years worth of news has happened since the new year.

Is your seat belt on?

Yes, I've noticed, Actually posted it first @ anotger thread (US Air Force WC-135 Detects...) but it doesn't metter.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
How many stinking reactors do they have at that place? dam.

I bet Japan will be shutting down these reactors all over the country asap when they get this current situation solved.

I believe 6

Anyways. I was listening to Alex Jones today and Gerald Celente was on. He was saying they've been lying from the get go. He said there probably wan't anyone even there since its so dangerous. I feel the same. Why the hell would anyone be around there with the dangers from radiation or a plain ole explosion.

Of course the media isn't gonna panic the public.

I see all the reactors failing because noone is around. Crazy stuff. !

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Map of nuclear plants in Japan.
[

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Wow amazing. There are a bunch. I realize they need to be on the coast so they can get water to cool it, but to put them in a quake zone is just nuts.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by JBA2848

Wow amazing. There are a bunch. I realize they need to be on the coast so they can get water to cool it, but to put them in a quake zone is just nuts.

I agree completely. I wonder who sold them that technology&plants...

edit on 14-3-2011 by alomaha because: quotation

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Sadly they don't have much of a choice. Unlike the US they don't have coal or natural gas reserves to support themselves. This is a problem almost all island nations face as they must strike a balance between growth and energy supplies. In the case of Japan the only way to do this and maintain their high GDP is to use Nuclear which is easy to get fuel for (most likely from Australian sources) and also has a high return on its cost.

The downside is that while these plants are required to be earthquake resistant, there just is no way to make any sizable structure resistant to a 9.0 + Tsunami event. There is just too much destructive energy being thrown against it to plan for, let alone guarantee protection.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
CNN:

Radiation levels at a damaged nuclear power plant increased, and anyone within a 30-kilometer radius should remain indoors, an official said.

First it was 10, than 20, now it's 30km, what's next? Since Japan is an island I suppose the next thing they'll advise them is to start swimming... Poor people...

top topics

join