It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moldavite and it's benefit to you!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: kodasaufa

Electroplated moldavite? It sound interestingly. I have never seen it. Could you take a photo?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutmoldavites

The moldavite decided to be with someone else. Literally it flew out of my hands into another. Didn't even ask for anything in return. But if I want more I got a friend who runs a shop not even a mile from here.
www.amethystlight.com...

But my moldavite looked like this below but it didn't have any pendant attachment. Just the gold on the edges. It is said the gold will further enhance the already powerful properties of moldavite.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Article about unfair practices of moldavite sellers:
read on aboutmoldavites.com
(www.aboutmoldavites.com...)

a reply to: youthsavior

edit on 5-4-2015 by aboutmoldavites because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Hardness of moldavites on Mohs scale is between 6.5 - 7.

Source and guide how to tell real / fake moldavites

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Can you say PLACEBO?
(And yeah, every teenager considers himself 'Enlightened' as soon as he stops peeing the bed!
Yawn...
If vain claims were pennies...

I realize that I am in the middle of a 'mineralogical tent meeting', but;
Moldavite is glass!
Like obsidian.
If you grind it up and insert it in your anus, it changes you into a person with ground rock glass in your butt!
If your religion is rocks, have fun.

I never needed an excuse to pick up a pretty rock and bring it home.
But if I did, I guess 'healing properties' is as good as any! *__-

edit on 19-3-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

It is technically a meteorite that came from outer space!!

Moldavite is a beautiful material, but it is not a meteorite, and is not a gem.
It is glass.

It is caused by an impact event and is molten silica glass from terrestrial crustal material melted by the extreme pressure of the meteor strike. Like most other tektites, but is in a purer form, much like Lybian desert glass and Darwin glass.

No meteorites have been associated with them because most were vaporized upon impact. If some do exist, we do not know which may have been associated with the glass spray that they represent. Most scientists associate them with the German Reis crater structure.

Although they are the result of a cosmic impact, they are glass, not unlike what a beer bottle is made from.

I guess you could make up all sorts of lore about "powers" and "healing properties", however you would be worshiping the same material that represents all of our windows and glassware... Silica... Sand from planet Earth.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Bu..bu..bu..but CRYSTALS! They're all sciency somehow, and are associated with neat words like FREQUENCY! That gives them powers!

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Don't get me wrong, they are beautiful, but not crystals either. Molten glass shards.
Moldavite has a nice ripply surface which make them glisten. They are very valuable, especially in larger sizes.

I collect and sell them myself. I was at the Tuscon Mineral and Gem show this year, and there were some of the best specimens there that I have ever seen. Still, you have to understand that they are not crystals, not gems, not meteorites. But sciency? definitely.
edit on 19-3-2016 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join