It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover Up Of Fukushima Chain Reaction Underway

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
They are thinking perhaps it's a misunderstanding - they are trying to verify. Perhaps they meant the 750/800 already evacuated workers. Because evacuating would be them tossing up the white flag.. and this would be pretty bad.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

If there's a chance that lives could be saved you would have many workers volunteering to save others. This move is a desperate one. The facility is beyond help. The nuclear reactor is probably in a state of meltdown.

I DON'T WANT TO BE AN ALARMIST, BUT THIS IS SERIOUS!
edit on 16-3-2011 by AllIsOne because: classified

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
Breaking news: ALL WORKERS EVACUATED FROM NUCLEAR POWER PLANT
Source: www.cnn.com...

Looks like thye jig is up. The level of radiation at the plant surged to 1,000 millisieverts. The workers had no choice but to run away. I think only god can stop it now.

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
So it seems they are totally giving up? If there was even a slim chance of reducing the radiation, I'm sure there would be at least one person willing to stay (at least I hope there would be).

Despite their best and valiant efforts, once the building blow up there is nothing left to do because you have no pumps, no power no controls... What should they do, move the fuel rods by hand like the Russians did at Chernobyl? THAT act of sacrifice took 500,000 soldiers....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think it's now reasonable to expect the worst.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

Well, that's it. I'm sparking up and waiting to see the fireworks. Sorry, folks but I would say on a scale of one to ten the pucker factor just hit 11!

Can anyone see a positive outcome (I'm using this term tentatively)?
If so please tell me how this thing doesn't go boom in one way or another.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You're right. It was a valiant and courageous effort in the face such an event. I wanted to be an engineer so I could make things safer but when this all happened on Friday the arrogance of that thought really sank in. What more could they have done? Honestly. I hope we all remember their names in the future.

I would like to add a question. But why are they still down playing the spent-fuel pools? I sh#t you not, an idiot/expert on the radio just told a caller that all a "criticality" would mean is it getting hot and everything is still "under control." Seriously, WTF?

Why keep covering it up, now? Do we have to wait for everyone in Japan to die first so as not to panic them?
Seriously, what harm could/would they do if told the truth.

edit on 15-3-2011 by utsaME because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
6.0 quake just hit eastern Japan again.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

source?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

Google is your friend ...
www.rttnews.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Just an off the wall thought.....

I was thinking today what a terrible coincidence Japan had nuclear bombs dropped and now this melt down problem.

Then I thought coincidences are unlikely.

If you think about it TEPCO and Japan in general were pretty negligent in the design of these plants. They knew there was a chance of an earthquake higher than 7.00.

But for the life of me I can’t think of why they would want to keep Japan radiated.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The good thing is that this will not and can not turn into a "Chernobyl" style event. Even throwing in the white flag and running away will not produce the fear inducing predictions most folks who are ignorant of how the plants operate are making.

There will be radiation release. It will suck. It will not be nearly as big as you see reported and there will be no lasting effects of any real consequence.

Watt for watt, nuclear power is still the safest and most environmentally friendly mass produced form of power we can have. It's simple math, if you can't grasp what I am saying here you probably can't balance your own checkbook.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Please spare me your BS. We're toying with stuff that we ultimately cannot control. And just for factual accuracy: how many reactors were in Chernobyl and how many are at the Japanese facility ... ? This could be far worse than Chernobyl!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Please spare me your ignorance. You have no idea how these things work, so you just have the basic knee-jerk reaction to it that most ignorant people would have.

I will be proven right, no matter how bad you hear about it on the news or how many posts you read on some conspiracy board. It will take some time (a year or so) for me to be proven right, and during that time ignorant people like you will be fed lines of total BS that you will freak out about and parrot without thought. But after the dust settles folks like you will never admit your ignorance, you will be too busy using your ignorance to freak out about something else entirely. Just look through the forums here on ATS alone. FILLED with examples of what I am talking about.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Please, provide sources for your claims that it is the safest and cleanest energy we have. I'm pretty sure that the safest and cleanest energy source we have is human labor. It saddens me that we don't understand that we only freed the slaves because oil is less complacent. It's this kind of thinking that explains why we don't have jobs. Sure, one gallon of gas is equal to a full year or more of my labor. But I represent a net zero equation as I am part of nature and clearly my car or power-plant or whatever is not.

And how exactly can't this become a Chernobyl? Besides the beginning circumstances once a full meltdown has occurred these events became indistinguishable at the point of criticality. The key difference is the sheer magnitude of material. Fukushima has a 20 year store of used fuel on location, Chernobyl was still being tested at the time of the event and the last two reactors weren't finished.

On a side note: has anyone heard anything about pool 7 at Daichi? This would be the stand alone spent-fuel pool I'm referring to.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I see where you're going but we are talking about 500,000 soldiers removing the fuel rods by hand, digging a tunnel under the reactor to prevent the core from falling further, etc. (Chernobyl) The last I heard the crew left Fukushima a couple hours ago. I am not saying this goes the worst possible route but it will be worse than Chernobyl by a lot even in the best case.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by utsaME
reply to post by General.Lee

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. Checkout some of the Tangusca (please forgive spelling) and Yellowstone threads.
The earthquake storm seems to be a global phenomenon not a local one. -My conjecture only-

Interesting because there is a sister thread to this discussing about the USGS covering up earthquakes since Friday.
edit on 15-3-2011 by utsaME because: typo

Could you perhaps give a link to the thread on USGS cover-ups? Searching for it wasn't working for some reason.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

Please spare me your ignorance. You have no idea how these things work, so you just have the basic knee-jerk reaction to it that most ignorant people would have.

I will be proven right, no matter how bad you hear about it on the news or how many posts you read on some conspiracy board. It will take some time (a year or so) for me to be proven right, and during that time ignorant people like you will be fed lines of total BS that you will freak out about and parrot without thought. But after the dust settles folks like you will never admit your ignorance, you will be too busy using your ignorance to freak out about something else entirely. Just look through the forums here on ATS alone. FILLED with examples of what I am talking about.

Sorry guy. I dont buy it. I've been monitoring many websites, MSM, and ATS since this all began. Truth is I've gotten news here 5, 10, 15 mins in advance before MSM even mentions it. Some bits of info have been found here even hours before it has "officially" been release. Some stuff that is obviously way far out there but anyone with any basic reasoning skills can see through most of that. There is a network of people here; engineers, scientists, who knows what else on this site that really do care. There are also leaks that people hear about and post here and other places. Sure we have to take their word for it sometimes but I find that idea no crazier than taking govts word for it. Furthermore in particular in this case a power company that has proven time and time again to be liars.Then there are the normal folk like me. Who just try to take it all in and deceide for myself what is truth. From multiple sources. Web, MSM, ect. If you think ATS is all BS then why are you here???
We are the strongest network that is out there. The people all around the world on the web getting out news. I think that has been proven in recent past days during world changing events.

Skynet is online....WE are skynet.....
I think I just scared myself....hahahaha

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by utsaME

I see where you're going but we are talking about 500,000 soldiers removing the fuel rods by hand, digging a tunnel under the reactor to prevent the core from falling further, etc. (Chernobyl) The last I heard the crew left Fukushima a couple hours ago. I am not saying this goes the worst possible route but it will be worse than Chernobyl by a lot even in the best case.

Yes, well considering that once you can't cool anything down or control the meltdowns, once you have a leak in a container (that quite frankly could have been there since the quakes and tsunami) emitting deadly radiation, you can't cool them down. This is many times worse than Chenobyl.

By the way, I cannot believe that there were crew in there. They would have collapsed with blood coming out of them. Governments would have yanked them out very fast, not sent them in and called them brave kamikaze's. I don't understand what has been told for the past day, it doesn't make any sense at all. I think there have been a lot of lies being told.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I think there have been a lot of lies being told.

That pretty much sums it up for me, we are being lied to about the real levels of radiation until they can't supress it anymore, and that may continue, 20 years after Chernobyl you could get pretty good information about it, but not much before that. Look at the history of nuclear emergencies vs. the press coverage and "official story" at the time of the disaster. They always lie and engage in cover-ups of this sort of incident, standard procedure. Nobody knows for sure outside of those brave plant workers who have been evacuated at last, for better or worse.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join