It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reactor #2 At Fukushima Detonates (third reactor explosion...now fourth!)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
'Russia Today' is reporting on tv now that radiation levels are rising outside Fukushima complex, and they have emergency services on high alert in Russia's far east.

RT are known for fear mongering, so take it with a grain of salt

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by Konah
Radiation levels were incorrectly released as microsieverts. They were just confirmed to be millisieverts.

Do you have a link for the source of your information?

Thanks!

Live here

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Live: Japanese PM and Cabinet Member Speaks

It's all live right now, most likely will be up soon as a recorded vid.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country

Radiation levels were incorrectly released as microsieverts. They were just confirmed to be millisieverts.

Yup, Japanese Prime Minister just confirmed this. He said radiation levels were hazardous to human health near the nuclear plants.

Did he provide a number with that? Earlier I posted it was 8,217 milli-Sieverts (8.2 SV), but the kyodo news website actually said 8,217 micro-Sieverts (0.0082 SV).

If it's actually milli-Sierverts then I will update my post and get the right information out.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
According to the Japanese PM, one of the reactors is emitting 100 mSv. For reference:

4 mSv The average annual radiation dose for South Africans caused by indoor radon, X-ray examinations, etc

100 mSv The highest permitted dose for a radiation worker over a period of five years

1000 mSv The dose which may cause symptoms of a radiation sickness (e.g. tiredness and nausea) if received within 24 hours

www.radwaste.co.za...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
so reading between the lines, if they are saying things are bad that must mean they are really bad.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by For(Home)Country

Yup, Japanese Prime Minister just confirmed this. He said radiation levels were hazardous to human health near the nuclear plants.

Did he provide a number with that? Earlier I posted it was 8,217 milli-Sieverts (8.2 SV), but the kyodo news website actually said 8,217 micro-Sieverts (0.0082 SV).

If it's actually milli-Sierverts then I will update my post and get the right information out.

He clarified that it was milli, not micro.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

You forgot "the further you are from the plants you are" part of that statement Mr. All people at 30km from the plant are asked to stay in doors. Minimal you say?
edit on 14-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

link   
Government just stated a high possibility that containment vessel in reactor 2 has been compromised. Also just stated again that number 4 reactor is on fire, and they are working to put it out.

NHK

link   

Originally posted by diamonddave
so reading between the lines, if they are saying things are bad that must mean they are really bad.

The way they are talking on the live feed right now, things are bad and they could get a whole lot worse!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

All he had said was that readings were previously being stated as micro- but should in actuality be millisieverts - so I would assume the number of 8k+ would still be correct, just the units were wrong. Then, as others have mentioned, reactor 4 is also leaking radiation.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So... time to think out of the box.

I am looking at the beach and continental shelf at fukushima daiichi on Google Earth.

And I am thinking a sufficiently motivated military could solve this problem by kicking the whole complex into deep water-

And pollute the ocean? Like 4 (Six to come?) nuke subs gone bad?

Let's hear all your out of the box ideas.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This guy is a comedian - making it sound like a fire at a nuclear reactor is no big deal

They are so full of rubbish - they need to start telling it like it is

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Honestly, I think the reactors in the state they are in now, hitting water, would be very very very bad!

link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
reply to post by OldCorp

You forgot "the further you are from the plants you are" part of that statement Mr. All people at 30km from the plant are asked to stay in doors. Minimal you say?
edit on 14-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

You're right. My brain is about to explode.

link   

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
A little bad news Stateside: We've Got 23 Copies of the Fukushima Reactors- In The US

Yes, maybe, but there is nothing wrong with the actual system, it seems more of an issue were they are placed... like near the coast, on low ground, facing the ocean were there runs a major fault line close by.
To top that off, the back up system is also placed in close proximity, putting it in the same danger as the reactors from Tsunami's.

I'm no expert, but that makes absolutely no sense to me.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join