It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover Up Of Fukushima Chain Reaction Underway

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
I'm sorry but.... Infowars.

It might as well be sorcha faal

While I agree with your view of Infowars, it doesn't change the fact that the media seems to be trying to downplay this as much as possible. Like I said there is a world of difference between a nuclear emergency and a nuclear disaster. The core's are soo hot they cannot go in with anything to check whats happend so they have no idea whats happening and thats 100% truth.

Whether radiation makes it north america or not, its obvious we have a full blown disaster on our hands in Japan.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Anyone wants a different source for the OP Story to be valid...

Here you go.

Japan radiation leaks feared as nuclear experts point to possible cover-up
Lack of radiation readings echoes pattern of secrecy employed after other major accidents such as Chernobyl

Nuclear experts have thrown doubt on the accuracy of official information issued about the Fukushima nuclear accident, saying that it followed a pattern of secrecy and cover-ups employed in other nuclear accidents. "It's impossible to get any radiation readings," said John Large, an independent nuclear engineer who has worked for the UK government
www.guardian.co.uk...

I just think its kind of silly at this point on ATS for people to snipe in a thread...

"its not A J again" and "Infowars ? Your Kidding"

Comments like that are much less credible than the least credible thing Jones has ever put up.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

www.reliefweb.int...

Now, obviously, this cannot be "fresh info" as it has been drafted, reviewed and then finally released to the public... No way they could get that done quickly. But it is the latest official press release containing all pertinent data (temps, injuries, radiation in air, etc...)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
If there is nothing to worry about, as the MSM would like us to believe, then why is Germany scanning planes returning from Japan for radioactivity. TPTB know a hell of a lot more than they pretend to.

www.thelocal.de...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
whats the big deal?? this is all natural occurrances folks!!! yes, as off 2011 everything that happens is natural, millions of animals die, thats natural. nuclear power plants having massive explosions, thats natural, nothing to see here.....

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
important point so i will repost

www.ieer.org...

A special feature of the Mark 1 design is that the used fuel, also called spent fuel, is stored within the reactor building in a swimming pool-like concrete structure near the top of the reactor vessel. When the reactor is refueled, the spent fuel is taken from the reactor by a large crane, transferred to the pool, and kept underwater for a few years. This spent fuel must be kept underwater to prevent severe releases of radioactivity, among other reasons. A meltdown or even a fire could occur if there is a loss of coolant from the spent fuel pool. The water in the spent fuel pool and the roof of the reactor building are the main barriers to release of radioactivity from the spent fuel pool.

the spent fuel is very very dangerous
and it is stored ABOVE the reactors
without cooling the spend rods could still "melt down" and cause problems to the reactors
spent fuel is VERY VERY dangerous

xplodr

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Posted by Signals in the main thread

Aerial view of the two blown plants... steady stream of steam spewing out

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I appreciate that very much, thank you.

This is just horrific. God help them and all of us

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

zorgon what is your thoughts on the posability of a large equake hitting america causing a similar melt down
the japaneeze beleived the reactors were 100% safe
are americas reactors as 100% as japan?

i say shut down all reactors near know fault lines before an "accident" occours

THEY ARE NOT SAFE

XPLODER

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

An explosion associated with Unit 1 occurred on March 12, at 3:36 p.m.2 At first the authorities stated that this was in the turbine building next to the reactor building. However, it is the reactor building roof and part of the walls near the roof that were completely blown off leaving only a steel skeleton at the top of the building. This indicates an explosion inside the reactor building – probably a hydrogen explosion, since hydrogen is much lighter than air, it would accumulate near the top of the building. The explosion therefore seems to have occurred near the level where the spent fuel pool would be located in a Mark 1 reactor.
While Japanese authorities have stated that the reactor vessel is still intact, there has been no word regarding the status of the spent fuel pool structure, except indirectly (see below). Is it still intact? This is a critical question as to the range of potential consequences of the reactor accident.

same source PDF

xploder

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
safe nuclear reactor = oxymoron

Building number 3 had BLACK smoke. When Hydrogen burns it leaves white water vapor not SMOKE. Burning hydrogen makes water...

That plant is still streaming out what is most likely radioactive steam. How much radioactivity in the steam is not being told
edit on 14-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

www.reliefweb.int...

Now, obviously, this cannot be "fresh info" as it has been drafted, reviewed and then finally released to the public... No way they could get that done quickly. But it is the latest official press release containing all pertinent data (temps, injuries, radiation in air, etc...)

Great find!

I scanned it quickly and the parts that I understand, namely the the non-scientific ones, pretty well note all the things we already know. Definently not fresh as you said, but interesting.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

And those reactors are the exact same make as the American ones.

They said so on the News.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

These reactors have a 20 centimeter or about ten inches of stainless steel encasing them.The problem is how much heat and pressure can those ten inches take?If the reaction gets out of control the pressure will build untill it breaches the containement vessel.The problem is that they seem to be in meltdown mode..which makes it only a matter of time,before a real problem occurs...Like having to vent continuously?If the containment vessel blows the shock of the pressure wave with ten inches of stainless blowing would be the mother of all pipe bombs.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

radiation, over 1,200 microsieverts per hour7 – which is more than 10,000 times natural background radiation at sea-level – have been reported outside the plant. At this level the annual allowable dose of the radiation to the public would be exceeded in less than an hour. Such levels indicate a partial meltdown in Unit 1 and possibly in Unit 3. However, while it seems to be widely assumed that the radioactivity has been emanating only from the reactor vessel (s), it is unclear whether some of it is also being released from the Unit 1 spent fuel pool, which may have been damaged by the explosion.

source

the explosions may have damaged the spent fuel cooling pools

this just gets worse

xp

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

And if it does?

Then we have serious problems then dont we?

Then its, all the cards are off the table.

An those in that region would be in big trouble.

Radioactive material could escape in to the atmosphere if that hapenned.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by XPLodER

And those reactors are the exact same make as the American ones.

They said so on the News.

well the reactors design has inherent faults
and no nuclear chain reaction is 100% safe
so if something happened in the us the same outcome would occour
the cooling pools are directly above the pressure vessel
if the pool leaks the rods are exposed and any "hot" rods would set of any "cold" rods and the 1800 degree melted rods would start to melt the reactor pressure vessel from the outside

so "hot" meltdown can be helped along with cool melt down
but the spent rods are more dangerous because they are not in a pressure vessel

xp

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Here is the video of #3 going up... you can see the black smoke, the flash and hear THREE separate explosions

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Holy crap people, stop spreading fear.

Nothing will hit the North American coast, the reactors are not fissioning right now as Chernobyl was, making it impossible to be anywhere close to as large of an incident. The containment structures were built to withstand a full meltdown, yes Bill Nye said this has never happened before, but, we do understand nuclear physics and have prepared the structures for the worst possible scenarios.

This is the third thread I have posted in where people are worried about fallout in North America.

Yes, there is radioactivity around the structures as they are venting the containment unit which HAS to be done, a small minute amount. Venting is good but will not seriously harm anyone, they have to vent.

We need to make the reactors in US safer as they are not built as well as this one, and are on a huge fault line. That is what the concern should be about.

We are fine, even in a worst case scenario because the nuclear fission stopped already do to the moderator rods. We are dealing with residual radiation, which is much less dangerous.

I don't care what MSM or info wars says the physics and engineering will win.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Wait a moment, unless I dreamt it all up.

Did this not also happen in the USA. If I am mistaken I apologise,but I read somewhere the USA had its own melt down before.

Japan would not be asking for international help if there was not anything seriously wrong.

So stop trying to pull the blanket over our eyes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join