It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover Up Of Fukushima Chain Reaction Underway

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by legalizeit

That's a good point. And where's my flying car? *seriously* A secondary device for this kind of situation my be hard to design for such a wide variety of power plants and their individual characteristics. Then you are dealing with mass of debris. A chunk of containment in your way would be tens of tons. Better make it a full sized mech. I'm not making fun of you or your statement, it is a good point. We did need more developments in disaster mitigation after Chernobyl but we forgot about it when the " Sony Walkman " came out. And our evil masters will by us off slowly with new fancy sh#t and scary bogey-men and we will forget. I just find it funny that when confronted with a problem the average persons first step is to look to technology these days. Tell someone we're running out of oil.."what about this tech or that tech?" It's just an observation I've made about our species behavior lately.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Not sure about a cover up but Sky News is now reporting that they are pouring water into reactors 5 & 6
I thought they were off line. news.sky.com...

At this point the "cover up" is over. Just to be clear, the OP was reguarding the first 48 hours of the emergency and the unreliable information being relayed to us. However we are still not being told the full story. Until we are told just what kind of radioactive isotopes are leaking, we really will have no idea of the threat to life.

I must say I'm shocked at how casualy the media is throwing around doses that equal 1 day, 1 month, 1 year. Its nothing but pure BS!!!!!!! There are many kinds of radiation and all this comparing what been released with the natural radiation of the planet is crazy. A nuclear reactor does not produce the same kinds of radiation and some of the isotopes contained within a reactor are not safe at any levels.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
This is just horrific. This makes the Gulf oil spill look like a minor milk spill. Our news media is just despicable. They focus on Charlie Sheen, and other non-issue garbage news. What ever happened to real reporting and actually getting people to the scene to report? I don't mean to downplay 9/11 but compared to this, 9/11 was nothing yet our news media covered it around the clock, 24/7 for a month straight, with videos and pictures and "experts" and all the disinformation we could stomach. Just because this is "over there" makes it no less important to us. Japan is an ally and this is worthy of extensive coverage.

And to add insult to injury, what did our moron-in-chief talk about last Saturday? Equality for women. Not a word about Japan. I am disgusted with the world in general and our government and TPTB specifically. While humanity is being ruined with chemtrails, "food patents", RFID chips, Frankenstein food (GMO's), pilfering of the financial system, corruption of governments across the globe and unwarranted wars, our media reports on fluff and Hussein talks about women's equality like we're Saudi Arabia or something.

The way the earth was cracking and water was bubbling up, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see a large part of Japan slip into the ocean. It's not talked about but they are having upwards of 25 M5+ earth quakes every day. All of that shaking is going to break something loose.

USGS Earthquakes

But the PTB, including a complicit news media, think we're better off being kept in the dark, just like they presume they can dump chemicals in our sky, poisoning us and our air and block our sun without a second thought. The arrogance of these people alone is enough to send me over the top. I'm just disgusted beyond words with all of it.

I believe that's what Edgar Cayce said in one of his prophecies. That Japan would sink into the sea. Along with the New Madras fault opening up a inland sea in the America's.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
There still seems to be an effort to downplay danger by the Japanese government. Just off live NHK broadcast....

- Radiation has travelled 200 km over 8 hours.
- Levels of radiation is 2x chest x-ray
- Japan radiation expert says exposure will "not immediately harm health"

An x-ray lasts minutes. People will be spending hours, days, weeks in these levels.

HOW IS THIS NOT A CRITICAL EMERGENCY?

WHY ARE THE PEOPLE EXPOSED TO THESE LEVELS NOT BEING EVACUATED?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Two atomic bodies, have said they are seriously concerned,with regards to the Nuclear plantin Japan. British Nationals are being advised to evacute tokyo or Japan.

Flights have been cancelled. Foreigh airlines are cancelling flights to and from Japan. Embassies are being closed, and are being moved.

So to say it is not critical is an understatement.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
How many topics on the go?
All right I won't get into all that nonsense.
Just Hope I got the right one cos as my second post I can't start a new thread.

First off I worked ten years in Process Control maintenance – calibrations through to assisting fitters.
I took A-level maths, physics, chemistry and interested in everything from anthropology through to zoology
I've been carefully following the unfolding story of Fukushima Daiichi (to the point where I no longer have to look up the spelling).

Putting on my “Adrian Monk” this is what happened...
I did an image search a over 6 hours ago and came across this.

www.myvisitingcard.com...

Latest News Of Japan Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant Explosion Public broadcaster NHK Saturday reported that a blast had been heard at about 3:30 pm (0630 GMT) and showed delayed footage of smoke billowing from the site, also reporting that the reactor building had been destroyed.

First can someone else confirm it as Fukushima Daiichi?

Hours later I'm still not seeing images like this one on NHK

I'm no fool (granted, we all have our moments) and realise how easy it is to doctor (/photoshop) images, yet when you put it together with pages like this

www.france24.com...
Latest update: 14/03/2011 TWO DAYS AGO

Japan's nuclear crisis is 'uncharted territory' Nuclear experts said it was probably the first time in the industry's 57-year history that seawater has been used in this way, a sign of how close Japan may be to a major accident. In an interview with Scientific American, physicist Ken Begeron said even nuclear catastrophe experts like himself were moving quickly into “uncharted territory”.

I also just came across this “eye witness” account.
Knowing that this is a site for sceptics, I say prove it isn't.
This account says something of the damage that officialdom must surely been made aware of.

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

FUKUSHIMA--Strong horizontal jolts dislodged ceiling pipes and massive amounts of water started flooding out--this was the frightening scene experienced by a worker who was in the building housing the No. 1 reactor of the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant when the earthquake hit Friday. His tale told to The Yomiuri Shimbun sheds light on the heavy initial damage the quake caused inside the building.

Broken water lines in a similar manner is what caused this situation.

edition.cnn.com...

Official: Spent fuel rods exposed, 'extremely high' radiation resulted

This refers to Reactor No.4
Ever put liquid lighter fuel into an empty tin can?
Put 12/14 drops of gas (petrol in UK) into an empty tin can.
Warm it for a little and carefully bring a flame to the opening.
Whoosh!
Wait a little and try it again.
Whoosh!
This is why there were self extinguishing re-igniting cycles in No. 4, only on a giant scale.
Continuous fuel. Continuous heat. Oxygen starvation,
When enough oxygen was present the charge re-ignited.
Presence of the Hydrogen means high temperature rods contacting steam, making zirconium oxide and Hydrogen.
Meaning the rods have, by now, fully broken down.

Here's my three click Wikipedia guide to self sustaining nuclear fission.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Someone already suggested to me that in Japan it's not the China but “Canada Syndrome”.
(I didn't bother to double check that)

Watching the helicopter drops1 I was interested by the foreshortening effect of the high focal length lenses and decided to search a few more images. I'm sure there are people reading this, that will note as I did, that it would be extremely risky manoeuvring such a helicopter so close to the towers
I therefore think they are making these trips just for the cameras and to be seen to be “doing something”.

Picture
www.investingcontrarian.com...
From
www.investingcontrarian.com...

Please don't get picky with my words – get picky over what I'm presenting.
Even if that first picture is not genuine, I'm very concerned that that is what Fukushima Daiichi is going to look like very shortly.

Of course another theory is than man never walked on the moon and it was all shot in a back lot.

I go for something in between for both this and the moon landing.
I believe the footage they are showing as “live” are from yesterday or possibly even the day before.
A big time delay. Relaying the pictures they deem safe.

They were probably praying/delaying until they could get electricity in, set pumps up, stand back and cross their fingers - only, it's not working in their favour.

All 6 reactors are ___ked in one way or another.
I tend to agree with this article

www.reuters.com... Twitter

And a nuclear engineer said that it may be time to consider ways to bury or cover the entire complex in some kind of material that would stop radiation from leaking into the atmosphere.

Here's how it will play out.
As soon as word gets out that the smoke has darkened, we will be told
“Things at Fukushima Daiichi took another turn for the worst”
(how many times have we heard that already?)
“The smoke over the plant has darkened, indicating that a full meltdown is under way”
(that already started days ago)
We will then experience another day without “live images”
More than that I can't yet remember.
I hope to get back when I do.
To me this is just more deja vu!

By the way. Just do a quick search for
TEPCO 2002

1 Noting the 'live images' were stitched together. Drop after drop, whereas round trip time?

I'm spending a fair amount of time on twitter.
Twitter search

shroud/sarcophagus

and I'm the one.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
That article reeks of fear mongering to me.

Hurtling towards America (it's always about America isn't it?)

But not hurtling towards China?
that's because of the jet stream. Just turns out were next in line with the wind.
edit on 17-3-2011 by alpinestar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Wait I figured it out. They can't do anything! There are no TPTB or NWO there is only corporation earth. One great big media system. It's a ratings based consumer world where you are hand fed actors, who we vote for with our viewing habits and stripped of personal opinion through the corporate use of propaganda. In the media industry there's what they call fill and content and as I learned it Content is the commercial and if you look that's where the money is. Movie's are giant commercials filled with shiny things to covet. It's because we all think the same way, we all want money. I mean it's all 6,900,000,000 of us. Case in point NORTH KOREA!!! They can brainwash every desire out and thought of self out of those people except for money! And no one will do what is needed to stop this thing because of the enormous backlash in will cause. Let's face it, it's either we send one or two million people to there deaths to cap this thing for the whole world to know and see or it keeps getting worse and the pools burn and we all die. But what country can send them in with the enormous ramifications of all out civil war an imminent risk in these pressing times. Japan is immobilized, with ports destroyed and no resources she ran dry on the 12th. No fuel, no trucks, no mass military movements. So, America...No World? No one is going to do it. Especially, not US or China they have to maintain there troops to fight for what is left of the world after this.

Thoughts? purely my hypothesis.

Or there could be millions of men dying and they aren't saying anything?

edit on 3/18/2011 by utsaME because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/18/2011 by utsaME because: typo

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
off topic sorry

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by alimort

I want to thank you for sharing your ideas with us here. You have presented sources and you're not just spewing an opinion that is not based on facts. It seems quite logical what you have put forth.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

Lets not get this wrong its a total unfolding disaster,,Why? spraying seawater on exposed nuclear rods,might cool them but wheres all the water going? all its doing is keeping the Radiation out of the air when the steam blow off is over..Then the warm seawater evaporates from the Ocean diluting the initial radiation effect.When a full meltdown occurs all attempts to use spay water must stop as the rising steam will be very toxic.Their is only one option,and its my guess that when the boric acid and sand arrive they will cover the plants, just like Chynoble.
The poor guys that are working there know they are dead,lets give them a thought..and hope they look after their families.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

As Mike Adams noted in his April 5th, 2011 Natural News article on Fukushima, "The government is going to turn off the radiation detectors, raise the official EPA limits of radioactive exposure, urge Americans to avoid preparing for fallout, and then pretend absolutely nothing is wrong." Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

And they are going to tell us its ok nothing to be afraid of...gasping for air, skins bubbling and falling off.

www.naturalnews.com...

edit on 11-11-2011 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy

As Mike Adams noted in his April 5th, 2011 Natural News article on Fukushima, "The government is going to turn off the radiation detectors, raise the official EPA limits of radioactive exposure, urge Americans to avoid preparing for fallout, and then pretend absolutely nothing is wrong." Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

And they are going to tell us its ok nothing to be afraid of...gasping for air, skins bubbling and falling off.

www.naturalnews.com...

reply to post by GothamKnight

Greetings:

Please join us here Japan declares a ‘nuclear emergency‘ after quake for perhaps THE definitive thread on the environmental catastrophy of the multiple melt-throughs at the Fukushima disaster/fiasco continuing 24/7/365.

Perhaps this will interest you also:

RADIATION WATCH 2011

The total number of days between Friday, March 11, 2011 and Saturday, December 9, 2011 is 274 days.

[color=Cyan]The radiation poisoning of we, the people, our children, pets, food, water and our land
has continued unabated - 24/7/365
[color=Chartreuse]
- for 8 months, 29 days ... which is:

• 23,673,600 seconds
• 394,560 minutes
• 6,576 hours
• 39 weeks (rounded down)

Once again, are we any closer to a solution to the Fukushima multiple melt-throughs disaster/fiasco spewing life-altering clouds of radiation 24/7/365?

Please check this out:

[color=3BB9FF]Just Back from Chernobyl: Mutations not seen anywhere else in world —
Much greater frequency of mutations in contaminated areas -
'Directly proportional' to radiation

This video certainly pounds another nail in the nuclear energy coffin.

Mutant "life" is not quality living.

Will it really take another Chernobyl or Fukushima to motivate enough people to turn the tide?

We sincerely hope not and will continue onward through the fog, bat signal lighting the way, hoping others will see it and respond. The obstacles that stand in the way, other than outright stupidity and MSM duplicity, seem to be apathy and ignorance.

What is there not to understand?

Just the uneconomic nature of nuclear power is a huge reason for society to quit flirting with more nuclear power, never mind the catastrophic record and certainty of more to come.

Somehow the evidence and true track record of dozens of accidents and perhaps 300,000
to nearly 1,000,000 deaths from just Chernobyl, are brushed aside by corporate media
and most governments.

As the world awaits the inevitable Fukushima hydrovolcanic explosion, one wonders if there are any plans in place by our EPA/USGOV for protecting we, the people, our children, water, the food in the fields, our pets, life in general after the unthinkable happens.

To be perfectly clear, we are sick and tired of the blatant attempts of the MSM (and others) to misrepresent reality in order to deliberately distort viewer and listener perceptions.

Even if our information sounds repetitious, people are forgetful. They need to be informed.

Such information, hopefully, will help raise people's awareness about the issue of radiation and its negative impact on life on our fragile Planet Earth.

What say you?

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]
edit on 15/12/2011 by thorfourwinds because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join