It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Scuttlebutte.. The US government cant pay its sailors

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well I got this information and feel it is important enough to post...

Here goes...

As of March 17 the US Government is broke... It cant pay... there is no money..

The sailors have been told they will not be paid on April first...

There is no money...

none for the fleet

none for the upkeep..

They have been told they will be paid EVENTUALLY and back paid...

All federal employees will go on stop gap

hourly will be paid...

salary will not...

My source is active duty with family in different parts of the DOD...

Fleets and soldiers will be called home... They cant pay the upkeep....

I am going to get more information..
mods this is intell from a person who told me so I was prepared... I will try and get as much as I can...

I have to go get a few other things ready.. I will BRB... with more information

You heard it here first on ATS...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
this also means that they cant aide Japan.. the fleet cant stay and help..

The Navy cant move because it cant pay the bills to supply the fleet I gtg but will brb

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Wow nice find... they are probably using the navy staffs money to invest money in there soon to be new war in lybia. then they could back pay the troops with the dirty/bloody oil money.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
My nephew is in the Navy, haven't heard anything about it, but I will ask.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Aw! There goes my uniform allowance!!!

Oh wait...I see what you did there. You said on April 1st.

Seriously though, if this were the case, I highly doubt we, or I for that matter, would be hearing it ATS first.

I mean, what about the USMC? They are Department of Navy you know.

If this were true bro, headline news at the moment would be the massive AWOL's, rather than Japan.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The US government is never broke.

If they need money, they print it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Is this the right link?

www.navytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

BRB????

That is a heavy load to drop and run! You are saying that active personnel are being told this already?

I can't wait to see what you come back with, because I think if your story has a shred of truth to it, tomorrow will be national SHTF day!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
The US government is never broke.

If they need money, they print it.

Which is exactly why the dollar is devaluing.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
First: Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force Times are not sponsored by the DoD. At times they can be "The National Enquirer" for the Military, written from rumor and conjecture. Why, I bet this headline stood out in big bold letters, t o ensure you'd see it while waiting in line to buy your smokes. They are a business after all.

Second, The Constitution States:

"Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Third: Shutdown of the Federal Government: Causes, Processes, and Effects from the Congressional Research Service, which is prepared specifically for Congress LAST MONTH states:

In the absence of appropriations, exceptions would be allowed only when there is “some reasonable and articulable connection between the function to be performed and the safety of human life or the protection of property.”

So yeah, don't let the supermarket tabloids fool ya!

edit on 3/14/2011 by Juston because: Spelling...Too much Vodka...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Didn't California recently send out I.O.U.'s to its employees? I know they did because I wanted to get one off of Ebay. I was outbid. Isn't that the same thing?!?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

No. That's a State Government.
We are talking about Federal.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Asking troops to work-without-pay? Good luck with that.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
i thought i heard that a 10 day emergency, continued funding bill was in the process of being passed...

which begs the question of Why were the Seamen the only Target and none of the other services ?
this smells fishy !

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Negative. Government civilians in non-essential jobs would be sent home. Active duty are exempt from cessation, as are most emergency and federal law enforcement. Scare tactics is all this is. Even the original source, Rick Maze, who is the staff writer at the airforce/army/navy/marines times says the memo that states this was never released.

edit on 14-3-2011 by Vizzle because: full frontal nudity

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

California would have the 7th highest GDP in the world if thought of as a country (not including the US as a whole, if so, it would be 8th). I have a feeling the US gov't would take a play from their book.

Edit: by "isnt' that the same thing" I meant, isn't it the same situation? Can't pay so what else are they supposed to do? Hand out blenders? I do know that state and federal aren't the same thing.

edit on 14-3-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Listen I know alittle...My best friends husband works for the library of congress,in Washington DC....She told me he may be out of work for 8 weeks due to they are going to shut down the federal works for two months...They make great money but they live from check to check....We are living in scary times...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

And she would be correct, as he is a non vital civilian employee.

reply to post by superman2012

The only person who's feelings I trust is Han Solo's

And budget deficits are not from a play book, but from idiots in general.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Sorry I had to get a second confirmation... I also have responsibilities to my family and had to initiate some personal protocols..

here is what little I got...

His command told the sailors everything will be ok...

Upper command has some things in place they are NOT telling... He couldnt release

It appears there might be a slush fund but he is not sure... that is rumor... But withdrawals are being discussed on a massive scale...

A lot of the military lives paycheck to paycheck

The other repercussion he discussed was that means any national guard units will have to be paid by the state..

BTW... he went to go find an issue of the Navy times.... he was surprised that 'friends' of mine read it..

will those of you that found the articles post it

on side notes...

The family member of his in DoHS told him to not withdraw money in massive amounts... no suspicious purchases..

He said gold was a good idea.. But A friend of ours is a jeweler and they almost impounded some of his jewels and gold when he came through customs yesterday...

I am finding more and more little piece of information.. I will now attempt to contact a few more friends... One refused to speak about it...

I will post any additional information I get...

none of this is good news...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join