It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs That California May Be Next For Quake?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JimmyHotspurs

UK 'shakes' and seismographs

Another 'newbie' from the UK here. This is the link to the British Geological Survey, seismic charts

www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...

I agree there is something not right here too. I live in the NW. On another site I post on somebody from UK asked if anybody had heard a rumbling yesterday (14th). A few jokes were passed backwards and forwards. I then posted this link as I had noticed some movements in certain areas but have no idea how big they are or how deep. He checked out the Stoke area as it's nearest to Cheshire, and as he had experienced at 4.30 movement was recorded. I would ask you to look at Stoke, Swindon and Market Rassen in particular. As of 14th, there seems to have been some sort of time delay put on certain areas. Anyway maybe you or somebody else here can make some sense of size/depth of 'shakes'. Just thought, these three areas also form a triangle as somebody else in this thread mentioned for the Ring of Fire. But then if you have 3 points it's either going to be a straight line or a triangle! Lol!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
OP and others, you are not alone in your thoughts. I think a lot of us are feeling the affects of this quake. I know that I, for one, am having a hard time distinguishing the difference between a reaction and a premonition,because i felt the other quake before it happened.

For those in the Pacific Northwest, you might want to follow my Washington State thread. I have been theorizing and following our siesmic activity there for over a year now and on page 19 I started monitoring several things much more closely in the wake of the Japan quake.

You will find the link in my sig.

As to the bees - a lot of them have been dying lately unfortunately and the clouds are called sun dogs. I have taken several pictures of them myself lately and posted them here. They are not that unusuall, but still some like to say they precede a quake but I am not convinced of that.

The fish....I certainly find that the most suspicous thing. It may or may not be a sign of a release, or it could be something totally unrelated. We need to keep a close eye out for any further reports of odd animal behaviors or deaths.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
I too live in So Calif,everything appears normal here,no animals acting out,everything seems status quo,one dead bee hardly makes an anomoly of sorts

It's not just the one dead bee, that's all I took a picture of....

Read the rest of the post please.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Thanks westcoast.

I have been following your threads very carefully and TrueAmerican and PuterMan as well to see if you guys start chomping at the bit when you see something strange.

I don't think the USGS has the manpower to look at every aspect of quakes since they are usually stuck to the seismos and I feel like you and others add a lot of weight to scientific observation. I appreciate the work you've done, so please keep it up!

I think a lot of people are afraid to really express how they are feeling and what they are seeing.... basic peer pressure and afraid of being ridiculed. I don't operate that way and it's helpful to know that there are many other people besides myself that are observing and feeling changes happening around them at an alarming rate.

I am not trying to be prophetic... but I feel like the worst is not yet over and that between now and the 29th is a window for things to happen. I guess time will tell.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrius
Chile. NZ. Japan. Three corners of the Pacific Ocean plate. California, almost certainly, seems next. How bad, and when, is anybody's guess.

Very interesting observation... I had not considered that at all, but looking at the plate, you are right!!!

It's either 1 of those 3 places gets hit again, or California / west coast is next! Could also be Alaska, but I doubt it.

Thanks for sharing that!

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

if your husky is digging through the fence, along with electronic malfunctions (more than the norm), id keep my ears up. Dogs are pretty in tune with mama gaia. be careful, & remember that life is just a ride.

~namaste

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

My wife and I noticed those rainbow colored clouds a few times. Once when we were in New Orleans and twice when we were in Houston. Each time it took place around sunset and was VERY vibrant. It trips me out due to the fact that nobody has been able to explain it to me.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I fear for you Americans, not because of impending destruction, but because you seem to have no grasp of geography at all.
I read your OP and only got as far as the "To compare, Christchurch, New Zealand quake was on 2/22/2011 and a day or two earlier, 107 whales were found beached and dead not far from there - SOURCE. " bit (underline mine)
Stewart island is 340 miles from Christchurch, I'd hardly call that "near by"
Also in the linked article is
"Mass strandings are common on the country's rugged coast. Earlier this month, 14 died after beaching near the South Island tourist city of Nelson and 24 perished last month near Cape Reinga in the country's far north"

I didn't read the rest because you obviously haven't researched any of your sources apart from reading the headlines.

You are probably right though , California could be next ................. are you ready

Then again Turkey could be next.

Turkey is near China (sort of)

edit on 14-3-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
if an earthquake hit what will be the social economic geopolitical effect? I wouldn't see the kindness the Japanese have in their place(less looting)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I live in the Northern foothills of Los Angeles and I have seen plenty of dead bees around my area. I smoke, so I frequently go outside, and for the last few months I've seen more than just bees. Moths too, I'd say as many moths as bees. Clouds tonight are the "chemtrailed" ones as usual, patchy with a few open spots to see more planes spraying. We've had snow twice this year, which we NEVER see here. I can go on and on about the anomalies...Point is I've definitely felt that we're due for the big one, but this whole Japan disaster is really sealing the deal for me. I wish I could I just get out of dodge for a while but thats impractical for me right now (family). Let's just hope when we do get big one we don't have a Nuclear Emergency.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I too live in the Pacific Northwest. Kitsap county to be exact. Thursday night my wife was driving home and called me to chat (yes hands-free!). Anyway she commented that it was raining heavily (not a big shocker for this part of the woods) and there were dozens of frogs on the road. That it very strange for this time of year since the ambient temperture was hovering around 40 degrees(f).

My dogs have been acting strange for days... They are very even tempered normally. The wordsSan Juan De Fuca keep popping up in my head. I hope and pray that everyone listens to the earth around them and pays attention to their own intution...

I am not trying to spead panic or fear monger. I am just telling you my own experiences.

Thanks Westcoast for all of the good info. My other house is close to St.Helens in Vancouver, WA. so I am paying close attention to the info you are reporting.

Peace,Love and Safety to all of my Brothers and Sisters in Japan.
RED

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzy
I fear for you Americans, not because of impending destruction, but because you seem to have no grasp of geography at all.
I read your OP and only got as far as the "To compare, Christchurch, New Zealand quake was on 2/22/2011 and a day or two earlier, 107 whales were found beached and dead not far from there - SOURCE. " bit (underline mine)
Also in the linked article is
"Mass strandings are common on the country's rugged coast. Earlier this month, 14 died after beaching near the South Island tourist city of Nelson and 24 perished last month near Cape Reinga in the country's far north"

I didn't read the rest because you obviously haven't researched any of your sources apart from reading the headlines.

You are probably right though , California could be next ................. are you ready

edit on 14-3-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

Globally 340 Kms is pretty close for "geography" on global scale...although compared to your drive to work, or walk to the fridge its pretty far agreed.

14+24=38 107 is almost 300% increase.....maybe get out your mental ruler and get a bit of perspective...the OP is open minded enough...not unlike the apple falling from the tree, this time its the bee...he is thinking outside of the box....PS THE EARTH IS NOT FLAT...

edit on 14-3-2011 by Drala because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
What does it matter where the next one might hit? Why worry so much about what you (in general) can't control?

The only thing you can do is Be prepared. Stock up and don't expect government to swing in and save you. In the meantime enjoy life as much as possible.

And even if someone could predict one, what good is it. Many won't believe it. Others will be fighting to get out of the way. Mass chaos and confusion everywhere.

I remember when they evacuated Houston because of Rita. Rita missed Houston and those who left Houston toward East Texas ended up facing the storm. Predictions aren't perfect.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I just wanted to point out the the one bee reminded the OP of his wife's experience with the thousands of bees that fell from the sky, some hitting her car.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I've been watching the USGS earthquake system ever since the Japan episode started. I have seen a definite increase in earthquake activity since then, so I would not be surprised at all if there was a big quake. And I think the fish dying would signify, in my opinion, increased activity on the sea floor that is releasing gases into the ocean. I hope everything stays fine in Cali, I've got some friends there

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I've been watching this site for the past couple of days:

hisz.rsoe.hu...#

Several 2.x shakes in Alaska, continous 5.x in Japan. Just recently started showing 2.x shakes in Christchurch.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I am 100% convinced there will be an earthquake on the West Coast & down into Mexico.
I feel it in my gut. Have been saying it to my partner for the last week.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

Well thanks for reading the entire post, I appreciate your sarcasm and lack of courtesy. I'll make sure to only read the first sentence or two of your posts and reply with total sarcasm and condescension.

Redondo Beach is where the dead fish showed up in California, and it's hundreds of miles from me. What's your point? 340 miles is not that far when you are referring to tectonics and fault lines so I think this is irrelevant and you are using a strawman argument to take the attention away from the main subject that I posted about, which is whether or not anyone else is observing the same things happening.

Also in the linked article is "Mass strandings are common on the country's rugged coast. Earlier this month, 14 died after beaching near the South Island tourist city of Nelson and 24 perished last month near Cape Reinga in the country's far north"

Wow, thanks for pointing that out! Because not only am I bad at geography, but I must be bad at math too... Is it just me, or is there a pretty big difference between 14, 24, and 107? Also, how do you know those previous times weren't for similar reasons such as possible tectonic activity or the release of gas into the water along a fault line where those animals were dwelling? I didn't read anything in the source that said that any cause could be determined. I'd like to see your proof of said facts since that is what you seem to be disputing in my OP and source (while not looking at any of the other sources).

Again, thanks for the courtesy and consideration. I did my research and presented the facts around it, did you? Besides your geography lesson for all of us dumb Americans, what have you offered to the topic? You admit that you don't even read a post before you reply to it? Nice... great way to do your own critical thinking. You'll be a favorite here at ATS.

I certainly am.

[begin sarcasm]Thanks for your concern.[end sarcasm]

So is New Zealand... but what does China have to do with anything???
(unless you meant Japan?)

Talk about needing a geography lesson.

Try reading my entire post next time.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzy

As an American who has studied in NZ, I can tell you that kiwis have a very different sense of size/proportion.. your Island is very small and cute, driving from coast to coast can be done in an unreasonably short time. The U.S. has almost 10 million square kilometers... so 340 miles is not that far to us, or the majority of the world.
edit on 3/15/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
I live in the Northern foothills of Los Angeles and I have seen plenty of dead bees around my area. I smoke, so I frequently go outside, and for the last few months I've seen more than just bees. Moths too, I'd say as many moths as bees. Clouds tonight are the "chemtrailed" ones as usual, patchy with a few open spots to see more planes spraying. We've had snow twice this year, which we NEVER see here. I can go on and on about the anomalies...Point is I've definitely felt that we're due for the big one, but this whole Japan disaster is really sealing the deal for me. I wish I could I just get out of dodge for a while but thats impractical for me right now (family). Let's just hope when we do get big one we don't have a Nuclear Emergency.

We're both in Cali and observing similar anomalies... there are others too that are saying the same things here on the west coast. That takes things up a notch for me as well.

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate it.

~Namaste

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join