It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese death toll could reach tens of thousands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Japanese death toll could reach tens of thousands

www.sify.com

Tokyo, March 14 (DPA) The toll from the earthquake and tsunami in northeastern Japan could run into tens of thousands, officials said late Monday, as rolling blackouts plunged parts of the country into darkness.

Concerns were also rising of a meltdown at two overheating nuclear power plants, after their cooling systems failed.

The number of confirmed dead and missing after the magnitude-9 earthquake and tsunami risen to 5,000, police said, as Prime Minister Naoto Kan said 15,000 people had been rescued so far.

Alone in the town of Onagawa in Miyagi prefecture, one of the areas hardest
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ww w.monstersandcritics.com

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have been following the tragic events of the Japanese eq and tsunami with sadness, and watching the devastation on various you tube and news video's.
The coastline of Japan looks like it has suffered multiple nuclear detonations.
To me it looks extremely unlikely that only 5,000 people will have died, according to press releases from the Japanese government's.
I would not be at all surprised that the final death toll could be as much as one hundred thousand people.
I hope I am wrong , but I don't think so, the damage is just too great to be anything less.

I hope that the people who have lost their lives do not die in vain, and something can be learned from this tragic and horrific nightmare that was this weekend in Japan.

Peace

www.sify.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It probably hundreds of thousands now and may reach higher, depending on what truth is being said about the nuclear. The second blast was a plutonian reactor and that was a mushroom cloud.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
When I made this thread ,I was talking about the the earthquake victims and the Tsunami victims. I didn't really think that the atomic reactors would add any significant numbers to the death toll. That may be is a bit naive considering the events at the reactors.

new topics

top topics

join