Cover Up Of Fukushima Chain Reaction Underway

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

www3.nhk.or.jp...

check out the live link of Japanese TV simultaneously translated - click on play button on left under NOW ON AIR for live video feed.

If the water is leaking out of the containment vessel clearly then the radioactive substances are getting out they say. They don't know if it is air or liquid, but the lower pressure shows that contaminated material is escaping.

965 level is quite high dosage

critical and difficult to repair and operators are being evacuated - only 50 people are staying.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Originally posted by ScepticallyDelicious
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

"Started" and "Full" from the way I read it, seem to be a little different from eachother. I'm no nuclear expert but unless someone knowledgable in this area can correct me I'm not seeing much of a point to jumping on this "world disaster" bandwagon that everyone is getting all riled up about.

Im no expert either. But it dosen't take an EINSTEIN to work out that something bad is going on.
Remember BP, Chernobyl?
The gov lied then and it lies now, or is there to much radioactive fallout dust in your eyes that you cant see to truth.

Yes I can "see to truth", an explosion or three for that matter at a nuclear power plant that's 40 years old and from all accounts wasn't built with the same safety mechanisms as their more current and modern counterparts is certainly not a good thing. My heart goes out to Japan and the parade of disaster they've had to contend with, and...

I will not disagree and say that the government/governments don't lie but in all reality, unless you subscribe to that NWO belief why would they lie about the potential dangers of nuclear fallout hitting a jetstream and making it's way across the pacific? would it not make more sense to tell people in order to give them enough time to respond? Remember you're talking about an event thousands of miles away with weather reports that are either fake or the legit ones saying the radioactive cloud will be blown back inland.

Yes a Navy Carrier had to scrub down some helicoptor crews because they flew through a radiation cloud during rescue efforts, yes they've confirmed the cloud is offshore, but a cloud a 100 miles offshore is small distance compared to a few thousands miles traveling across a jetstream and somehow falling on the west coast. Yes it's bad, yes it sucks, but why get all riled up over something that by all official accounts isn't making it's way towards us? Or am I going to be slammed with "don't trust the government" responses.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
cover up?

If anything, the media is actually building this up to be more than it is. Which is what they do, if you haven't noticed.

Cover up?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScepticallyDeliciousYes it's bad, yes it sucks, but why get all riled up over something that by all official accounts isn't making it's way towards us? Or am I going to be slammed with "don't trust the government" responses.

No your gonna get slammed with the situation is getting worse with every report, so to make light of this is pretty dumb

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I like your signature friend very true
, however the only thing that seems to be getting worse is the rampant posts making more light of this disaster then actually needed, it's not enough that mainstream media continually reports it but now every member on here has to sound the trumpet and proclaim that we're heading for radiation soaked west coast because three reactors in Japan have had partial meltdowns.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Your forgetting that people who don't know... worry. When even the officials are merely GUESSING at what is happening, it shows that the experts don't know. Lately the experts have no sane answeres for the animal deaths, the giant hole in the magnetosphere, the reason the poles are moving 4x faster, the reason the solar wind is lowest ever. NASA scientists are using terms like 'rewrite the physic books'; 'unexpected', 'we don't know' a lot lately

So yeah this is a major concern to people. Until I watched the Chernobyl documentary posted, I was ignorant of just how bad it really was... because even though the media hyped it, we had no FACTS... and now we see just how serious it was and how far the fallout actually went.

So can YOU tell us that if the three plants do totally melt down that released radiation would NOT reach the US? No you can't... because no one knows for sure

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

i trust your opinion
and if you know some one in the local area who is a professor who is directly involved
then i give more credence to what you have said (second hand)
because your source is indeed in danger if he is there
we agree on everything

do we agree that america should shut down its reactors of the same design
if they are located near an active fault?

im sorry if i came of angry at you
its quite a stressful time

xploder

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ScepticallyDelicious

Facts are facts. This fallout can and will get into the Jetstream,
It IS in the Jetstream as we type.
The evidence says that this worse case senario IS unfolding.
Im not agruing against you about facts that the Jetstream exist and CAN get to the USA.( IT does)
But even if you are safe in Oblivious land.
There are trillions more on this planet that live closer.
Some of us have family closer.
SO THIS IS REAL TO ALOT MORE PEOPLE OTHER THAN YOU.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by ScepticallyDeliciousYes it's bad, yes it sucks, but why get all riled up over something that by all official accounts isn't making it's way towards us? Or am I going to be slammed with "don't trust the government" responses.

No your gonna get slammed with the situation is getting worse with every report, so to make light of this is pretty dumb

So you are HOPING this is a terrible catastrophe so you can be right?

That's interesting.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well they don't want to spread further panic to already a panic struck nation...but I really don't see the point of delaying the news of the impending disaster - might give time for people to get to safety/out the country.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I think people are hoping this isn't gonna turn out as bad as it sounds.

Multiple meltdowns at once is a pretty big deal, especially considering how rare such events actually are.

Even considering this catastrophe, and the potential fallout scenarios, nuclear power plants are still far safer and cleaner than coal or oil power, in my opinion. However I think you could make the argument that natural gas is better than all 3 of those alternatives.

But we have to look at this realistically. Nuclear power is dangerous. Coal power requires massive mines and puts countless miners at risk every day (and many die as a result). Oil as we all know, is highly provocative in geopolitical aspects (wars for oil etc). Natural gas is not so safe either, because there are multiple explosions of large size, and there have even been natural gas deposits which have blown up on massive scales and created small earthquakes etc.

All of these are costly and dangerous forms of power generation, but all things considered, nuclear power is still one of our better alternatives despite the disaster unfolding before us right now.

The potential scenarios that could develop in relation to nuclear fallout in the US/Canada zone is a dangerous situation but make no mistake about it, we can handle it and mitigate those damages by taking various precautions and dealing with the situation in a straight-forward, calm, and concise method.

Even if the fallout cloud never materializes and we avoid the bullet here, we still need to create a disaster plan for our families and friends, and now is a good time to break out the old 1950s handbooks on this contingency.

This morning I started a thread in which I will continue at some point tonight to add additional information to, and I would be grateful if people take this link Fallout Prep Guide, make physical copies of it, and pass it out to people you know in real life. No matter where you are, we all need a fallout preparation plan. There are power plants everywhere these days, and there are also earthquakes everywhere as well. It's only prudence.

Here is the thread I created this morning using that guide as a template. Please spread this information.

Let people know there is nothing to fear except ignorance and panic. We need to stay rational and logical. We need to confront these dangers with a plan, that is our only real hope for overcoming the ills that have befallen us and that will befall us in the future with certainty.

Knowledge is a shield. Use it to protect yourself and your family. Nuclear fallout is no where near as bad as it is made out to be in the media. We can survive it, and we can avoid the dangers posed by it. The levels of radioactivity fall sharply within a few days time, and it constantly degrades in potency. All we have to do is activate our disaster plans, and alter them slightly to handle this scenario.

If you do not have a disaster plan, review the guide linked and begin to formulate your own now. If you are safe right now, that is the perfect opportunity to begin formulating things. Those in danger areas need to get on the ball and get their plans ironed out within 48hours.

Rule # 1 = Have no Fear
Rule # 2 = Inform yourself and others

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by theibbsta
Well they don't want to spread further panic to already a panic struck nation...but I really don't see the point of delaying the news of the impending disaster - might give time for people to get to safety/out the country.

Please keep in mind, the government is not an all-knowing entity.

They may be dealing with conflicting information, and they may not even know how bad this situation really is currently.

It will take weeks to possibly even months to gauge the potency of this event, and the scale at which it will develop.

Since we do not know for sure either way, and since the government is trying to keep everyone calm and take this slowly, we need to remind ourselves what Self-Responsibility is all about.

Get your fallout contingency plans on the table and start reviewing your options.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
Don't count these chickens before they hatch.

We simply don't know enough information right now to gauge this disaster.
But we do know enough to get our heads up and take action today.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Forming disaster preparation plans is smart, logical, rational, prudent, and forward-thinking.

Those who want to laugh at it all, and refuse to formulate preparation plans are fools and will suffer the worst in SHTF scenarios.

There is nothing to be afraid of, aside of fear itself.
Panic and hysteria are our worst enemies here.

Taking precautions is our only way to protect ourselves and ensure our survival in a myriad of potential disasters.

Disasters happen all the time, everywhere.

It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when.

So get your acts together and handle this like adults please.

"A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." - Proverbs 22:3

edit on 14-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Hey with all this talk of nuclear meltdowns, I see one good thing....cheaper gasoline for us all! As the main country whom consumes and stores gasoline(s) will no longer need it

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I Just came accross this 2009 CNN report about a Nuclear Meltdown scenario under a terrorist attack.

CNN

Putting the attack part aside it does discuss a meltdown scenario almost identical to Japans reactor 4.

It goes on to state

"It has been known for more than two decades that, in case of a loss of water in the pool...spent fuel recently discharged from a reactor could heat up relatively rapidly...[and] the fire could well spread to older spent fuel," von Hippel and a team of others wrote in a 2003 report. "The long-term land-contamination consequences of such an event could be significantly worse than those from Chernobyl." The report described a scenario where contamination could drift downwind from the site, rendering the land uninhabitable and resulting in hundreds of billions of dollars in property damage. If the plant was near a populated area -- like the Indian Point plant in suburban New York, some 35 miles north of midtown Manhattan -- and couldn't be evacuated in time, the damage could be much worse. "If you get a fire at Indian Point in the spent fuel pool, it's going to take out New York City," said Pete Stockton, an investigator at the Project on Government Oversight and a former security expert at the Department of Energy. Instead of pools, the report suggested housing the spent fuel in hardened casks on site, as some plants are currently doing when their pools get too full. But Morris countered that the spent fuel is not dangerous enough to pose a health risk to the general public.

Remember this refers to an attack on a reactor but the topic of meltdown is discussed.
edit on 14-3-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

No they are not,the Japanease Government are being criticised for not being as open as they need to be. There is confrimed news, of radiation leak, they was another fire, at that plant. Cover up yes, japanease officials are telling people, to stay indoors,the exclusion zone has been exteneded to a bigger area.

So do not tell me there is nothing to worry about. Or everything at that Nuclear plant if fine,because it certainly is not.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

Well arent you a bundle of joy.....

Benefit out of other peoples misery

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS: Small amounts of radioactive substances detected in Tokyo
12:37 15 March
english.kyodonews.jp...

Potassium Iodide pills are ALL SOLD OUT across America as people fear the fallout

Potassium Iodide Runs Low as Americans Seek It Out
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Reuters announced explosion in #4 now

Japan says radiation levels rising around plant after explosion

Mar 14, 2011 10:29pm EDT

TOKYO, Japan, March 15 (Reuters) - Radiation levels around quake-stricken nuclear reactors in northeastern Japan are rising but there are no plans to extend the 20-km evacuation zone, the government said on Tuesday.

An explosion at the No. 4 reactor likely caused the new radiation which could rise to levels that may affect health around the reactors.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
My mind reels when I think about how this could potentially affect food prices and availability pretty much world wide depending on how this plays out and the scope of end result.

Crops, cattle, seafood, dairy, failed weather patterns, contaminated water supplies. Don't have to be in immediate areas to feel the pain. Presuming the particles don' waft all the way to the U.S., what happens when all this radiation lands in the Pacific?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution