It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part of the container of a troubled nuclear reactor appears to be damaged, the Japanese government s

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The west coast better not get evacuated.

The nutjobs, illegal aliens, and hippies are best located very far away from me.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f29d898f3ae1.jpg[/atsimg]

If this was reactor #2 they have a problem.

This was not a hydrogen explosion in the outer building. its too directed.

This is a explosion from the drywell area of the reactor.
That means the secondary containment structure is blown out

Most likely the concrete and steel plug over the reactor is blown off and likely a large amount of damage has been done to the reactor piping.

en.wikipedia.org...:BWR_Mark_I_Containment,_diagram.png

I don’t like to speculate on things before I have all the facts, but from what I’m hearing I think you may be right.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Speculate No i worked around explosives and can see this one came from a enclosed space that was open at the top.
Just looking at the diagram of the interior of there reactor building the only place you would get that shape of blast cloud is from the secondary containment structure. The only weak spot is the cap for removing the fuel rods during maintenance shutdowns
All the force went out of that cap blowing it away.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Thank you for confirming that info as im with you on that picture being more that just the outer metal shell. Japan needs to evacuate their homeland for a while.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

There is a Q & A going on live stream with the Japanese Gov.
Sounds like part of the containment vessel blew off in the blast and all but the employees handling the injection of water to the core have been evacuated.
there telling everyone within a 20 km radios to stay inside and close the windows.

Edit: sorry that was everyone in a 20 km radius must evacuate and 30km to stay indoors
edit on 14-3-2011 by murfdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join