It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widespread Radiation Contamination Concerns - Cover Up In Japan's Nuclear Disaster

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If we could reallly count on the Governments to truthfully inform us of real dangers- we wouldn't
have to be so studious and vigilant.

However, given the government's penchant to cover up of the severity of the recent BP oil disaster, the health risk to Responders and Citizens of New York after 9/11 - Not to mention Chernoybl...
We will have to educate ourselves, empowered with our own resources.

In this information age, it is our duty to research, and Deny Ignorance.

And let me take this moment to say - My heart goes out to Japan, and its people.
My prayers are with them, and I hope the best for them, and that the Govenments act in the
peoples best interests.

So, with that in mind, here is a compilation of research that exposes a cover up underway.

Nuclear Expert John Large implicates a lack of radiation readings; and other discrepencies that
follow the pattern of secrecy employed after other major accidents such as Chernobyl.

The Chernobyl cover -up documented in Zorgons Thread

Nuclear experts have thrown doubt on the accuracy of official information
issued about the Fukushima nuclear accident, saying that it followed a pattern of secrecy and cover-ups employed in other nuclear accidents. "It's impossible to get any radiation readings," said John Large, an independent nuclear engineer who has worked for the UK government and been commissioned to report on the accident
www.guardian.co.uk...

Large further explains:

They are certain to have readings but we are being told nothing." He said a radiation release was suspected "but at the moment it is impossible to know. It was the same at Chernobyl, where they said there was a bit of a problem and only later did the full extent emerge."

Nuclear expert John Large speaks more about the discrepencies in evacuations:

www.youtube.com...=54

Further, he questions the explanation given on the No. 3 explosion.

“EXPERT DOUBTS GOVERNMENT­...

www.youtube.com...

Nuclear expert John Large today questioned Fukushima'­s '4' status, telling The First Post: "We're not getting the informatio­n out of the government but I would say this is a significan­t nuclear event. You don't blow the top off a building and say it's not."

Japanese Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said today that there was the possibilit­y of an explosion at the No 3 reactor but he was confident the steel containing vessel around the core of the reactor would withstand the blast – as it did when No 1 reactor blew up on Saturday.
Large said he found this hard to believe.

The "jellyfish­" shape of Saturday's explosion and the decision to vent the reactor's secondary containmen­t – releasing radioactiv­e vapour and necessitat­ing the evacuation of local people – all suggest fuel rods had melted and leaked from the primary containmen­t.” Source

A large scale cover-up of the extent and severity of Japan’s multiple nuclear meltdowns is now underway, according to Yoichi Shimatsu, the former editor of the Japan Times Weekly. Mr. Shimatsu appeared on CCTV, China’s state-run television network.

"The worst case scenario is that the fuel rods fuse together, the temperatures get so hot that they melt together in a radioactive molten mass that bursts through the containment mechmisms and is exposed to the outside. So they spew radioactivity in the ground, into the air, into the water.

www.youtube.com...

Inside the plant, according to industry executives and American experts who received briefings over the weekend, there was deep concern that spent nuclear fuel that was kept in a “cooling pond” inside one of the plants had been exposed and begun letting off potentially deadly gamma radiation. Then water levels inside the reactor cores began to fall. While estimates vary, several officials and industry experts said Sunday that the top four to nine feet of the nuclear fuel in the core and control rods appear to have been exposed to the air — a condition that that can quickly lead to melting, and ultimately to full meltdown.
www.nytimes.com...

The U.S. 7th Fleet has temporarily repositioned its ships and aircraft away from Japan’s Fukushima Dai-Ichi Nuclear Power Plant after detecting low-level contamination in the air and on its aircraft operating in the area.

The source of this airborne radioactivity is a radioactive plume released from the power plant, officials said.
www.defense.gov...

The detection of the highly radioactive elements cesium-137 and iodine-131 outside the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant heralds the beginning of an ecological and human tragedy. The open question is whether it will be limited, serious or catastrophic.

The two radioactive isotopes can mean only one thing: One or more of the reactor cores is badly damaged
www.cleveland.com...

Gamma Radiation In Fukushima-Downwind Ibaraki Disclosed, 30 Times Above Normal

For all who have been looking for realtime radiation data from Japan, you are in luck. Or maybe not, as the data unfortunately indicates nothing good. The System for Prediction of Environment Emergency Dose Information (SPEEDI)...And the data is stunning: based on a N, NE and NNE wind direction (where it originates), meaning all coming from Fukushima, with a normal reading in the 80 nGy/h range, the city of Kounosu Naka is at 3,024, Kadobe Naka is at 2,416, Isobe Hitachioota is at 1,213 and many others are in the mid to upper triple digit range! Again, this is based on wind coming out of Fukushima and ultimately headed toward the capital. Indicatively, normal terrestrial plus cosmic gamma radiation is about 80 nGy/h.
www.zerohedge.com...

As Mr. John Large so well pointed out, the readings are intentionally being withheld.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27dbef353af8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/184fdd40ffb5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bda492b565c8.jpg[/atsimg]
www.zerohedge.com...

edit on 14-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
absolutely excellent thread BTS !!!
very impressed with the research

kudos, star & flag

it won't be no time til the trolls
come along and put a damper
on the facts and call it disinfo
or fear-mongering.
That's exactly what they would
have done if I had created the
thread. I wish you better luck

boon

edit on 3/14/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A lot of people have been downplaying this and brushing it off. I wonder how much the Japanese government is panicking while they maintain the public posture of cool control. Seems that radiation levels are high enough to suggest that there's a leak and the fuel has had prolonged exposure to air. I wonder how much more melting the rods (glob/pool) of nuclear material would endure before the radiation is bad enough to affect us severely in North America?
edit on 14-3-2011 by OrganicAnagram33 because: Duplicate word

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
TOKYO (AFP) - Part of the container of a troubled nuclear reactor appears to be damaged, the Japanese government said early Tuesday, indicating possible serious radication leaks.

www.afp.com...

Yep, just found this on another thread that was just posted.

Oh, and apparently an explosion has occurred at reactor No.2

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Boon, thats ok...you'll be back.

Let them follow you, eventually they will learn from us whether they like it or not.

And its a lesson for all of us in the making.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

Thank you for your input. I was not able to find that story at your link...
However, this appears to be the same story. Yes?

Part of the container of a troubled nuclear reactor appears to be damaged, the Japanese government said early Tuesday, indicating possible serious radiation leaks.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano told reporters that "damage appears on the suppression pool" -- the bottom part of the container, which contains water used to cool down the reactor and control air pressure inside.

www.abs-cbnnews.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

The AFP headline was just on the ticker at the top of the page, I wasn't sure if there was an article on it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
So is there any way to make projections on what the fallout would be over the us and at what rate over time. I read some news that stated that they have celenium & plutonium as well. What effect would that have on the jetstream and the world?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
What I want to know is,
If they have another huge EQ from the other fault line
which causes another even larger Tsunami.......

What would happen when the Tsunami wipes out Japan carrying all of that radioactive material out into
the ocean???

Not trying to be a fear monger but,
I was just considering the horrible possibility.

What do you guys think??

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

I will attempt to post the most reliable information I have found here in answer.

is an artist's impression of how the jet stream could spread radiation in the future

www.zerohedge.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/010dbb2ac5e1.gif[/atsimg]

The next few days:
www.stormsurfing.com...

AccuWeather calculations:

Calculated time for radioactive particles to cross the Pacific from the power plants in Japan to big West Coast cities if the particles take a direct path and move at a speed of 20 mph:

Cities Est. Distance (miles) Est. Time to Cross Pacific (days)
Anchorage 3,457 ------7
Honolulu 3,847 ------8
Seattle 4,792 ---- 10
Los Angeles 5,477 --- 11
www.accuweather.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83a4205180fd.jpg[/atsimg]

www.zerohedge.com...
But Accuweather meterologists argue that the winds will likely shift in different directions on a frequent basis, making it less likely that the radiation would be blown all of the way to the U.S. As CNN Meterologist Ivan Cabrera says:

www.accuweather.com...
"If radioactive material gets into the jet stream then... we share that with the world."

As all of the experts agree, if a truly huge meltdown occurs, then the odds of radiation reaching the jet stream increase dramatically.

But a more difficult question is whether low-level radioactive release spread over many weeks or months could spread into the jet stream and then the Western United States.

As the New York Times notes:

Experts in Japan and the United States say the country is now facing a cascade of accumulating problems that suggest that radioactive releases of steam from the crippled plants could go on for weeks or even months.
Indeed, Japan's nuclear problems may be spreading.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thank you for the additional information, it shed light on some questions.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Too many threads on this Information is getting lost and its impossible to keep up

www.ustream.tv...

is announcing now building four has a fire. The steam coming from building three is coming from the pool of spent fuel on the top floor that now no longer has a roof and has no way to cool the spent fuel.

Why on earth would they put it above the reactors is beyond me instead of a separate facility...

Evacuation, total, within the 20 km radius and stay indoors in office or home from 20-30 km radius.

for perspective.. 400 milisieverts = 40 rads (more familiar units to Americans. They are also not understanding why the radiation levels fluctuate so much

Lost that feed... still saying it here

www.livestation.com...
edit on 14-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/878b63d2e93e.png[/atsimg]

The status of reactor water level just before the explosion at #2

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a72f314c9818.png[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Okay so they have reported level of 300 and 400 milliesieverts. They are saying 150 milliesieverts will cause temp sterililty in men and 500 milliesieverts well damage white blood sales

Shortage of fuel so stay home and seal the house, dust off clothing and don't bring laundry in from outside

www.livestation.com...

Anyone else having trouble with ATS? I get the feed no interruptions but ATS loggin keeps blinking in and out

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hey BTW, Nice job bringing the issue before those who will listen. This morning I brought light as well to the subject......

Will You Hold The Government Accountable If They Lie About the Radiation Fallout?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I want people to be aware that the Government may not tell you "untill" its too late that such a radioactive plume is coming. And if they do will you hold them accountable?

Unlike the BP event, we do have the capability to test for radiation exposure and not have to rely on the Gov.........

We have a 19 year old son attending college in Santa Cruz..........All of those living there should have the option of leaving or not...........

I dont desire stars / flags or even comments.........but take a look at the EPA report concerning toxic rain in my OP post......This will give you an idea of how toxic chemicals travel across the Pacific..........and if radiation is in the air over Japan.......we will see it here in the US...........

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yes, I am having trouble here also. Strange flickering in and out, got kicked out
also.

I just saw that they have finally reported this in the mainstream news...finally.

Breaking News

Radiation is spewing from damaged reactors at a crippled nuclear power plant in tsunami-ravaged northeastern Japan in a dramatic escalation of the 4-day-old catastrophe. The prime minister has warned residents to stay inside or risk getting radiation sickness.

In a nationally televised statement, Prime Minister Naoto Kan said radiation has spread from the three reactors of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant in one of the hardest-hit provinces in Friday's 9.0-magnitude earthquake and the ensuing tsunami. He told people living within 19 miles (30 kilometers)

"The level seems very high, and there is still a very high risk of more radiation coming out," Kan said.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Hey BTW, Nice job bringing the issue before those who will listen. This morning I brought light as well to the subject......

Will You Hold The Government Accountable If They Lie About the Radiation Fallout?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I want people to be aware that the Government may not tell you "untill" its too late that such a radioactive plume is coming. And if they do will you hold them accountable?

Flagged, Starred. Thank you, its hard to bring the truth to trusting people, and some just cant handle it.

but take a look at the EPA report concerning toxic rain in my OP post......This will give you an idea of how toxic chemicals travel across the Pacific..........and if radiation is in the air over Japan.......we will see it here in the US...........

Sad, sad. We see that this is so true...all of the sudden radiation is leaking out.

Yeah, all of the sudden.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS: Small amounts of radioactive substances detected in Tokyo

12:37 15 March

english.kyodonews.jp...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Reuters announced explosion in #4 now

Japan says radiation levels rising around plant after explosion

Mar 14, 2011 10:29pm EDT

TOKYO, Japan, March 15 (Reuters) - Radiation levels around quake-stricken nuclear reactors in northeastern Japan are rising but there are no plans to extend the 20-km evacuation zone, the government said on Tuesday.

An explosion at the No. 4 reactor likely caused the new radiation which could rise to levels that may affect health around the reactors.

www.reuters.com...
edit on 14-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Okay so they have reported level of 300 and 400 milliesieverts. They are saying 150 milliesieverts will cause temp sterililty in men and 500 milliesieverts well damage white blood sales

Shortage of fuel so stay home and seal the house, dust off clothing and don't bring laundry in from outside

www.livestation.com...

I just cant imagine this is really happening.

The world has never seen the likes of this, it is unprecedented horror and suffering.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join