It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for Radioactive Fallout From Japanese Reactors

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Japan is taking latest safety measures due to the power plant incident. Now nuclear reactors 5 and 6 are in danger of explosion.
http://w ww.chicagotribune.com/videobeta/5a616e66-2db7-496e-bbba-8c0874e4a3ce/News/Japan-s-number-5-and-6-nuclear-reactors-fear-the-worst

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Yes, I said they are considering removing the panels as a preventative measure against hydrogen explosions.

No, you did not provide a source saying the cooling systems on reactors 5 and 6 had failed. Yes, temperatures in the reactors have risen. This does not mean the cooling systems have failed.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Yes, I said they are considering removing the panels as a preventative measure against hydrogen explosions.

No, you did not provide a source saying the cooling systems on reactors 5 and 6 had failed. Yes, temperatures in the reactors have risen. This does not mean the cooling systems have failed.

Engineers were also keeping a close eye on the plant's No. 5 and No. 6 reactors amid fears they could overheat after cooling systems began to fail.

began to fail.began to fail.began to fail.began to fail. Crap, cant you read!!!!!
www.abc.net.au...

Radiation levels have prevented them from getting close enough to pump water in and spent fuel inside is at risk of overheating and spewing yet more radiation into the atmosphere.

They can NOT get close enough to do anything. So..who's going to fix it now..Superman???

"considering removing the panels" consider..consider means thinking about it...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Yes. I can read, can you?

It says "began to fail". That is not the same thing as "has failed". The only official statement I've seen is that temperatures in the two reactors had risen. The assumption is that because the temperatures rose there may be something wrong with the cooling systems. The cooling system on my car began to fail last year. It did not fail, it still worked well enough for quite a while to keep my engine from blowing, though it did heat up a bit. The rise in temperature in the two inactive reactors was reported almost 24 hours ago. If the cooling systems do fail we will know about it. There is no need to make noises about the situation being worse than it is.

The high radiation levels are at reactor #4, not #5 or #6. Superman will not be required but for all we know the panels could be opened remotely since those reactors are not damaged. No fires. No explosions.

Yes, I know what "considering" means. That's why I said it. The removal of the panels is (or was) being considered. I did not say it had been done.

edit on 3/15/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Yes. I can read, can you?

It says "began to fail". That is not the same thing as "has failed". The only official statement I've seen is that temperatures in the two reactors had risen. The assumption is that because the temperatures rose there may be something wrong with the cooling systems. The cooling system on my car began to fail last year. It did not fail, it still worked well enough for quite a while to keep my engine from blowing, though it did heat up a bit. The rise in temperature in the two inactive reactors was reported almost 24 hours ago. If the cooling systems do fail we will know about it. There is no need to make noises about the situation being worse than it is.

The high radiation levels are at reactor #4, not #5 or #6. Superman will not be required but for all we know the panels could be opened remotely since those reactors are not damaged. No fires. No explosions.

Yes, I know what "considering" means. That's why I said it. The removal of the panels is (or was) being considered. I did not say it had been done.

edit on 3/15/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Phage..there have been fires at 4 all day long..and look..if the cooling system began to fail..and no one can get in to fix it..well..just use your head..im really not going to argue with you anymore. There has been a hydrogen explosion..and MOX is in the air..its far deadlier than plutonium..look..id LOVE to say everything is peaches and cream..in fact..why dont we all listen to "The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music".
This is not something any of us has ever experienced..and hopefully NEVER will again.

Im not the type of person to yell FIRE in a packed movie theater..but I think its time to at least whisper it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

You have it backwards. MOX is a nuclear fuel which contains plutonium. "Normal" fuel is uranium. MOX is potentially more dangerous because it contains plutonium.

I haven't said everything is fine. It is a crisis situation...for Japan and Korea (if the wind changes).
edit on 3/16/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You're right..I said it wrong, totally backasswards..Im sorry..stressed out and just basically need to get away from all this crap for a bit. Im sorry Ive been short with you..wish I had a buncha chocolate right now.

Now, is really the time we need to all ban together..not bite each other's heads off.
MOX is more dangerous than other nuclear fuels because plutonium is more reactive than uranium. Spent MOX fuel is more radioactive. Sorry..just tired..
edit on 16-3-2011 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

we need to all ban together

Sorry. I just hadda do it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

we need to all ban together

Sorry. I just hadda do it.

I KNOW this, Phage..after years of being here..I know what you are like

Look..we both arent dummies..we both know what is going on..and I know..you like to be right..lol
Have to say..I do admire you..but I sure as hell dont worship your word as truth. Im Irish..stubborn

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I'm 1/4 Irish and 1/4 Scot (the rest is boring).

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I'm 1/4 Irish and 1/4 Scot (the rest is boring).

Good lord..no wonder we butt heads..lol..cheers!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

That's ok..I kind of like to see the "infamous" Phage sweat a little...everyone is scared to argue with you..pffft...well, Irish women are a bit different breed..anyway..Im still right! *hehe*

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Yummyfreelunch how are you able to even make it through the day? You seem so stressed out about this situation I think it is really bad for your health to worry that much! Take care of your body and get away from the computer and T.V. for a while I think you will relax and feel much better.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think what some people dont realize, and this is very important, is that we are not talking about a weaponized nuclear disaster. There have been over 2000 detonations of atomic and thermonuclear in testing and in practice. The difference here is that those weapons were designed to cause the most immediate destruction and the least residual destruction (for the most part). The fukushima situation boasts a very large amount of radioactive material, we needn't be as worried about blasts and fireballs as much, but (as others have been trying to explain...) the immensity of the radioactive particles that will be released into our oceans and into our atmosphere!

If the situation is as precarious as they say, I would buy some iodine and vodka, and I wouldn't buy any more clothes that aren't made of lead and plastics!

For those of you who may be TOO worried, look around for private or public fallout shelters, they may not save you from a bomb but if made properly could protect you from fallout! (hence the name) Sadly you may not have time to make one of your own, especially if you want a filtered ventilation system, which you DO. I know my town is riddled with them though although many are unkempt. Dont change your daily lives if you live on North America though, we will have hours of warning, just have a plan!!!! My grandfather told me an hour of planning can condense many hours of work! you do not want to be fumbling through boxes looking for your old Geiger counter when you have less than a few hours to get yourself and your family to safety!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join