It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widespread Radiation Contamination Concerns - Cover Up In Japan's Nuclear Disaster

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Some experts disagreed, notably pointing to the west-east jet stream, but NRC -- which was asked by Japan on Monday to send nuclear experts to deal with the crisis -- said even the Pacific island state of Hawaii faced little risk.

"Right now it's quite possible that there could be some radiation floating over the United States. But we don't think that it would be particularly harmful... even in a worst case scenario," spokesman David McIntyre told AFP....

Harvey Wasserman, a senior adviser to environmental group Greenpeace added that after Chernobyl "fallout did hit the jet stream and then the coast of California, thousands of miles away, within 10 days.

"It then carried all the way across the northern tier of the United States," he continued.

www.nuclearpowerdaily.com...

edit on 15-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Right now the winter weather front coming in will bring snow and colder temps but the wind is blowing towards the ocean from China so its going out to sea at the moment. They say weather will not break till the weekend

So it will be cold for the survivors but the radiation is blowing east

errrrr towards us

Winds at Japan Power Plants Should Send Radiation out to Sea
www.accuweather.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
In this thread here: US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

I noted that a Live Stream of a Geiger Counter in Tokyo, Japan was working 1-2 hours ago... has since gone "offline"

Ok this seems very strange and worth noting.

This website... usstream.tv: Live Feed - Tokyo, Japan Geiger Counter has been showing the radiation levels in Tokyo on a live feed.

It was working a few hours ago. I just checked on it and guess what?

Now it is "OFF AIR".

Weird because the website loads, so its not "over-loaded" by web traffic. Just "offline"
Is it part of a Conspiracy? Anyone can translate the Japanese on that webpage for us?

edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: wrong paste

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
I noted that a Live Stream of a Geiger Counter in Tokyo, Japan was working 1-2 hours ago... has since gone "offline"

Rotating power shut offs were started a few hours ago... I would look at that first

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Hmmm....well hopefully as Zorgon mentioned, its rotating power outages.
Look for them to come back on line...hopefully.

Its strange though as it would be in the afternoon over there, yes?

edit on 15-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
www.iris.edu...

Good news is aftershocks are getting smaller and much further apart

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Bad news...

Expert now on live saying #2 was the worst as there is a containment breach. #1 was just a hydrogen explosion and #3 is exposing the spent fuel. #4 was shut down a month ago but still has spent fuel.

Okay he just stated that #5 and #6 are also in danger as cooling has failed there as well and they are watching that This is the first time I heard #5 and #6 mentioned

www.livestation.com...

Report cycles...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
duplicate
edit on 15-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Really bad connection problems here down under even TV jumping all over the place - could there be satalite problems of some sort - I haven't a clue about these things but have experienced probs all day.
How far reaching is this?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Hey all.

Check out the birds-eye-view of Reactor #3 in the following photo (about 1/3rd way down)

www.watoday.com.au/environment/radiation-levels-rise-in-tokyo-as-nuclear-crisis-deepens-20110315-1buq7.html

Now check out the birds-eye-view of Chernobyl:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Chernobyl_burning-aerial_view_of_core.jpg

Look at the radiation cloud pouring out of them! How can they say so boldly this was not a core meltdown (coupled with the video footage of the blast).

Also all the government officials are wearing blue jumpsuits during interviews. If nothing is wrong then why are they wearing protective clothing?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
its sick twisted and pathetic whats going on, japan have outright lied through their teeth about this

i hope and pray the worst doesnt happen

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
another one
and then there`s the big one, the 7 one which is excpected as an aftershock any time soon

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
Really bad connection problems here down under even TV jumping all over the place - could there be satalite problems of some sort - I haven't a clue about these things but have experienced probs all day.

me too i thought i was the only one
where are you located

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truthof2012
its sick twisted and pathetic whats going on, japan have outright lied through their teeth about this

i hope and pray the worst doesnt happen

Not only that but it's like they are not doing anything at all, multiple reactors magicly pop up with problems over night.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

well if 4 nuclear reactors meltdown,
it will affect the entire globe in one
form or another and some more
than others. IMO

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I've been watching that tokyo live feed on and off and noticed something. When I checked about an hour ago it was registering around 30. Now it's back down around 17. Are fluctuations like this normal? I have no knowledge of Geiger counters other than a basic understanding of what it does.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Godlike Productions member yp0c4t has produced a wealth of info to help folks survive the incomming radiation clouds...:

**** JAPAN NUCLEAR DISASTER - FALLOUT INFO - LIVE RADIATION MAPS - REMEDIES **** UPDATE #34 ****

Some highlights brought out in the post were:

Betadine or even Iodine painted onto the skin-if one can not rapidly access KI (potassium iodide)

greens and green algae
those a radio-protectants for cesium and other radiation, too, but specifically cesium -137
kelp is for strontium. but it would not hurt to take that, also.
spirulina powder
chlorella powder
cabbage
alfalfa powder
barley greens powder
these are the best ones
bananas, molasses, and kelp will get you your iodine and your potassium
cesium depletes potassium in the body
the good thing about the green powders and kelp powder is you can also put some in your pet's foods, dogs and cats. check the proper dosages for pets.
wheatgrass, also. they love it. especially fresh.
a tad of molasses can also be mixed into their food for potassium

When the winds from Japan reach you, stay indoors for a week or two if you can afford it, and you may avoid serious trouble, including cancer. And PLEASE don't rely on mass media or governments to tell you the truth. do not assume the air is clear.

We have 7-14 days before this hits north america. Prepare yourselves accordingly. Stock plenty of water and canned food in the top floor of your house.

A good suggestion would be to purchase as much lead as you can and build yourself a safe room. Seal it as best as possible and prepare yourself to stay inside for a few days. If it rains next week, don't go out in it whatever you do!

NOTE: A readily available substitute for lead are tv and pc monitor picture tubes. these items, known as cathode ray tubes, are loaded with lead... If you have access to a large amount of these take and pulverize the glass as best you can ,wearing heavy leather gloves and a particulate rated dust mask or respirator (do not breath in the leaded, phosphor enriched silica dust!). mix a heavy concentration of material with plastic cement and create 1/2 inch slabs of material rich concrete, probably in 10' x 5' segments, and use them as walls, cielings, covers, etc. to seal a leaded room with this stuff, mix with vasoline and heavily coat one side of cotton cloth, apply to breech location.

And as an ultimate must in a worse case scenrio:

IF both nuclear plants go, there is ONLY ONE way to save yourself.

Get as far north of the jet stream, or south of the equator. If mass amounts of fallout are coming across the pacific. Remember there is no barrier, the winds will fly high over the Rockies, as they always do. You'll know by Monday what to do.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Yes they are normal ...normal level is 12-13 so radiation is increased a little bit ..scary stuff is above 140
edit on 15-3-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Yes they are normal ...normal level is 12-13 so radiation is increased a little bit ..scary stuff is above 40

Radiation 86 in Denver now

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

This is some radiation source who is not from Japan 100% ...this is something close to that geiger counter

now is 56
edit on 15-3-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join