It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doom and gloom checklist over the last decade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm not a gloomer or a doomer, I'm a realist as my signature suggests.

When I was growing up I remember a few disasters like the Columbia shuttle disaster, the quakes in Cali and Chernobyl. I don't however ever recall so many crazy things going on all at once. I could be totally wrong and just more aware now than before, although it sure doesn't seem like it.

This is a topic of course that ATS is filled with. The purpose of this thread is more like a checklist. I figured I would start a list off the top of my head to keep track of all the madness in the world over the last decade. Then you can add to it or refute it as you please.

Here's what I got just off the top of my head. (these events aren't necessarily in order)

9/11
London bombings
Spain bombings
Bali bombings
Sumatra massive quake/tsunami
Katrina Hurricane
BP oil spill
Haiti quake
Chile massive quake/tsunami
Greek riots
Sinkholes appearing globally
Iceland Volcano
Russia wildfires ( engulfed major portion of country)
Australia massive flooding
Russian airport bombing
Mass bird/fish die-offs globally
New Zealand quake
ME riots/revolution
Japan massive quake/tsunami

These are strange days indeed.

edit on 14-3-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
seek and you will find. All of these disasters imo could be down to global warming. No no. The planet Niberu. No no. The moon going egocentric. No no. It's Haarp. Wait a minute what were we talking about. You can generate as many disater list as you please but it all boils down to randomness. Just in your list there are so many disparate events that there is no overall cause.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

These are strange days indeed.

Actually all of those things are quite normal. Sadly we can't move to another planet, so why worry anyway?

Mostly we have an information overload. With information traveling at the speed of the Internet it just seems like there are more disasters and major events. In fact the Internet is causing some of it. Look at Saudi Arabia and the Day of Rage. It ended up that those who were going to demonstrate for Democracy stayed home out of fear when they found out the Shi'ite were taking it over to protest for a stronger Sharia based Theocracy, the opposite of Democracy and Freedom.

The animal die offs were happening all along, then one story caught the media's eye and now every single instance is exaggerated at a criminal level as scaring people is profitable.

Now we will have people, or I should say already have people, screaming that these earthquakes are abnormal, ignoring the fact the earth is actually calmer now and that numbers used spanning anything less than millions of years are meaningless to saying what is normal. For instance 50 to 60 Volcano's erupt daily and there is an earthquake about every six seconds but those are averages. When years happen where they do not fit into the averages, it has no hidden meaning. It is still normal.

The way I see it a person can be a victim of their own fears and hide out emotionally or physically, or they can live their lives in spite of the dangers faced by everyone who has ever lived. Some things we can control and worrying about those we can't is I think a definitive mental illness in fact. Add to that those who trade in fear for profit and you get what we see here every day.

Not "strange days" but in fact very normal days.
edit on 3/14/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I'm not worried at all, I just find it interesting. I'll admit to not being on this Earth millions of years or anything, but even growing up there weren't events like this that took place so often, but:

I completely disagree, but to each their own!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yes, it was not that many years ago what is happening in Japan would be a day old story of a couple of paragraphs in the newspaper.

I understood that your being rational, I was speaking in general. Sorry, should have chosen my wording better.

I did not see St. Helens on your list I think.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
You missed:

-Giant red dust storm that covered a huge chunk of australia
-Australias tennis ball ice hail

Both happened in 2010.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Wookiep

edit on 3/14/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)
Blaine,. You have a tendency to think and say all is always normal,.
I am 44
This is not "normal" to me
I have been watching the news for a good part of 25 years
and things are not " Business as Usual"

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Just posting to add the Mississippi "historic" flooding as well as the huge tornado swarms in the Midwest and Eastern U.S.

ETA: oh yeah hmm...should we add this latest volcano in Iceland?
edit on 23-5-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join