It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! 4th Reactor on fire NOW!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
breaking news

www.cnn.com...

Just coming in from CNN

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I just heard, now saying radiation high enough around plants to damage human health.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
of course we`ll have the naysayers going `nah its all cool`

even the japanese spokespeople are even coming out, after all these days of denying problems, and admitting they screwed up

this is going bad very quick

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wxguru

Can we have a more specific source please, you just link to the cnn homepage. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yes, its getting worse every minute. I don't think the Japanese Government is coming clean al this unfolding tragedy.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
4th reactor??? I thought only 3 were on line at the time of Quake at Fukushima Dai-ichi (Plant One)?

Or is this at Fukushima Daini (Plant Two)?
edit on 14-3-2011 by Semaphore527 because: names of plants

edit on 14-3-2011 by Semaphore527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wxguru
Yes, its getting worse every minute. I don't think the Japanese Government is coming clean al this unfolding tragedy.

its only today they are slowly starting to mumble about how theres a high posibility of more leaks and a proper meltdown

they were denying it the last few days

i do not believe them and am convinced they are covering up the fact that they are screwed and the nuclear reactors are going to go into full meltdown

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
How many reactors in total ???

damn 4 reactors soon to meltdown or already are.. its getting very ugly

Pray for Japan

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I think this is there problem.
my.firedoglake.com...

Gundersen said the unit 1 pool could have as much as 20 years of spent fuel rods, which are still radioactive.

We’d be lucky if we only had to worry about the spent fuel rods from a single holding pool. We’re not that lucky. The Fukushima Daiichi plant has seven pools for spent fuel rods. Six of these are (or were) located at the top of six reactor buildings. One “common pool” is at ground level in a separate building. Each “reactor top” pool holds 3450 fuel rod assemblies. The common pool holds 6291 fuel rod assemblies. [The common pool has windows on one wall which were almost certainly destroyed by the tsunami.] Each assembly holds sixty-three fuel rods. This means the Fukushima Daiichi plant may contain over 600,000 spent fuel rods.

over 600,000 spent fuel rods.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Quoting Anderson Cooper...." detecting levels that can harm human health and residents are being advised to stay indoors that are within a 30 kilometer radius".

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
NHK telling people to stay indoors, close windows and do not remove washing from lines if you live within 30km region.

link   
The reactor # 3 is plutonium. Plutonium is 2 million times more dangerous than uranium. Search that!

link   
i am sitting watching the prime midday movie in australia and a news update just reported the same thing - radiation levels now high enough to harm humans in the area something about the 4th reactor - but now its just back to ads and the movie

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

it's on the breaking news banner at the top of the page.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
apparently japan has a total of 54 reactors. 11 are supposedly down

link

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Map of nuclear plants in Japan.

edit on 14-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
jesus...
not cool at all.

I hope some type of divine intervention prevents everyone from radiation poisoning..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The next 24 hours is critical for Japan's Nuclear Reactors. We have 3 Reactors that have blown and show some form radioactivity.

new topics

top topics

join