It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin on her way out of Fox News?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Sarah Palin is reportedly on the outs with Roger Ailes

But it turns out the video may have been more than just a political misstep for Palin. Her decision to speak out may have also alienated one of her key patrons, Fox News chief Roger Ailes, who had urged his employee to keep quiet about the debate. "Lie low," Ailes told Palin, according to New York Magazine's Gabriel Sherman. "There's no need to inject yourself into the story." According to Sherman, Ailes wasn't the only one urging the former Alaska governor to stay out of the limelight. She reportedly told Ailes that her attorney, Washington power lawyer Bob Bennett, had told her not to respond.

news.yahoo.com...

Well at first glance it just looks like she angers Mr. Ailes who basically runs Fox News over the "blood libel" thing....but what strikes me the most is that he was giving her "political advice." The fact that they just ended teh contracts for Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum has to make one wonder...

Is Fox News creating it's own news? If they are advising possible Presidential candidates on what to say or do...it would seem so would it not?
edit on 14-3-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Not to big of a deal. Even if she ran in 2012, ( not like she would win anyways) but going up against Ron Paul would certainly end her chances. Since this guy is gaining ground everyday, and is in the headlines weekly, he makes her look like what she really is, a " hockey mom". Who is best suited staying home, and working around the house.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Fox is damned if you do/damned if you don't to some people. If Fox let her on and let her interject herself into every story, people would complain about that.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Is Fox News creating it's own news? If they are advising possible Presidential candidates on what to say or do...it would seem so would it not?

I think with the ruling (a disastrous one!) that "news" outlets don't have to tell the truth...it's pretty clear that they are and have been creating their own "news."

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Fox is dumping ex gov. Palin for two reasons. The biggest one is because even her supporters are bailing on her because you can't rationalize stupidity forever and they are losing interest in watching her. I still find her wildly entertaining and will miss her.

The second reason is that she is about to be hit with a lawsuit that will destroy what little credibility she has left and really hurt Fox reputation as "Fair and Balenced"

and I'm not implying any connection but I thought this was interesting.

theimmoralminority.blogspot.com...
edit on 14-3-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

the guy seems pretty articulate in the video. Not some idiot crazy loon like loughner~

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Sarah Palin is reportedly on the outs with Roger Ailes

The fact that they just ended teh contracts for Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum has to make one wonder...

Maybe make some people here "wonder".

But not anyone who bothered to think it through.

You shouldn't have people working for you as political pundits if they are running for office, or are even thinking about running for office.

Now there's a great example of "fair and balanced" for you.

edit on 3/14/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join