Reactor #2 At Fukushima Detonates (third reactor explosion...now fourth!)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

I Salute You Sir. and all of Your Fellows. God Bless and Thank-You.

Thats two at 7.1 tons now be carefull with weight,, compression not good, drives nuetrons closer, be carefull with weight calculations. 2 on 3
1 on four

Man he Bulls-Eyed that,, WOW.
edit on 16-3-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Yep, Bob... CH-47's getting over target now...

NHK

USAF 320th Special Tactics Squadron is now boots-on-the-ground at Sendai Airport...
edit on 16-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Loosing the NHK feed is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the most critical period, aaaaaaaaaarrggggggggggggg

%buffer,,56% please be patient,,,,,,, lol just not right

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The whole world is watching-

Good thing they got buku bandwidth... gotta get some fixed-wing assets on the water-bomb runs...

Or boot the whole thing into Neptune's Locker... maybe there is a Happy Ending on the way...

No news on reactors 5 and 6 yet?
edit on 16-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
NHK WORLD TV is now 0156UTC is showing that two helos are dumping sea water at several hundred feet AGL. The helos can not hover due to the high radiation.

Looks like they are largely missing the target.

They mentioned that these helos have lead plates bolted to the bottoms to try to protect the crew.

7.5 tons of water is dropped on each drop.

They are still trying to get fire water cannons in position.

Hope there is not a leak in the pool, or they could be fighting a loosing battle.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Hi everyone CNN breaking news, rising pressure in now reactor number 5,this situation is at a critical point now,I don't understand all the conflicting reports coming out of Japan once it says everything is okay now we have another reactor might go>

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Damn, so now they're trying to cool the reactors down by dropping water from planes, if this is their best option things must be pretty bad.

I think it's clear now they won't get this under control, but still I hope for the best.
What I'm wondering is, if all the reactors at the site melt down and explode, how large is the evacuation zone going to have to be? How wide spread will the radiation be? 50km? 100km? 1,000km?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
How the heck is dropping water from a plane going to cool off those reactors,i call that a last ditch effort before they have total meltdown

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

I agree, it looks very desperate indeed...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth

Yes i see no good coming from this at all,and i hear that the US ships are 50 miles off the Japan coast because of the radiation threat,so i guess they really can't go in and help,also i wonder didn't they say they were sending in some US nuclear personnel to help,did they go?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

Jasmine, the US Air Force Special Operations Command is on the ground, and other agencies and assets.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeptepi
NHK WORLD TV is now 0156UTC is showing that two helos are dumping sea water at several hundred feet AGL. The helos can not hover due to the high radiation.

Looks like they are largely missing the target.

Isn't sodium bad for machinery? I realise its better than nothing but why can't they pump fresh water there somehow?

They mentioned that these helos have lead plates bolted to the bottoms to try to protect the crew.

Yeah lead does offer quite a bit of protection from gamma ray radiation but when your flying directly over a radiation source even that may not suffice. Alpha and Beta radiaton can be washed off later and eventually sinks due to gravity so its not much of a concern.

7.5 tons of water is dropped on each drop.

They are still trying to get fire water cannons in position.

Hope there is not a leak in the pool, or they could be fighting a loosing battle.

Maybe they should DIG BENEATH the pools and concrete that area if the containment has been breached that way water can remain in the pools and not need to be replenished constantly. Tunnel boring machines can start about a kilometer or less away and work there way towards the site. Of course as they approach near the site they will need all the protection they can get as the ground will most likely be highely contaminated.

I don't think my idea is crazy at all...and just look at the length the russians went to to concrete the entire site with tons and tons of concrete. If they don't think smart hard work alone will not get the job done and the devastion area will be huge...not just for japan but asia, the pacific ocean...and maybe even the world!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
If their is one thing that "THEY" aren't is slow
they will get their gas soon.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Jackotai you still got those million helicopters???

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Have too start thinking, berlin 60's,,,,,give them time too get runways cleared for the bigboys

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Just to let you know, we have a nephew stationed on board the USS George Washington. They have been told that the base at Yakuska (sp?) is being evacuated. The Navy is definitely leaving Japan. This can not be good news. The only thing we can do is pray.

Shadowkat

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Isn't sodium bad for machinery? I realise its better than nothing but why can't they pump fresh water there somehow?

Yes, Touch a reactor with salt water and it is toast. Those reactors will never be back on-line.

Yeah lead does offer quite a bit of protection from gamma ray radiation but when your flying directly over a radiation source even that may not suffice. Alpha and Beta radiaton can be washed off later and eventually sinks due to gravity so its not much of a concern.

They mentioned that the radiation was too high to let the helos even hover. Also they had to limit the total daily time to 40 mins.

Maybe they should DIG BENEATH the pools and concrete that area if the containment has been breached that way water can remain in the pools and not need to be replenished constantly. Tunnel boring machines can start about a kilometer or less away and work there way towards the site. Of course as they approach near the site they will need all the protection they can get as the ground will most likely be highely contaminated.

Yes, that might work. However time is running out if these pools are dry. Futher, the heat of the spent fuel rods in the pool will boil off after some 7 days. Once there is no water around the the zirconium fuel rods, they will oxidize rapidly. The oxidation has a by-product of releasing hydrogen gas.(explosive, as we have seen) Along with the heat can cause the rods to crack open and spill the pellets of fuel.

At that point, keeping the hot spent fuel cool is more difficult.

Keep in mind that these spent fuel rods usually sit in the pool of curculating treated water for 10 to 20 YEARS before the are cool enough to further process for long term storage(1000's of years)

I don't think my idea is crazy at all...and just look at the length the russians went to to concrete the entire site with tons and tons of concrete. If they don't think smart hard work alone will not get the job done and the devastion area will be huge...not just for japan but asia, the pacific ocean...and maybe even the world!

Yes, This helicopter stunt seems to be clearly an act of desperation. Because they know that if they don't get water in this cooling pool soon, it will get much worse, very quickly!

Please know that somewhere between 300,000 and 500,000 Russian soldiers died preparing for and building the Chernobyl sarcophagus.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
My best wishes to all of us and to all of them, this seems to get worse by the minute, and still, as little hope as might still be had, the notion of change comes to mind!
Lets give all we´ve got people, lets not hold back anything, a smile and a kind word will count as double in troubled times, take the time, make way for a new perspective.

What can they possibly do if no man can withstand the heat and radiation? I´m deeply worried about the ecological impact on our oceans, it has been downplayed and ignored, but if those food chains break, world hunger is at hand, as millions rely on fish for daily nourishment.

It affects us, and will get to us whenever its due.
Lets look at things different, take notice that we haven't got now as much time as we would have liked, but if put in perspective, when have we actually ever controlled anything? those slippery bathtubs are someones 2012 everyday, so no use in worrying much, lets get prepared, lets get ready, because no one can predict exactly what will happen, but alas, we will cross that bridge when we get to it!

CHEERS!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
And on that note of cheers, I say goodnight...

And I volunteer.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here's a nice flyover of the reactor buildings (or what's left of them). Maybe some can see something of importance. It definitely doesn't look favorable since the smoke/steam is coming directly from the area of the SNF pools.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join