It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS can be proactive - create a global network now if the unthinkable did happen..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
We at ATS are lets say, the informed. Maybe some of our theories are not true and all myth and legend but we keep pushing forward to learn more and more information. We weed out the lies and stories and build our own opinion. That is why i love reading ATS b/c of many like minded people on here. Some I disagree with, some I agree with but I have a respect for all just for being a member of this forum..

So, I got thinking - most of us in here are willing to accept something big is going to happen. Whether this month, next year or in 20 years.. and we can do all the talking we want, but why not do something? I live in NYC.. and my biggest fear of a disaster is Yellowstone.. I can't think of any other disaster more scarier.. But then there can be a nuclear meltdown in Japan, the world can run out of oil, etc.. Many different scenarios but really with one out come. Chaos! the world is so devastatingly over populated that with an additional 100mm people being born every year puts more of a drain on energy resources, food, water, shelter, etc... so with all these numbers in people we can make an immediate change if god forbid some awful disaster strikes..

What I would like to ask ATS to do is create an area broken down by region.. For example: Those of you who live in NYC can meet, greet and discuss ways to over come. be proactive. I dont' even know if something will happen but why not be prepared? Why not have something set up to immediately try and grow food indoors, immediately set up communications.. anything!

If that can't be done.. atleast we have ATS - one of the biggest forums in the world. Or, atleast one of the most popular. With this forum word can get out that alternative energies may exist using magnets to propel a turbine which may possibly create energy... Or this Rossi/facal e-cat cold fusion device which I know nothing about.. But these are just examples of being informed.. If the worse did happen, at least those on ATS had some knowledge on how to rebuild. I hate using that word re build and I'd be actually embarrassed in bringing this up to my close friends and family.> They all already think I'm nuts! haha.. I don't know, maybe there are some more people out there like me who would be willing to create some form of network before anything happens.. and, lets just hope we are all wrong in our beliefs of some disaster heading towards us in the near future. But, just imagine what an established, underground network can do for us if the unthinkable really did happen? .. A way to communicate and be prepared... Whether runners can meet like the old pony express.. generators to send out signals.. I don't know, anything. i know this sounds crazy to think of such things, but wouldn't this be easier if it were already be in place if something happened?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
What about the good old Cup and String.... Never fails.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Good thread!

And here I am thinking along the lines of creating the ATS headquarters. JBA style!

JBA headquarters from Splinter Cell: Double Agent

edit on 14-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
sounds like a good idea to me, perhaps there needs to be a group for each country? the each group can work on things affecting their region?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I don't know if we need to expect a total collapse, but it is good to meet up with like minded folks. I have found that the We Are Change gang, and the Ron Paul supporters are often awake on some extent. In my state(Georgia) I have interacted with that group to find some people.

You could start a thread like ATS NYC Greet and Meet. Just have people pop in, and say whats up. In other areas a state based thread might be better. I think a lot here enjoy their anonymity, but many also want some community. In a world that is insane it is helpful to realize you are the sane one, and not the other way around.

Good idea, and as the economy continues to collapse community will become important. You want to know who to barter with, and who is prepared. A few well prepared people are gonna do much better than most when the dollar collapse happens.

Good luck, and good idea.

Anyone from Georgia whats up.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm in Colorado. Perhaps each state that has interested members should make a Facebook group or something?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PeasantRebellion

That's a good idea using Facebook or some other social networking site. The priority would be to create something that can be used when or if we weren't to have the usual electrical communication devices. I understand many want their anonymity and that could be arranged, lets say if they just talk by the phone. But thanks everyone for the feedback. Maybe I'll build a website directly devoted to this..
But since this site is so popular we would need to get the word out and create those separate Facebook groups, and let everyone know to join by state and region.. Then, perhaps use ATS as the main platform where would could all "Meet" and share suggestions.. Its an undertaking but if we run out of oil, or if the dollar collapses or yellowstone blows.. an already establish underground network can save us all !!!

like one commentor wrote, the worse never may come but imagine how comfortable we would all feel if something was established to get the ball rolling.. it wouldn't feel or be so chaotic b/c we'd have a plan. we all know "disaster plans" or "evacuation" plans created by our elected officials are mostly garbage. If for instance Indian Point just above NYC blew or had a meltdown, those plans would NEVER be followed it wold be so chaotic everyone rushing to the roads to drive out of town.. so plans created by the public i think are far more reaching than by elected officials who we mostly can not trust..

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
an interesting site indeed, food for thought! it covers things such as disposal of dead bodies, both animals and humans...

Reconstruction Network

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gaia.chi.au

Sorry to take so long and reply back. I was unable to find this thread that I posted in trying to start some "underground network" if the worse every did happen - a collapse of our economy, country, some disaster, etc... Something that can be in place for all of us to work together if the end did come.. But the thread got lost in the thousands of posts made everyday. Well, I just figured out how to find it in my "subscriptions" area within "tools". It wasn't easy and I basically found it by accident. Seems ATS is always improving and changing around the format or template design of the site. which is fine with me..

None the less.. Thanks for that link.. "Reconstruction Network". I'm going to check it out now.. All the best my friends!!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
***REMINDER***
TERMS AND CONDITONS OF USE:

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

iii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to solicit members of the Websites on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with TAN. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Closed pending staff review.

top topics

join