It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover Up Of Fukushima Chain Reaction Underway

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Government officials admitted that it was “highly likely” the fuel rods in three separate reactors had started to melt despite repeated efforts to cool them with sea water. Safety officials said they could not rule out a full meltdown as workers struggled to keep temperatures under control in the cores of the reactors.

The Fukushima crisis now rates as a more serious accident than the partial meltdown at Three Mile Island in the US in 1979, and is second only to the 1986 Chernobyl disaster, according to the French nuclear safety authority. After insisting for three days that the situation was under control, Japan urgently appealed to US and UN nuclear experts for technical help on preventing white-hot fuel rods melting.

Source

Its happening people. We will have a full meltdown. So much for containment.
edit on 14-3-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
LIVE NOW :

WATCH

NHK

Elf

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

"Started" and "Full" from the way I read it, seem to be a little different from eachother. I'm no nuclear expert but unless someone knowledgable in this area can correct me I'm not seeing much of a point to jumping on this "world disaster" bandwagon that everyone is getting all riled up about.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
this disaster may help stimulate the economy.i guess its time to learn japanese.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't think this deserves a thread of its own to answer, and I'll make it quite to the point in case this question on my mind has been answered recently. If these reactors cause this much devastation that affects the world, what happened with all the nuclear testing that occurred in the past sixty years : from pacific atolls to present testing by newer members to the circle of MAD power? Undersea and underground testing may now be the norm, yet I don't recall the same global eye on any of the above-ground tests that have been launched. Classic military secrets? Why not the same global concern and magnitude of effect. I could be more specific, but a general answer is fine too.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
LIVE NOW :

WATCH

NHK

Elf

Thanks for the link!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Why are they building these reactors so close together that an explosion in one is causing damage to the one next to it? If they had build them only a mile away they wouldn't have quite as severe a problem.

But now the way they built this, if one reactor goes, all six are in danger of meltdown and nobody can be around their to prevent it...

sheer hubris

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScepticallyDelicious

"Started" and "Full" from the way I read it, seem to be a little different from eachother. I'm no nuclear expert but unless someone knowledgable in this area can correct me I'm not seeing much of a point to jumping on this "world disaster" bandwagon that everyone is getting all riled up about.

Im no expert either. But it dosen't take an EINSTEIN to work out that something bad is going on.
Remember BP, Chernobyl?
The gov lied then and it lies now, or is there to much radioactive fallout dust in your eyes that you cant see to truth.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScepticallyDelicious

This isn't a world disaster so to say, but it is most certainly the worst disaster in Japans history. There are over 50 million people who live within 3 hours of this nuclear plant. Tokyo is 1 HOUR away. If the wind shifts southbound it may well become the worst disaster of any kind in history.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by Laurauk

No trust years and years of nuclear physics, sh!t you can be as panicked as you want but do not make other people needlessly panic as well.

Japan is asking for help which is a good thing, the more countries working on it the better, that should make people feel better alone.

Pred...

sorry to say this buddy
THE TRUST ME IM A SCIENTIST
and these reactors are 100% safe bs
is disgusting
THIS COULDNT HAPPEN HERE
is total complete bs
ITS NOT AS BAD AS YOU THINK
is total complete bs

when it comes to nuclear ANY amount of release is VERY dangerous
to say otherwise is BS

xp

I agree that this is bad period, and I'm not saying to trust ME, I'm telling you that because the moderator rods were put in place the nuclear reaction stopped, that's a given, what we are dealing with now is residual radiation, which poses a smaller threat.

This is a horrible situation and should have never been allowed to get this far, we agree on that, japan will feel the effects of this for a long time, all I am saying is, the fact there is no new nuclear reactions taking place means this event cannot be as large as chernobyl.

Chernobyl was in the fissioning stage when it blew, these events are blowing the outside structure which has nothing to do with containment, they just released the steam and very little radiation inside the building which disappates the radioactive elements even more.

All I am saying is that because the Japanese stopped the nuclear fission the second the earthquake hit we are not in for a Chernobyl, a three mile island event is much more likely. Still bad but much better than Chernobyl.

When the prof of nuclear physics at the university of Victoria is saying there is nothing to worry about I trust him. He is not only a professional nuclear physicist, but is also directly in the supposed fallout area, if he says there is nothing to worry about, regardless of how bad this becomes I'll listen to him.

I'm not trying to spread mis information here I am relaying what I know, not what I think.

I respect you Xploder and have had conversations with you before, I am just saying what I know, not from the news or MSM, but from people who know about both the build of the containment structures and nuclear physics.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette
Why are they building these reactors so close together that an explosion in one is causing damage to the one next to it? If they had build them only a mile away they wouldn't have quite as severe a problem.

But now the way they built this, if one reactor goes, all six are in danger of meltdown and nobody can be around their to prevent it...

sheer hubris

Agreed.
Also,If we need these reactors, why arent these reactors built underground just incase these type of events happen.?
It wouldnt prevent a disaster, but it would at least contain the majority of the fallout.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Question:
If the containment vessels were full of water to begin with, where did that radioactive water go if the rods are exposed now? Yes I know...super heated and converted to steam...ok so where did that radioactive steam go? Yes I know the pressure build up of the steam caused explosions...ok so if those explosions didn't damage the containment vessels....see my point? How can the containment vessels be intact if they contained the water/steam to begin with?

I don't believe we're getting the true story.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have friends in Tokyo,Japan and they are as much in the dark as we are. They say alot of people are leaving (trying) due to the reactor problems.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

You make some good points but here's some news straight from Japan live broadcast.

Fuel rods ARE melting.

Containment container is damaged and leaking.

Pressure valve at reactor#2 is stuck closed and attempts to open it have failed.

8217 micro's (radiation units) were measured after the explosion at plants perimeter. 3x your yearly dose!

I would be very afraid if I was in Japan.
edit on 14-3-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
Question:
If the containment vessels were full of water to begin with, where did that radioactive water go if the rods are exposed now? Yes I know...super heated and converted to steam...ok so where did that radioactive steam go? Yes I know the pressure build up of the steam caused explosions...ok so if those explosions didn't damage the containment vessels....see my point? How can the containment vessels be intact if they contained the water/steam to begin with?

I don't believe we're getting the true story.

Answer.#1 The atmosphere.

#2 Same as above. and anything that doesnt turn to steam must get pumped straight back into the ocean.

#3 They DID rupture the containment vessel.

#4 They are not intact anymore.

Ps. We are getting lied to about everything concerning this.
edit on 14-3-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Absolutely if I was in japan I would be panicked, I would not want to be close to those plants unless I was fully decked out in radiation gear.

As for the meltdown there are different levels, it seems as if the zirconium casing (the first protection) is melting, it has 3 more levels to go, which is unlikely, not impossible, but close.

If full meltdown occurs, and the containments structures are all breached then japan will have a huge problem, we still would not be too affected by it as the fission is not taking place.

Japan can NOT be as serious as Chernobyl, it's impossible, if the moderator rods were not in place, then yes, but they are.

I'm very happy that japan is calling for help, it makes me feel a thousand times better because with a bunch of countries working on this it will be resolved much quicker. I'm happy the Japanese did not get their pride involved and will admit when they need help.

And yes there is radiation outside of japan at higher than normal levels, but nothing to get to worried about, there is a big difference between 60 km than 5000+ km. We get a ton of radiation from our cell phones and cordless phones and nobody worries about that.

My best wishes to the Japanese.

Pred...
edit on 14-3-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Ok so the source is infowars that a radiation cloud is traveling east to the U.S. and automatically you say the information is invalid and don't take it seriously?

You don't have to believe everything they say but even when something is true you will not listen? Check the other websites reporting the same thing, like RT...

FAIL SIR.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
www3.nhk.or.jp...

check out the live link of Japanese TV simultaneously translated - click on play button on left under NOW ON AIR for live video feed.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
www3.nhk.or.jp...

Right now they are showing the electric company press conference which is very heated - the reporters are angry about the sketchy and confusing information that they are getting.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

The containment unit, is cracked, as was reported in a live conference on CNN just a short while ago. They are evacuating that plant.

I call it mega danger. Also, how could this not be as serious as chenobyl? The second reactor was a plutonium mixed reactor and the second explosion was a mushroom.

Also, the rods were exposed, and if it has sunk to the bottom like has been said it would have, after several hours of exposure, then apparently, nothing will be able to put it out, its too hot to go near, with any equipment, and will continue.

Why would it be internationally legal for any country to use plutonium, or NUCLEAR POWER. On the ocean, so you have access to coolant, well you access to WAVE and TIDE as well. Trememdous ocean energy to be accessed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join