It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potassium Iodide Runs Low as Americans Seek It Out

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cedius4344
There's no need to seek it out. America is wasting the supply when they are not even in danger.

Yeah,
All across the world governments are lamenting the fact that they can't buy a few million doses of sodium iodide from the cvs pharmacy in Fargo or buy an emergency national stockpile from Amazon.

Evil Americans.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by condition9
I would like to comment also I don,t think it is the idea of me getting iodide but, look at this what I have went through in just 2-3 days asking questions trying to get prepared as this was a very unusual turn of events and all of a sudden I mean places did not want to answer me on specific things and one pharmacy a walgreens pharmacist hung up on me saying I gotta go now"" as his final statement things don't smell right here if you follow me and this is just trying to get the normal flow of prewparation and plan in motion so if it is already this dark and muddy "what do you think will happen if we get an epic one also?

Considering the panic being induced, I wouldn't be surprised if these people are answering the same questions over and over, and are getting fairly tired of it. Expect them to be short with you. It's not a personal thing, nor is it a conspiracy on their part, they're just being overwhelmed.

Be patient with them, and you might get better results from them.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

O.K. guys for those that have been telling everyone not to get concerned etc. etc. a new thread has just got started and tells it has hit calif. FROM JAPAN so, I guess I have been right on the money all along!!

Hows about a link to that thread? I'd like to see the evidence they're using to back that statement.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by Cedius4344
There's no need to seek it out. America is wasting the supply when they are not even in danger.

Yeah,
All across the world governments are lamenting the fact that they can't buy a few million doses of sodium iodide from the cvs pharmacy in Fargo or buy an emergency national stockpile from Amazon.

Evil Americans.

Thats priceless. Thank you!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

That is the questions I would like to ask the japanese right now; also it may be that people are in a panic mode maybe" but it could also be that people are wising up to the true intent and plan and do not want to be a statistic! I am telling you a fella on here earlier stated that if they would have placed all the necessities in one little box from our govt. and sold it for 49.99 it would have solved alot of these problems. And as far as I know there are multiple radioactive plants all around according to the amps that have been posted on ats the last couple of days however we are still needing prep for these events and crises and it will instill fear and panic if people realize they cannot save themselves or loved ones.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I read at top of new topics and it read plume from japan hits southwest I believe it read anyways check it out not sure how to link it yet and not clear if it has been confirmed but appeared that way I am herev and several spots trying to keep up with latest stuff.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests
Now, I don't know exactly how much of this product was/is around before this event happened, but I find it very difficult to believe that the entire country decided to look into how to prevent effects of radiation and buy it all up in a few short days, especially considering that MSM for the most part was reporting that everything was under control and there was next to no risk here.

Either people are getting that MSM will not be truthful in advance, we have a ton of paranoid people out there, or some entity is putting a stranglehold on the product.

Like I stated, I don't know how much was out there, but it seems suspicious that we collectively can go from "there is no risk" to people buying it up ASAP.

You seem to be answering your own questions. They were not prepared for this run on Potassium Iodide, and so there is a supply shortage with the panic buying going on.

Inducing panic buying is a sure way to clear out inventory. Around here, every time they predict snow, the store shelves clear of bread and milk in mere minutes - because of panic buying.

So - they didn't have enough stock to begin with to supply this sudden demand, they induce a panic to create panic buying and clear out what supplies they have, and at the same time they get to pump up the prices because of supply and demand.

It's a win-win fir KI sellers right now. They really don't car that folks will have useless stuff on hand after the panic is over. Keep it in a cool, dark place to increase the shelf life if you get any in this round, and you won't have to worry about the next one.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Well they won't need Iodine for this one

Activity at Mount Fuji

www.jma.go.jp...

I am going to cut down to only three threads... can't keep up... this one, the main earthqauke one and TrueAmerican's thread.

And they just had another 6.0 . It was odd they gave a PRE WARNING on that one and we watched it happen a few minutes later live on www.livestation.com...

MAP 6.0 2011/03/16 03:52:06 35.795 140.804 25.0 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
earthquake.usgs.gov...

The USGS report came in 10 minutes later
MAP 6.0 2011/03/16 03:52:06 35.795 140.804 25.0 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I would like to comment also I don,t think it is the idea of me getting iodide but, look at this what I have went through in just 2-3 days asking questions trying to get prepared as this was a very unusual turn of events

This is part of the problem.
Why was this an unusual turn of events?
Earthquakes and tsunamis are not unusual. They happen as a course of nature. Three mile island and chernobyl had nothing to do with natural disasters but they happened too. We have hundreds of nuke plants worldwide. We have thousands of nuclear devices worldwide. Eventually the worst will happen. Being PRE-pared just makes sense.

Iodine, sodium iodide and tincture of iodine are all useable in this situation. Even iodine tablets that are used to treat drinking water which are still available at sporting goods and surplus stores.

None of these should cost more than a few bucks but the only people who had them before the disaster in Japan were being called freaks and crackpots. Now they are being called hoarders. Either way they are vilified for attempting to take care of themselves instead of waiting for the Nanny state to do it for them.

You study, ask questions and prepare before the disaster. Not after. And don't listen to the static from the anti-preparation crowd. They would rather you suffer with them than have recourse if something goes wrong.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

That is the questions I would like to ask the japanese right now; also it may be that people are in a panic mode maybe" but it could also be that people are wising up to the true intent and plan and do not want to be a statistic! I am telling you a fella on here earlier stated that if they would have placed all the necessities in one little box from our govt. and sold it for 49.99 it would have solved alot of these problems. And as far as I know there are multiple radioactive plants all around according to the amps that have been posted on ats the last couple of days however we are still needing prep for these events and crises and it will instill fear and panic if people realize they cannot save themselves or loved ones.

There are currently 104 nuclear power plants in the United States. I don't live close enough to any of them to make them a danger to me, but those who do ought to make appropriate preparations - should have had them in place already.

A "one size fits all" panic kit would be impractical, really, because each area has it's own specific dangers. Some things are common across the board, like flashlights and blankets or sleeping bags, but Potassium Iodide isn't a general ingredient. Folks who live near enough to one should have theirs already, but I doubt that most do. Think about it - if their local power plant goes kaput and starts spewing radiation at them, how are they going to order off of the internet? Where do they get their power from to run their computers in the first place?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I went to CVS and Walgreens today to try to buy some (KI) and the bastards wouldn't sell it to me without a prescription...now what kind of "shhhht" is that? apparently its a controlled substance

I believe this is the power that be's golden opportunity to get rid of a few 100 million of us if they keep their fingers crossed

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This is for the people that are claiming the government bought up the stock recently. Nukepills said it only had 250,000 pills on hand. The numbers of millions of tablets/doses on their site from government agencies are not recent if they only had 250,000 pills in stock.

health.yahoo.net...

One supplier, Nukepills.com, reportedly sold out its entire supply of 250,000 pills over the weekend and has back-ordered another 1 million pills.

Please people...stop the panic, and stop thinking the government wants to kill you.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

One reason it's a controlled substance is because it's one of the main ingredients used to make meth.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

all our power comes directly from the 2 coal burning plants and the hydro plants within 30 miles or less...we no have no nuky plants round here

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

O.K. guys for those that have been telling everyone not to get concerned etc. etc. a new thread has just got started and tells it has hit calif. FROM JAPAN so, I guess I have been right on the money all along!!

No, you are still wrong because you are looking at a SIMULATION.

That thread isn't showing real time data...it is showing what one group or person simulated. Here is a big clue...the map/simulation goes unti March 18th. Unless they are time travelers...it is just a simple simulation.
edit on 15-3-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I live about 50 miles from the Palo Verde nuclear plant, but we don't get alot of earthquakes or tsunamis here in AZ, so I'm not worried about it personally. The sun is the most powerful nuclear reaction we have to deal with here. I think the word radiation causes such an emotive fear in people, as people in this country are glued to their computer screens soaking up every update, they are taking in far more radiation than the plant in Japan could ever send their way...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
tablets on sale via ebay for $2000 a pack now...what the hell is going on man...

link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Thanks you made some very good points and alot of that I had already realized but, some of these posters here I swear????

link   

Originally posted by anumohi
I went to CVS and Walgreens today to try to buy some (KI) and the bastards wouldn't sell it to me without a prescription...now what kind of "shhhht" is that? apparently its a controlled substance

I believe this is the power that be's golden opportunity to get rid of a few 100 million of us if they keep their fingers crossed

Badgerprints had a great solution above - Iodine tablets for water purification. They can be had at sporting goods stores, surplus stores, or even the sporting goods section of Wal-mart. Just make sure it's the iodine type. Tastes nasty, but kills bugs in your water, and as an added bonus protects your thyroid from radiation.

He had another great idea, too - tincture of iodine. I can't remember the dosage, but I'm sure it can be found on the internet. It can be used to disinfect drinking water in an emergency, too, as can chlorine bleach - which has no use at all in this scenario.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join