It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widespread Radiation Contamination Concerns - Cover Up In Japan's Nuclear Disaster

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

...oh yes,... I heard that one... watching those you love stumble and fall with brain tumours.. watching them die within weeks ... oh and liver cancers.. watching them turn jaundiced and loose all functions then die ... great.... just a walk in the park..... only someone without a clue about the real world could come out with such a comment..... I HAVE witnessed it, I have sat and watched people I love die from it... have you ??

be advised do yourself a favour... go and visit a cancer ward.. read up on the children of Chernobyl...see the real effects or radiation...

Only people who have not witnessed cancers and effect it has on those we love can come out with a comment like that.... let alone the genetic mutations caused by radiation.

People are going to suffer and die because of this, babies will be born deformed as a direct result.... cancer clusters will dramatically increase. Do NOT show your ignorance and lack of education in denying this..... I can only hope you are lucky enough to not experience this yourself...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cabinda

Yes, all of what you say is true. I am especially sensitve to this as I have lost a close loved one
to cancer not long ago. I witnessed it first hand...so I am very aware.

In the end, I reject much of modern medicine on cancer, very little wisdom there.

How are the good doctors of the world going to deal with medical insanity and pharmaceutical terrorism now? One of the reasons the medical establishment is incapable of responding to the nuclear threat and the spreading contamination from Japan (that is circling around the globe) is that it is an institution that loves to use radioactive iodine, a substance that causes cancer, to treat cancer. Sounds kind of crazy and it is. Many patients are getting a thyroid cancer treatment that kills thyroid tissue, causing harm to other tissues while at the same time actually increasing the potential for thyroid cancer.
www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

its So so sad, people reply here with out a clue about real life. I dearly wish I had not sat and watched those I loved die from cancer... I would have given anything to have spared them the death they endured as sat and watched....I could do nothing.....

I fear for people over in Japan, they are exposed to so radiation and its now its lurking over America and Europe; its awful .. just awful. So many innocents will suffer. awful times....

..what a waste of life

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cabinda

Yes, its tragic. Man has really done it this time, in all of his wisdom he has been made foolish,
and reduced to rubble, destined now for centuries of suffering.

I have decided, there is no such thing as safe nuclear fuel.

Coal may be dirty, but its nothing compared to this!

We must survive, draw in inner strength of spirit to carry on.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Radiation Readings in Fukushima Reactor Rise to Highest Since Crisis Began

Radiation readings at Japan’s Fukushima Dai-Ichi station rose to the highest since an earthquake and tsunami knocked out cooling systems impeding efforts to contain the worst nuclear crisis since Chernobyl.

Two robots sent into the reactor No. 1 building at the plant yesterday took readings as high as 1,120 millisierverts of radiation per hour, Junichi Matsumoto, a general manager at Tokyo Electric Power Co., said today. That’s more than four times the annual dose permitted to nuclear workers at the stricken plant. www.bloomberg.com...

“Tepco must figure out the source of high radiation,” said Hironobu Unesaki, a nuclear engineering professor at Kyoto University. “If it’s from contaminated water leaking from inside the reactor, Tepco’s so-called water tomb may be jeopardized because flooding the containment vessel will result in more radiation in the building.” www.bloomberg.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Its not over...despite the lack of reporting on Mainstream News....

[Size=4] - Radiation Outside Damaged Japanese Reactor In Soil Cesium-137 of 380,000 Bq per one kg of earth was detected in Yamata, Futaba

Radiation caused by the accident at the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant of Japan still remains a serious problem. The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan on April 25 published the results of the analysis of the contamination of atmosphere and soil in a place about 4 km northwest of the nuclear power plant.

According to it, iodine-131 of 310 Bq per one cubic meter was detected in the atmosphere in Maeda, Futaba chon and this is more than 62 times the radiation limit in ordinary times at the power plant. Cesium-137 of 380,000 Bq per one kg of earth was detected in Yamata, Futaba chon.

As high concentration of radioactive substance is still detected in Futaba chon near the power plant, the Jiji Press reported that radioactive substance is believed to have ceaselessly leaked from the power plant.
www.kcna.co.jp...

edit on 28-4-2011 by burntheships because: corrected article date and content

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

HEALTH:
Fukushima, Chernobyl Raise Questions about WHO's Role

by Gustavo Capdevila

ipsnews.net/newsTVE.asp?idnews=55403

GENEVA, Apr 27 (IPS) - The nuclear disaster in Fukushima, Japan and the 25th anniversary of the catastrophe in the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in Ukraine have thrown into relief contradictions in the role played by the World Health Organisation, which civil society organisations have spent years pointing out.

An international coalition of NGOs, IndependentWHO, says the multilateral agency has never shown independence in its decisions or actions, in terms of living up to its mandate of protecting the victims of radioactive contamination.

The groups blame the WHO's alleged inactivity in this area on an agreement it signed in 1959 with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), an independent United Nations organisation founded to promote "safe, secure and peaceful nuclear technologies."

The coalition of NGOs states that the agreement makes the WHO "subservient" to the IAEA and prevents the U.N. health agency from "taking any initiative or action to achieve its objectives: the preservation and the improvement of health."

The WHO should break off "that incestuous relationship" with the IAEA, Russian-born Swiss journalist Wladimir Tchertkoff, who has produced seven television documentaries on Chernobyl, told IPS.

But the relationship between the two agencies is unequal, because the IAEA depends on the U.N. Security Council, while the WHO answers to the lower-ranking Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).

In the May 1959 agreement, the two agencies agreed to work in close cooperation and consult each other whenever either of the two plans to undertake a programme or activity in an area in which the other has a substantial interest. It also establishes restrictions to safeguard the confidentiality of certain documents.

In that framework, "the nuclear lobby has managed to get the WHO to renounce taking care of the victims of nuclear disasters," said Swiss academic Jean Ziegler, currently vice president of the U.N. Human Rights Council's Advisory Committee.

(...)

edit on 28-4-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join