It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover Up Of Fukushima Chain Reaction Underway

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

And we should take your word for it?

No thank you.

Next

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think the play down by the media is primarily due to the fact of the spent fuel pool(s)

This creates a whole new headache for the general public. No pun or disrespect intended.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Kram09

Not that I'm going to go BAAAHHH like a sheep and believe everything IfnoFAIL uhmmm I mean Infowar posts but there is this thing called the JETSTREAM...
edit on 14-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

And Its the same JETSTREAM the Japanese used to send ballon bombs across to the USA in WW2.
So the jetstream works. The cold air comes from Siberia, heads across China over Japan and across to the US.
So anyone that says that the fallout CANT get to the USA is lying or stupid.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by XPLodER

Wait a moment, unless I dreamt it all up.

Did this not also happen in the USA. If I am mistaken I apologise,but I read somewhere the USA had its own melt down before.

Japan would not be asking for international help if there was not anything seriously wrong.

So stop trying to pull the blanket over our eyes.

I AM SAYING
the us reactors are not safe
the reactors that have spent rods stored in the roof are an "accident" waiting to happen
ALL US REACTORS SHOULD BE CONTROLED AND STOPPED
they ARE NOT SAFE

while they are in operation you are all at risk

not trying to scare anyone just supplying the facts

xp

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Are there no ATS members that have contact with people in Japan that could tell us some news? they'll know before us

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Holy crap people, stop spreading fear.

Nothing will hit the North American coast, the reactors are not fissioning right now as Chernobyl was, making it impossible to be anywhere close to as large of an incident. The containment structures were built to withstand a full meltdown, yes Bill Nye said this has never happened before, but, we do understand nuclear physics and have prepared the structures for the worst possible scenarios.

Yes, there is radioactivity around the structures as they are venting the containment unit which HAS to be done, a small minute amount. Venting is good but will not seriously harm anyone, they have to vent.

I don't care what MSM or info wars says the physics and engineering will win.

Pred...

I won't comment on whether North America is at risk or not but this is more serious than the media is letting on. Its a safe bet to say nuclear fuel has already melted and pooled up at the bottom of the reactor, meaning attempts to cool it will fail because only the surface of the molten fuel will be contacting the water and all the molten fuel under the surface layer will continue to heat and generate gases. The gases will build up until the lid blows off again, and again, and again. Unless the molten fuel can be cooled we will have repeated disasters from venting radioactive steam.

I have yet to read or hear of one method to cool the "magma" that pools at the bottom of the reactor, its way to hot for any human or machine to operate around. I really don't see how this can be stopped.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

No trust years and years of nuclear physics, sh!t you can be as panicked as you want but do not make other people needlessly panic as well.

Japan is asking for help which is a good thing, the more countries working on it the better, that should make people feel better alone.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for the satellite image. Did you notice reactor 3 is much more heavily damaged than reactor 1. The damage appears to have destroyed much more of the containment structure. I am also very curious about the spent fuel rods?? Were these rods in fact stored on the roof of the reactor?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

The zirconium casing has melted, that does not mean a full meltdown has occurred which is what you are saying.

Yes if full meltdown occurs there will be quite the clean up but it does not mean the containment will fail.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Laurauk

No trust years and years of nuclear physics, sh!t you can be as panicked as you want but do not make other people needlessly panic as well.

Japan is asking for help which is a good thing, the more countries working on it the better, that should make people feel better alone.

Pred...

sorry to say this buddy
THE TRUST ME IM A SCIENTIST
and these reactors are 100% safe bs
is disgusting
THIS COULDNT HAPPEN HERE
is total complete bs
ITS NOT AS BAD AS YOU THINK
is total complete bs

when it comes to nuclear ANY amount of release is VERY dangerous
to say otherwise is BS

xp

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The zirconium casing has melted, that does not mean a full meltdown has occurred which is what you are saying.

Yes if full meltdown occurs there will be quite the clean up but it does not mean the containment will fail.

Pred...

Well, Japan has admitted to a partial meltdown and admits they don't know what has happend in the reactors so we will have to wait and see. Talking of containment though can depend on what we're talking about containing. Nuclear fuel or radiation? Unlike chernobyl we do not have nuclear fuel ejected from the reactor but we do have serious levels of radiation venting from the reactors. So, yes the containment worked to contain the nuclear fuel but not the radiation.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Pred...

meltdown= fuel rods are exposed and heat from the reaction "melts the rods"
meltdown= 1800 degree heat melts the containment vessel "meltdown containment failure"
meltdown= release of fissionable material into the atmosphere

so far the reports of cesium and other isotopes have been detected upto 100kms away

so this is a "true containment meltdown"
fission materials HAVE already been released and detected down wind

=containment meltdown of a least 1 site
=fuel meltdown of two sites
=coolent fueled explosions at reactor (coolant pumps are in different buildings)
= exposure of at least 1 core meltdown
= partial exposure at 1 reactor

xploder

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
they are saying a coolant boil off has created an "exposed" situation
for the exposed gases to escape the pressure vessel
there HAS to be a leak at either the reactor or the coolant feed pipes

question
why has the roof blown of in the reactor unit and not the seperate pumping unit?
if this is only a non containment leak?

xploder

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
I'm sorry but.... Infowars.

It might as well be sorcha faal

or Benjamin Fulford...

or Debka.com...

or.....

/sigh

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Just noticed another thread in the forum stating Japanese officials have said a reactor container may be damaged!!!

But don't worry everyone, we have the situation under control.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Star and Flag

I hope people understand the ramifications of this accident. This is worse then the tsunami,or earthquake,albeit those were the causes of it. This will affect the whole world,for years to come. Be prepared,and of course,keep the Japanese people above all in the forefront of this catastrophe. They will,and have felt it first......

Red Cross Says You Can Donate Directly To Japan Victims

Whatever you can send,or afford....please do.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just in reports of an explosion at Reactor #2...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
A spokesperson from Tokyo Electric says said some staff have been evacuated from the site.

Kyodo now says that the suppression pool may have been damaged at reactor 2.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Reports of Explosion at reactor #2, actual cracks or damage to the containment vessel is possible. ... - NHK World
NHK WORLD TV on USTREAM: Official NHK WORLD TV live on USTREAM ...‎ - ustream.tv

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Japan earthquake: New blast at Fukushima nuclear plant

Japan crisis: third explosion raises spectre of nuclear nightmare

One minister has said it is "highly likely" that the rods might melt. Radiation levels near the plant have risen.

I'm sorry but we are being lied to every step of the way. Get out of Japan now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join