It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist leads forensics on dolphins, whales (I found the dead dolphin in this article)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

FOLLY BEACH -- The carcasses have been floating in for nearly two weeks now, bloated and decomposing. What's left of the dolphins has been found in the Stono and Kiawah rivers, on the Isle of Palms, Fripp Island and Waites Island. When the call came in, Wayne McFee was having one of those days. His only permanent staff member and two others were out on a boat in the South Edisto River, looking for the remains of the sixth dead bottlenose dolphin spotted in the past nine days. Meanwhile, another carcass had washed up, this one on Folly Beach.

Link to news article

I found this dolphin on the beach and a guy I told about it said he would call it in. Looking at the comments from the article a guy says he found it a day earlier. I include a somewhat gruesome picture I took here....

www.childmissing.org...

It is really a different experience when you see the dead body of an animal like this. Dolphins are so smart and it is just a shame that so many of them have died for no reason. We could make gasoline out of Marijuana plants that people cannot even smoke to get high and it would take 8 times less water then corn(hence less energy to drill for water and use energy that ate up the efficiently of making energy) and the plants would create as much oxygen as it did carbon dioxide once it was used to fuel my car. But instead the greedy people at the oil companies want to keep digging and causing oil disasters and pollution and wars. We are so brainwashed.

I only bring this up because I am scared to go surfing in the water. I feel like I am not protected by my government and it frustrates me. I wonder if the oil is finally making its way to South Carolina. They would not tell me if it was.
edit on 14-3-2011 by ProfATS because: added link to news article

edit on 14-3-2011 by ProfATS because: added a blurb about the energy needed to create energy with ethanol from corn is 8 times greater

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Terribly sad about the dolphin deaths. But what is the exact focus of this discussion? You went from bloated dolphin carcasses to oil dependence, to marijuana, to water drilling, to brainwashing and then your fear of surfing!

So... err...?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
dude why is the picture so big!!!!

otherwise this is very sad
its getting more common... i just dont understand why so many life is dying..

new topics

join