It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for Radioactive Fallout From Japanese Reactors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The following is from snardfarker.ning.com

Unfortunately, radioactive fallout from the reactor leaks is going to hit the United States and Canada. Alaska, Hawaii and the west coast of the United States should prepare themselves for the invisible hazard that can rain down upon them within days or over the next weeks and months.

The wind paths will likely take the fallout to Alaska and Canada and the Northwestern coast of the United States first, but I expect we will see fallout in some small measure over most of the United States.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e62d1f3c50fc.jpg[/atsimg]

We will have to live with this mess from now on in our daily routine lifes
prepare your mind first before preparing your body.. the adaptation might be hard on the moral
once the public know this to be true and start getting ill

no more swiming in the pacific from north america
even walking outside in the forest with your dog .. you will have to take protection
and many pills to your dog to

For myself .. i dont get scare easy.. but i get scare for other around me ..i care for others very much
and i hate to see any living creatures and/or humans get hurt because of human error
like constructing a nasty nuclear reactor on the beach facing the pacifing ... WTH they were thinking ??
nothing was prevented on that mather .. now this nuclear catastrophe will be worst than the earthquake and the tsunami together

I found a site with advices to prevent radiation exposure
hope some in the west will follow those rules from now on

Link

1)Stay indoors as much as possible. No joke. Don't schedule any outdoor events, picnics etc. The radioactive fallout will be light but you want to expose yourself to as few radioactive particulates as possible.

2) Buy a Geiger counter This is your own personal insurance device. You can test your environment at anytime for radiation levels above natural background radiation. The old pen sized clip-on dosimeters and readers designed for the CIVIL DEFENSE are still available from some sources but are not necessarily reliable after all these years.

3) Keep informed. Officials will be monitoring the fallout plumes as best they can. Unfortunately the government is not experienced in this and we disbanded the important CIVIL DEFENSE networks and centers across our nation. Now we see that they are necessary again. Planes, satellites and testing stations will be trying to track the plume. Unfortunately radiation is invisible and winds are extremely variable and can change speed and direction quite fast.

4) Don't panic. The radiation levels should be low. But to be quite honest, corporate officials always underplay the levels released from these things and because these are damaged reactors we don't exactly know what levels will be released over the next days, weeks and months. Hindsight is always 20/20. No one informed the crew of the USS Ronald Reagan that they were going to pass through a radioactive plume on their way to Japan. People make mistakes.

5) If you think you have been exposed. Take off your clothes and throw them away, wash yourself thoroughly and get checked by a hospital for contamination and any needed treatment.

If anyone have other preparation tricks in case of a nuclear fallout
please update the thread

Stay safe everyone

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

And the fear mongering continues.

Honestly...never be able to swim in the pacific ocean again???

Come on, calm down.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Do you really think the radiation exposure could be worse than this?

The Pacific Proving Grounds was the name used to describe a number of sites in the Marshall Islands and a few other sites in the Pacific Ocean, used by the United States to conduct nuclear testing at various times between 1946 and 1962.

105 atmospheric (i.e., not underground) nuclear tests were conducted there, many of which were of extremely high yield.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3/14/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by Ben81

And the fear mongering continues.
Honestly...never be able to swim in the pacific ocean again???
Come on, calm down.

Fearmongering a threat of radiation fallout ???? ... there is NO such thing
we never saw this kind of disaster before
and the wind flow drive the toxic air right here in north american

Radiation in water is more dangerous than the poluted air
this is what i have heard .. so im not exagerating thing

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The radiation levels are four times higher after the last explosion

Look out you guys!!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Latest www.radiationnetwork.com... map:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a09c217c5235.jpg[/atsimg]

Latest squall.sfsu.edu... Jet Stream map:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7314c201c25c.gif[/atsimg]

Poorly constructed composite:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4d36bacd132.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 3/14/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Do you really think the radiation exposure could be worse than this?

The Pacific Proving Grounds was the name used to describe a number of sites in the Marshall Islands and a few other sites in the Pacific Ocean, used by the United States to conduct nuclear testing at various times between 1946 and 1962.

105 atmospheric (i.e., not underground) nuclear tests were conducted there, many of which were of extremely high yield.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3/14/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Yeah i know .. so many atomic bombs were tested in the USA
but most of them were underground or underwater to neutralize most of the radiation

a nuclear plant with 3 reactors in meltdown can be a far worse nightmare
the nuclear bomb that were tested .. they took many precaution
and they know the jet stream .. they wont test an atomic weapons if there is a jet stream going to a population area

the Japan earthquake tsunami nuclear scenario
is impossible to really know if the radiation will touch the west coast

but the chance of that is getting higher by the minute concerning all 3 reactors
look the news .. the news are like a nightmare scenario of a hollywood horror movie
with super heroes trying to save the world ...since we live in reality .. it can really get worst at this point

link   
As I understand it one of the worst things that can happen is that the salt water will corrode the rods that hold the radioactive pellets in.
The pellets get loose from their tubes, and fall willy nilly down the nearest hole, and if enough of them fall in the same spot, the resulting heat causes the "pile" to drill down till it hits water...
at about 6000deg.
ka boom
Then it gets shot up to the jet stream as discombubulated radioactive contamination...

of course the heavier particulate will fall near by...

If a US carrior got a one month dose in one hour, I'd say someone should be a scared of the rad levels, but with all the a-bombs and test bombs and DU (damit!) and recycled irradiated war metal I'd say that in the US the Japanese reactors aren't the biggest problem, radiation is the problem...well
The bankers that want to kill you all is the problem
oh yeah
SUPERFUND!
ooops
silly me, fluedian frip:
I meant Boo!

PS
If taking precautions makes a person feel better...
well, that is what boy scout was all about.
Be Prepared.
you can always take your iodine pills when they come to take your guns with DU rounds in the pipe.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

link   
A claim that says 3 nuclear reactors have had explosions of some kind and as far as I know nuclear is nothing to be playing with this is not fear-mongering its serious and needs to be observed and studied very closely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
as unlikely as it is, the op does have a point. it is not unusual for certain trace elements from chinese factories to be blown by the wind to the california coastline. there is an argument that a strong wind pattern could push ground level radiation out to sea to the california coastline. of course california does have sensors to track such things. and amazon is now out of iodine tablets/drops. as certain foods high in iodine such as cod/haddock/kelp are regularly eaten in asian diet, the effects of radiation will be slower to gauge in japan. the concern over radiation being blown to the american pacific coastline is not unwarranted. improbable, but not impossible. as many on ats have discussed the move east. it may be a very serious thought to consider.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SANTA CLAWS

Proof

Sources

Yes, I too would like a source for this Ben. And btw, you guys need to calm down for a moment and accept the possibility this could be real. It's not always fear mongering.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
www.defconwarningsystem.com...

This is the latest from DefCom Warning on the Radiation leak...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
fourth reactor on fire

sky news reports it is now a danger to life the radiation levels

prime minister has CONFIRMED A LEAK!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
There will be dispersal of the particles as it travels. Also, if the MSM is telling you this, then bank on it being another swine flu scare tactic. If it really WAS a danger to us all, they wouldn't say a peep about it. How long have you guys been on this planet anyway? Shouldn't take more than 1 year to figure out what the TV news is all about.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

hey Danbone

concerning the 3 massives explosions
only the containment core would make that boom

do you agree ?
you look like more nuclear expert than i am lol

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hey Ben

Mongolian dust lands in Texas.
all the environmental rules in the world won't protect anyone from the guy upstream.

pS
I understand there is the possibility it was the containment building blowing
because it was equal pressure, there is a chance that the building blew out and didn't damage the core.

Hydrogen is produced when the salt water they are using as a last ditch coolant ( they can't use machinery after the salt water) corrodes the containment tubes at such high temp, that is exploding the smaller ones.

PS, haha im gettin this second hand...my step brother is a nuclear engineer (Ret)..in Ontario.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I'd suggest you look at the charts showing fallout throughout the U.S. after all the above ground nuclear tests in Nevada in the 1950's.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I would also like to add to this discussion about the US behind this maybe I don't know how to think about that one with control of weather said to be out there check this one its the second post here

www.talkingpointsmemo.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
GE built much of the gear that just blew up
just like much of the gear in the US.
one of those reactors was using weapons grade from russian dismantled weapons .

that is going to be a real bitch

They are telling the peeps to stay indoors where there is little to no potection from radiation which means that there is contamination in the streets which staying indoors is some small protection from.
"contamination" irradiates as opposed to "radiation" wich is emitted from a contaminated source...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join