It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spread a little.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Happiness

edit on 14/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

In these dark times, it's time to remind your self of the things that make you smile

Please hug someone you love today.

I can't and I wish I could.

edit on 14/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: edit required

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ye mean spread?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Cheers Cheshire grinning cat man

Did you know I heard 2011 is a Karmic year?

Time to smile!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Spread a little happiness...

Couldn't agree more...as a matter of fact, we should spread some on the Off Topic forum by moving this thread there.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I just got a U2U saying this thread has been 404'd!!!

But here it is, strange things afoot!!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Thats because you double posted it

Karmic year?

What year isn't a Karmic year? What second for that matter ?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Hi bud here is a hug. Don't take any offense that I'm a guy because I don't fly that way. Anyway I agree lets smile while we can.

God bless..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That is very true, I just heard that 2011, is like the last Friday of the month!

PAYDAY!

And we'd all been on performance related pay, and we didn't know it.

Interesting thought.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Hey pal, sorry to hear about that.. Nice video you've found there though. I agree, I think its important to treat loved ones as if its your last day every day. Not in a melodramatic sense, but if you want to hug them then hug them, if they mean a lot to you, remind them. And never ever leave on bad terms, its not worth it.

In reality, we each have very few people in our lives that truly would be there for us no matter what - that do not judge us as much as they care for us. It is important to treat these people with the adequate respect, not only do they deserve it but this compassion will be returned manifold.

It is also important to treat all humans with a sense of compassion, even if it is slightly more reserved. If a homeless guy asks you for change and you can spare it, spare it. What makes no difference to you can make a large difference to someone else. The 'oh he's just going to spend it on drink, I'm going to do him a favour and refuse to feed his addiction' argument doesn't stand up.

a) it is wrong to assume that it is the person's fault that they are homeless - nobody would be homeless by choice.
b) this person has nowhere to sleep tonight, its -10 degrees and its going to rain. They have nobody that cares for them enough to provide them with shelter and have no job prospects, no housing prospects, no family, nothing. They really lost out in life. If I was in that situation, I would drink - its too cold not to and theres nothing else to provide them with comfort. Kudos to those that don't. But saying 'no, I wont fuel his/her addiction' is a cop-out, its double greedy - not only are you refusing to part with cash you can spare, but you use this selfishness to try to make yourself look/feel better.

I can't imagine having to literally resort to begging, everyone that passes you lies to you through their teeth 'oh sorry I dont have any change' and you know 1 in 50 people must have some change to spare. Don't want to sound preachy, just was thinking about this the other day. I'd hate to be in that situation.

True charity is a constant thing - the whole point of it is that you sacrifice something to provide someone else with some more happiness. If you can afford it, tip people, give homeless people change and treat them with dignity. Also, never throw clothes away!

Anyway point is, no need to love everyone but respect them. As Stevie Ray said, the same people that have been kicked for so long when they're down would be the first to pick you back up again when you're down. The only thing you leave this world with is love.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Happiness can be spread so many ways. Hugs don't have to be with arms. They are "transmitted" in other ways too. I have three adult kids and every morning, I still get up to make their breakfasts. My eldest daughter takes a thermosful of tea to school with her. She calls it her "all-day cupful of hugs". It's not the same if she makes it herself.

I have a 15-year-old daughter as well. I count her as an adult, but she's still a teenager in the sense that I can't hug her in public. So I simply quietly whisper to her that "I'm hugging you right now." She always smiles. Hugs are always welcome but perceptions can alter their comfortable reception.

My son is the eldest. He still hugs me frequently and wholeheartedly. He always has, even as a teenager but no less so as a young adult.

My ex-husband cannot hug nor be hugged. Any physical contact is quite too much for him. He's from a culture where physical closeness is virtually discouraged. Even a small touch of another person is tantamount to assault. My eldest daughter was called out many times in daycare for hugging other kids. The teachers told her and us that it makes the other children uncomfortable. What sort of people are we breeding?

So I'm hugging you all wholeheartedly, each infused with love and appreciation for being who you are. Be the best you you can be. Your hugs are golden. Remember that hugs you give others are hugs for yourself too, because we're all reflections of each other.

Spread happiness through concrete action, it means more than passive acknowledgment.
edit on 15/3/2011 by CosmicEgg because: to edit?

new topics

top topics

join