It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reactor #2 At Fukushima Detonates (third reactor explosion...now fourth!)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
"neutron radiation has been detected at reactor 3".....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
So... time to think out of the box.

I am looking at the beach and continental shelf at fukushima daiichi on Google Earth.

And I am thinking a sufficiently motivated military could solve this problem by kicking the whole complex into deep water-

And pollute the ocean? Like 4 (Six to come?) nuke subs gone bad?

Let's hear all your out of the box ideas.

How would you propose dropping a massive, burning structure into the sea (intact). Any collapse of the sea shelf would result in a massive radioactive plume to be released into the air!
Kind of like cutting off your arm to cure a bee sting..

It would be much safer to pump cement and graphite into the reactor.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well i guess we know for sure that all goverments read from the same play book, i just can't see a good outcome here.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Just get the japanese off that island! They arent muslims .. Let them,come to the usa.
edit on 14-3-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
So... time to think out of the box.

I am looking at the beach and continental shelf at fukushima daiichi on Google Earth.

And I am thinking a sufficiently motivated military could solve this problem by kicking the whole complex into deep water-

And pollute the ocean? Like 4 (Six to come?) nuke subs gone bad?

Let's hear all your out of the box ideas.

Send in Chuck Norris? Sorry for the dark humor, but I'm just flabbergasted at all of this. It MAY take a superhero to fix this mess.

link   

Originally posted by Konah
reply to post by harrytuttle

All he had said was that readings were previously being stated as micro- but should in actuality be millisieverts - so I would assume the number of 8k+ would still be correct, just the units were wrong. Then, as others have mentioned, reactor 4 is also leaking radiation.

Yeah - I just heard them say that - this is a HUGE mistake by the government/news agencies to give out bad information like that.

They make it sound somewhat safe, when in fact it's certain death if you are near the reactor. THIS is exactly why I don't trust what the MSM/Government says.

link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by For(Home)Country

Originally posted by Konah
Radiation levels were incorrectly released as microsieverts. They were just confirmed to be millisieverts.

Yup, Japanese Prime Minister just confirmed this. He said radiation levels were hazardous to human health near the nuclear plants.

Did he provide a number with that? Earlier I posted it was 8,217 milli-Sieverts (8.2 SV), but the kyodo news website actually said 8,217 micro-Sieverts (0.0082 SV).

If it's actually milli-Sierverts then I will update my post and get the right information out.

He clarified that it was milli, not micro.

just verified.

www.livestation.com...

8 siervert is very deadly.

en.wikipedia.org...

The remaining 50 people are heroes.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Deathstarr54054 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
1200 MILIsieverts being produced from all 4 reactors. Holy Sh!t! 450 from 4 alone.....
edit on 14-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Small tactical nuke. The place is already devastated and Japan has recovered twice from Nuclear weapons before (although used in anger than saving the entire population.) In a nanosecond all the material in this plant would be vapourised and, timed right, they can cloud-seed the fall-out in the pacific (again nukes were used in pacific tests with fall-out.)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Fire also being reported in reactor number 4,I think it is time for them to shut down those plants and get the heck out of there,i don't think they can get this in control in time before alot of people start getting sick

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Jesus... thats insane

second

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
CREATE A SPLIT FROM SHORELINE TOO REACTOR

That's what I'm thinking- correct application of high explosives to dump it off the continental shelf...

It would be much safer to pump cement and graphite into the reactor.

That sounds good, too Clay2Baraka, problem is getting someone to drive the tractors--- Soviet Union exposed about 800,000 Liquidators to radiation to kill ONE reactor...
edit on 14-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
1200 MILIsieverts being produced from all 4 reactors. Holy Sh!t! 450 from 4 alone.....
edit on 14-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

Source please?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

High-energy neutrons can travel great distances in air and typically require hydrogen rich shielding, such as concrete or water, to block them. A common source of neutron radiation occurs inside a nuclear reactor, where many feet of water is used as effective shielding.

A little scary....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I just thought of something. How is a nuclear power plant accident any worse than a nuclear explosion? Is it the types of radiation released, or the duration of exposure? They began rebuilding Hiroshima and Nagasaki almost immediately, and yes I'm aware of the increase in leukemia and birth defects, but as a society they WERE able to live with it.

Both events are obviously horrifying, but I'm just curious to understand the difference.
edit on 3/14/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Doing what you say would creat a massive radioactive plume. This is not, I repeat, not a nuke sub gone bad, this is far worse.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Source please.

link   
reply to post by OldCorp

They were hydro bombs, not nukes.

link   

Originally posted by AtruthGuy
Just get the japanese off that island! They arent muslims .. Let them,come to the usa.
edit on 14-3-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

Wow, that's pretty sick and bigoted!

link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

The interior minister said it live on HNK.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join