It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover Up Of Fukushima Chain Reaction Underway

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Oh sorry. I know the one you're talking about. I will look but I believe it was stabilized with minimal incident early Saturday, if we're talking about the same one.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

My text book says that only 56 fatalities have ever been reported for Chernobyl. I do like the note beside it that states "evidence of large scale cover-up by USSR). But it did take roughly, 500,000 people to contain and clean up (according to my textbook, probably sugar-coated a bit.) And between 1990 and today a 22-fold increase in Thyroid cancer has been observed in repopulated, "safe", areas. No real numbers but with a guess, hundreds of thousands (including right through today).

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by utsaME
reply to post by Aeons

Oh sorry. I know the one you're talking about. I will look but I believe it was stabilized with minimal incident early Saturday, if we're talking about the same one.

Found it. Onagawa. Yes, it looked like they contained the fire.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

The only thing I can come up with would be a spectrometer or a full spectrum imaging device. I am no scientist though

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Novatrino

Didn't most major cities implement a passive particulate system for looking for Anthrax and such after 9/11(how nice that level of fear mongering was)? I find it hard to believe those paranoid control monkeys at the top wouldn't have placed other kinds of censors at the same time. But I would also like to point out that kitty litter will light up your Geiger counter way before a fuel rod would. Of course, fission waste particulates are going to trump the kitty liter but uranium itself... it's unlikely you could detect it with any accuracy from more than tens to hundreds of meters with the best theoretical equipment. Hell, we couldn't find a uranium fuel pellet in a 20' shipping container with our best censor designs last semester. It would have to be ground based equipment and who's going to tell you where those (if implemented after 9/11 at all) are hidden in and around us? No one.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Mind you I'm only an Engineering student (3rd year) but I still say that they are lying.

My argument revolves around these facts:

Chernobyl:
Chain reaction during testing. (@ 5 mw production at time of event)
No, overloaded spent fuel pools.
And "One" reactor fully constructed and fueled.

Fukushima:
Chain reaction in 3 reactors. (running near 100% prior to shutdown)
7 overcrowded spent-fuel pools (2 or 3 possible scattered to the wind by explosions) -figure of speech-
6 fully constructed and operational reactors. (3 not running at time of quake)

What's my point?

The sheer magnitude of fuel located within one of these reactor buildings dwarfs Chernobyl by factors of thousands. To say "Chernobyl on steroids" or "three times Chernobyl" is ludicrous! If just one reactor at Fukishima (#3 especially, MOX fuel) goes the way of Chernobyl it's already exponentially worse. They are still down playing this.

Hell, the short-term exposure (days, weeks, or months) at 400 millisieverts will be lethal to those in Tokyo. It all depends on which of the many possible isotopes that could be present and their respective half-lives in conjunction with the respective to their organic mobility (does it replace mineral or nutrient uptake, i.e. potassium, iodine, ect.)

Like I said, I'm just a student but am I wrong?

Unfortunately, no... That whole country is (d)ucked. I think it took thousands of people to incase just the one reactor at Chernobyl in a giant sarcophagus (and it's cracking up and needs to be replaced). The estimates are in the hundreds that died, and lots of complications (Thyroid cancers shot up). They finally had to call in miners to dig under the melting ball of radioactive metals and lay in salt and concrete below the white hot ball to try to keep it from melting into the earth. Now were talking about 4 of these?! I used to be a proponent of reactors but this has proven to me that this technology is just too hard to control. Its like a child playing with matches. Most of the time you can get away with it but every once and while, you're going to loose the house.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by utsaME

I agree it would be hard to detect as well. Thanks for the info utsaME.

Nova

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

I agree with you.
And I would like to correct my earlier piece. Reactors five and six were under construction at the time of Chernobyl, reactors one through four were in place but three of them were not directly related to the event.

Like I said earlier, roughly 500,000 workers to contain Chernobyl and in light of our current situation that was nothing. Also, keep in mind we had a communist (worker run, lol) society to mobilize that half million people. We can't stop and get organized long enough to abate an oil leak, much less deal with the enormity of this.

Maybe, China?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This is just horrific. This makes the Gulf oil spill look like a minor milk spill. Our news media is just despicable. They focus on Charlie Sheen, and other non-issue garbage news. What ever happened to real reporting and actually getting people to the scene to report? I don't mean to downplay 9/11 but compared to this, 9/11 was nothing yet our news media covered it around the clock, 24/7 for a month straight, with videos and pictures and "experts" and all the disinformation we could stomach. Just because this is "over there" makes it no less important to us. Japan is an ally and this is worthy of extensive coverage.

And to add insult to injury, what did our moron-in-chief talk about last Saturday? Equality for women. Not a word about Japan. I am disgusted with the world in general and our government and TPTB specifically. While humanity is being ruined with chemtrails, "food patents", RFID chips, Frankenstein food (GMO's), pilfering of the financial system, corruption of governments across the globe and unwarranted wars, our media reports on fluff and Hussein talks about women's equality like we're Saudi Arabia or something.

The way the earth was cracking and water was bubbling up, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see a large part of Japan slip into the ocean. It's not talked about but they are having upwards of 25 M5+ earth quakes every day. All of that shaking is going to break something loose.

USGS Earthquakes

But the PTB, including a complicit news media, think we're better off being kept in the dark, just like they presume they can dump chemicals in our sky, poisoning us and our air and block our sun without a second thought. The arrogance of these people alone is enough to send me over the top. I'm just disgusted beyond words with all of it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

Good link.
I've never seen so many M5+ earthquakes in a 7 day period for one location. There are some good threads on ATS about this. Seems to be the entire Pacific plate and nearly all related faults.

I am not a geologist. Just speaking from my experience looking at GEE software.
edit on 15-3-2011 by utsaME because: Clarification

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Good link.
I've never seen so many M5+ earthquakes in a 7 day period for one location. There are some good threads on ATS about this. Seems to be the entire Pacific plate and nearly all related faults.

I am not a geologist. Just speaking from my experience looking at GEE software.
edit on 15-3-2011 by utsaME because: Clarification

GEE is what drew my attention to it. The II.ERM.00.BHN sensor has an "event" into the high micrometers/low mm quite often.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. Checkout some of the Tangusca (please forgive spelling) and Yellowstone threads.
The earthquake storm seems to be a global phenomenon not a local one. -My conjecture only-

Interesting because there is a sister thread to this discussing about the USGS covering up earthquakes since Friday.
edit on 15-3-2011 by utsaME because: typo

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
20 MINUTES AGO

www.livestation.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for link.
I cant believe they are still lying and saying Its OK still.
Do they realise that we have our own eyes.
WTF
edit on 15-3-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by meathed because: My computer is crap

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It is postulated, that including premature deaths, cancer, and still births, that since Chernobyl, over 1,000,000 people have died as a result of the radiation and its effects.

The official death count is 32.
edit on 15-3-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
It is postulated, that including premature deaths, cancer, and still births, that since Chernobyl, over 1,000,000 people have died as a result of the radiation and its effects.

The official death count is 32.
edit on 15-3-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

If this ends up in "The worse case senario" then this disaster will be alot bigger and badder then Chernobyl.
Its a scarey thought for the world.
Millions of people needing to migrate, Millions with cancers, not to forget the enviroment damage.
This is looking like the biggest Disaster ever known to humankind, unfolding right before our very eyes.
( Im not fearmongering, just stating facts)
Goodluck all.

edit on 15-3-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

My text book has it at 56 but yeah that would sound about right. Especially, with half a million people doing two minute rotations in, on, around, and under the reactor. Factor in civilian exposure etc. and a million. We'll never know, could have been ten million but between 500,000 and 1,000,000 is a good guess.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
You should do some research where the contaminated Chernobyl soil ended up ...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Breaking news: ALL WORKERS EVACUATED FROM NUCLEAR POWER PLANT
Source: www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

So it seems they are totally giving up? If there was even a slim chance of reducing the radiation, I'm sure there would be at least one person willing to stay (at least I hope there would be).

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join