It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLEASE PEOPLE... Please Stay On Topic & Focused!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I chose ATS over all the rest of the "conspiracy" sites for several reasons. Mainly, because people HERE AT ATS treat each other with respect, with dignity and with a true attitude of "sharing information for a greater good".

Well, that was the case until the damn earthquake hit Japan. With tsunamis and possible meltdowns adding to the already disturbing crisis.

There has been thread after thread after thread started on many of the various issues we are ALL concerned with. Many of these threads are filled with a wealth of information, both good and bad. These are threads that so many of us go to, in order to find answers and seek the truths.

I value opinions and we are ALL entitled to share them. But what drives me absolutely MAD is the constant bickering and arguing that fill up WAY TOO MANY pages within these threads!!!

The Mods & Admins of this site work extremely hard, and pretty damn quick... to remove the nonsense. And I thank each and every one of you for doing that!! However... they have their work cut out for them. Especially during times like these, where new threads are constantly being created.

If you feel the need to insult, berate, belittle and act like a child, please take it to a U2U. Or better yet... go do it on one of those "other" sites, where that behavior seems to be welcomed and relished in.

If you have a differing opinion from an OP or from another poster in a thread, and feel you have something relevant to contribute, then please do! State your case, share your sources, and remain on topic. It is absolutely ridiculous that anyone has to scroll through a continuous 5 pages of "bickering & insults", before they find something that contains pertinent information on the subject at hand.

We are all stressed out with the current times. We are all seeking information, ideas, theories, etc. And we are all seeking the truth. Please show respect for each other in these public discussions.

Thank you for listening to my rant. I really needed to get that out.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud
I chose ATS over all the rest of the "conspiracy" sites for several reasons. Mainly, because people HERE AT ATS treat each other with respect, with dignity and with a true attitude of "sharing information for a greater good".

Well, that was the case until the damn earthquake hit Japan. With tsunamis and possible meltdowns adding to the already disturbing crisis.

There has been thread after thread after thread started on many of the various issues we are ALL concerned with. Many of these threads are filled with a wealth of information, both good and bad. These are threads that so many of us go to, in order to find answers and seek the truths.

I value opinions and we are ALL entitled to share them. But what drives me absolutely MAD is the constant bickering and arguing that fill up WAY TOO MANY pages within these threads!!!

The Mods & Admins of this site work extremely hard, and pretty damn quick... to remove the nonsense. And I thank each and every one of you for doing that!! However... they have their work cut out for them. Especially during times like these, where new threads are constantly being created.

If you feel the need to insult, berate, belittle and act like a child, please take it to a U2U. Or better yet... go do it on one of those "other" sites, where that behavior seems to be welcomed and relished in.

If you have a differing opinion from an OP or from another poster in a thread, and feel you have something relevant to contribute, then please do! State your case, share your sources, and remain on topic. It is absolutely ridiculous that anyone has to scroll through a continuous 5 pages of "bickering & insults", before they find something that contains pertinent information on the subject at hand.

We are all stressed out with the current times. We are all seeking information, ideas, theories, etc. And we are all seeking the truth. Please show respect for each other in these public discussions.

Thank you for listening to my rant. I really needed to get that out.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-3-2011 by aytacaksel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Have you realized that no one is referring to the prophecies made by many of the Japan's tsunami, Infact I couldn't find anything on google about it too... but when I searched in detail I found that there are references of prophecies that say an extreme version of this event but its there...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I completely agree! There's not enough focus on here. It's like this one time, I had this dog, and no matter how many times I showed him how to sit, he just wouldn't focus. Speaking of focus, Ford Focus has one of the best MPGs this year, ain't that a daisy!? Daisies. . .you know, I can not wait for spring!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What you described is pretty common on ATS as on other sites. When the Arizona shooting happened, there were tons of threads on the same topic, tons of bickering and arguing, etc. etc. Same with the Middle East crisis. Topics sweep away old topics and become the norm until news topic pop up. Nothing new. I understand your point. On some topics, I really get into it then people start arguing and derail the thread but that's what happens on a forum.
edit on 14-3-2011 by DevilJin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Seriously though. . .I tried that a while ago, and everybody just ignored it. I wish you luck though.

Second line will never cease. Folds and folds upon a crease. Chattering birds on a wire of light, bid Second Line a sweet good night!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Ahhh... thank you for the laugh, Divine Strake!!! You have no idea how much I needed that.

2nd line..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
What you described is pretty common on ATS as on other sites. When the Arizona shooting happened, there were tons of threads on the same topic, tons of bickering and arguing, etc. etc. Same with the Middle East crisis. Topics sweep away old topics and become the norm until news topic pop up. Nothing new. I understand your point. On some topics, I really get into it then people start arguing and derail the thread but that's what happens on a forum.
edit on 14-3-2011 by DevilJin because: (no reason given)

I agree with you. I suppose sometimes I like to believe that a little reminder can be a good thing and people will take notice and react. But then there are those who truely get off, so to speak, by being able to hide behind their computer screens, unleashing themselves in ways they never would if someone were standing in front of them.

I can still wish though!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Your utopian vision of ATS being the epitome of sensible argument, debate and discussion would, in reality, make this site as dull as dishwater! I wonder how quickly you'd get bored of the place if everyone conformed to your exacting standards?.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Oh... so now you're going to thread stalk me? Really?

I asked you to provide a SOURCE in the thread you created. You still have not done that. And considering the recent posts made over and over by the site admins/mods in numerous threads, stating in fact that sources need to be listed due to DMCA violations, perhaps you should go re-read the terms & service and learn something.

And since you are thread stalking me, I dare you to go into all the other threads that I post regularly in and tell me again that I don't contribute facts. Oh... and my SOURCES.

You got bent because I asked for a source, then several others appeared and requested the same thing. Go troll somewhere else.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

so how can we all make sense this site is full of alien conspiacy peoples this is not a martha stewart workshop u just need to not focus so hard or try and find an actual real science website this is fun at its best u will solve little to no real ahhgeese i dunno butdont focus like a laser beam it may help u

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sid1314

i make prophecys all the time im not a profit im a pessismist there is a difference i should start typing mie maybe i could start a cult or something

top topics

join