It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learn from the Japanese

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Here we have a Nation being ripped apart by a natural disaster and these people have entire towns gone and populations missing and they are showing more strength and courage than any other nation in the world.
I see people on here trying to get involved by writing fear mongering headlines about radiation and fallout and how they should be worried for their lives....but do you see the Japanese doing that...No...we see them being stoic and showing great resolve....they are trying to come to grips with a horrible situation and they are facing yet more catastrophe in the face of their reactors...losing power and heating.
But do we see them out on the streets looting...trying to take advantage of their neighbors ,,,,trying to go out and harm others to get what they need...No we see them showing strength beyond belief...we see them trying to dealwith things in a calm and unbelievably cool mannor even though they are suffering great losses of loved ones and all their personal belongings and i see people on ATS trying to use sensationalism to grab their own bit of glory from their demise....those of you who are out there doing this should be ashamed and should take a example from these people who are full on facing the crisis head on with more dignity than one could believe was possible.
My thoughts, love, and prayers go out to each and every one in Japan who are caught up in this Crisis.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I wanted to find place to express my sadness at what has happened and your thread seems the best.

I have been looking at the pictures of the devastation and it actually makes me shudder. It's a very hard thing to look at from the other side of the world, let alone live through.

That poor man who spent two days drifting on the roof of what was his house after his wife had been swept away... it's hard to imagine the depth of his sorrow.

Words will never be an adequate response, but if it helps in any way for the people to know how much sympathy and support they have throughout the world then it will be worth expressing our feelings.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Well those words are very encouraging and heartfelt and i applaud you on your kind words as that i think is more of what these people need right now...as i too feel their losses are tremendous and they are showing such resolve i can only hope for them and pray that they get through all the hardships that they are facing during this time.
I wish and hope i can show the strength that i see these people showing...i heard a story of a 74yr old woman who had lost her husband 100days earlier and now she has lost her house and all her belongings and all she was searching for in the debris was The Medals her husband had been given during his time served in WW2.
edit on 043131p://f02Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
On some sites you see lots of posts about the near future. Even in you dont believe in 2012, there will be chaos, looting , blind panic s the date draws near.
Very many posts deal with the question of how to arm yourself against the violence that will take plce. How many weapons you need etc.

The Japanese are showing us now another way of coping with disaster and panic.

I hope they will stay that way, the best way to overcome everything.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by notsosunny

Your so right....they are definately showing us another way to deal with disaster....and if 2012 is something and this is yet another sign of what is to come then i sure hope people will take this Japanese example to heart and learn there is another way to deal with such things other than the use of violence.....
May we all learn from their ability to cope with such catastrophe.
People need to remember this is not some third world country that does not have things...they have all the modern conviences and they could be looting and taking and robbing from the shops because god knows they need the supplies but they are showing great patients and resolve....
KUDOS to them all.....may they please come through this nightmare intact.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b38c1610a6db.jpg[/atsimg]

Dear Japanese People.
You are a wonderful people, resilient, and long suffering. Your patient and calm example inspires us. It makes us pray for you, and have compassion on you in your suffering.
Forget the cars, forget the houses, forget the boats, and all material things. It is mere material. Yet it is the human relationships that matter most, which are coming to the fore now as shining examples of love, self sacrifice and endurance.

good read

edit on 053131p://f23Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

Explanation: S&F!

Bumping this for Love and Justice!

Personal Disclosure: I'm so glad I searched 1st .... because I was going to make a very similar thread and now I don't have to do the hard yards.

new topics

top topics

join