It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW Nuke Reactor Picture, not being shown (yet) on MSM!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This picture appears to be recent (after the last explosion). After studying, (and I am no expert mind you), there is NO WAY the Japanese Government is telling us even anything remotely resembling the "truth" regarding materials being ejected into the air-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40b28e4121fc.jpg[/atsimg]

Source

Why aren't they sharing this one all over MSM?!?!?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It's actually already been shown on CNN a few times, and if you tune in now they just showed it... again.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I just saw this picture on CNN and it is a satellite image from space. I'm with you on Japan not telling it like it is though !

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I just saw that exact picture on CNN right now also. Whats different about this picture other than it being from an aerial view?

edit on 14-3-2011 by matrixportal because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2011 by matrixportal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The pic has already got a thread of its own

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let's try and keep all this info/pics to the main threads and not start new threads for every new picture and piece of info that emerges

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The right hand wants you to be afraid, while the left hand wants you to not ask questions.

I don't like this at all. As a Californian, the jet stream appears to have us in it's cross-hairs.

Is this like, a tiny bit of radiation that might show up as a dot on my back when I'm 70 - or should I be putting gas in my car and taking a visit South/East (Before my teeth fall out)?

edit on 14-3-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

link   
CNN staff must be on ATS, because that exact same photo, exact size was shown on CNN moments ago, and it was in a web browser.

Number 3 looks like it was completely blown apart, but from reports reactor number 2 is in a partial meltdown, and looks undamaged in that photo.

Amazing image, nonetheless.

link   

Originally posted by Curio

Let's try and keep all this info/pics to the main threads and not start new threads for every new picture and piece of info that emerges

How about we let the moderators and super moderators make those decisons.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If you zoom in very close you can see that there is debris laying on top of something. I imagine this is the reactor casing. Sadly the lighting and the smoke don't allow for a better investigation using remote sensing methods. The oblique on the picture is such that you can't see in past maybe 10-15% of the remaining building height.

Comparing it to the neighboring buildings of similar (assumed) nature it looks about maybe 20% of the building has either collapsed, been blown away, or was vaporized in the explosion. Given a better angle (more from above) you could likely refine it and see the status of the reactor casing or judge how much material is laying on it.

With pictures like these you need to find people who have experience in remote sensing analysis. I had some training a few years ago, but this is the limit of my abilities. Usually your county planning office has someone with either more experience or better training which could do a better analysis of this. Save that, go to a local university's Geography department and ask for anyone who focuses on Remote Sensing. They may be able to help you get a better photo of this spot if it exists.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Thanks.

What decisions? Whether to create a duplicate of an already unnecessary thread?

I was just trying to be helpful.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Steam maybe?

I was under the impression they're pumping gallons of water into the coolants??

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
the truth is slowly being told as to what is going there www.msnbc.msn.com... from link "Fuel rods likely melting at third Japanese reactor
Water levels drop at plant's Unit 2, following similar developments at Units 1, 3" and now there are saying a 4th one is doing the same thing www.ndtv.com... from link on the 13th of march just now hearing of this??? [ex]Japan earthquake: Nuclear crisis spreads to fourth plant is this really worse that what they say, or what we are being told?
edit on 14-3-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

they were but it failed, seem that thee is a leak some where in the system broken pipe and if so where is the water going?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
That very same picture is on the front page of my local newspaper this morning. Once again, no conspiracy required. I don't care for the MSM either, but I see little reason to accuse them of "not telling us" when this pic is plastered all over the world with hours of its release.
edit on 3/14/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Thanks.

Actually they're right, when I posted this thread, I had not seen this picture, and I don't want to "muddy the waters" so to speak, I posted the pic on the relevant Japanese threads also...

Maybe this picture is The ATS Effect in action!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Existing thread here:

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join