It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RADIATION LEVELS specific readings thread

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by onyx718
reply to post by getreadyalready

maybe malfunctions of some kind in the readings? i dunno, but again i hardly think it would be anythign to do with the situation unless the radiation hopped over the entire coast and decided denver was good enough

Not to mention a radioactive plume would take between 3-5 days to cross the Pacific (slowly being dispersed), before it reached Denver...

Any radiation monitoring we do now will be useless until a few days have passed.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well at least ALL the reactors at the site are now in meltdown, which will mean no more of those pesky
surprises!

Things are looking up

Always wanted and extra nard anyhow

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
Well at least ALL the reactors at the site are now in meltdown, which will mean no more of those pesky
surprises!

Things are looking up

Always wanted and extra nard anyhow

Finally, positive spin!

Everything is coming up Milhouse...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The numbers we're seeing so far aren't due to Japan - it's typical background radiation. Normal is typically 5-60 CPM.

I'm assuming it might go up or down depending on the work day... machinery, more cars, less cars, polution levels in the air, etc? No idea if it affects these numbers.

If we start seeing over 100 in California, Oregon, Washington, Canada (if they had any geigers) then I'd start worrying.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

Up to 56 now, and the website says 5 to 60 are normal ranges. 130 is cause for alarm.

Depending on your location within the US, your elevation or altitude, and your model of Geiger counter, this background radiation level might average anywhere from 5 to 60 CPM

I dont' think it is necessarily linked to Japan, I just find it interesting that it is spiking compared to the rest of the day. It could easily be a local source. Perhaps a laser, or a microwave or someone that just had a nuclear stress test. No telling, but I think we should keep watching.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I also noticed there were two in Denver area all day, and each time I noticed the southern one was 10-15 CPM lower than the northern. Now this location has been higher... could just be typical for that location.

It's nice we have some eyes on this! I can tell you it was a relief when I saw a lowely 37 when I first went to the site today. Really nice to know our local levels!

edit on 14-3-2011 by Thermo Klein because: typo typo

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Up to 63 now.. I have to go to bed. I wish I could get screen captures periodically to see if there are any trends. Denver is more than double what it averaged earlier in the day. I'm not saying it is related to Japan, but I wonder what is affecting that reading?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Not to mention a radioactive plume would take between 3-5 days to cross the Pacific (slowly being dispersed), before it reached Denver...

Any radiation monitoring we do now will be useless until a few days have passed.

That is assuming they didn't lie, and the first explosion didn't release any radioactivity above safe levels. If it did, then 3 days from Japan to U.S westcooast is...hmmm....now.

OP, I think you might find the levels being produced by the 4 reactors, of very great (and worrying) interest.
edit on 14-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

There's a reading in vancouver actually which is 9 according to the site, nice news to me seeing as that's where I am

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

if it DID make landfall though, I'm just saying I would find these normal readings at least a little encouraging that it does dissipate in transit.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Denver now 67 and Washington State now at 40. Denver has risen from 22 earlier today, to 51 about 30 minutes ago, to 67 now? 5 to 60 are normal. So what is going on there?

ETA
Now, 55. This is probably one of those things you shouldn't sit and watch, LOL! I'm going to bed, and I'll check it in the morning.
edit on 14-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Radiation levels in Saitama near Tokyo 40 times normal levels: Kyodo quoting local government

This is not nlooking good any more info on this ?
live.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

i think it has to be just normal fluctiation because vancouver has dropped from 13 to 8

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Here is a wind direction map for Japan from this thread.......www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just gave the link since the OP brought this to ATS......just giving him credit...........

Good news from looking at these winds......they are moving East......untill the cold front moves through.....

Also read that the French embassy is saying the low level radiation will reach Tokyo in 10 hours.....

UPDATE: Radiation already being detected in Tokyo

english.kyodonews.jp...
edit on 14-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
for everyones information.

3,000 cpm per mR/hr. It should be noted that this correlation between count rate and exposure rate for the cesium (or any other gamma emitter that is used)

1 Sv = 100 rem
1 mSv = 100 mR (mrem)
1 Gy = 100 rad
1mGy = 100 mrad

1 rem = .01 Sv
1 mR = .01 mSv
1 rad = .01 Gy
1 mrad = .01 mGy

If you are not lost yet let me know i can confuse you more

edit on 14-3-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
1 Sv = 100 rem
1 mSv = 100 mR (mrem)
1 Gy = 100 rad
1mGy = 100 mrad

1 rem = .01 Sv
1 mR = .01 mSv
1 rad = .01 Gy
1 mrad = .01 mGy

If my uncle's step-brother's former roomate's ex-wife, who was contimated with 100 mR, left Chicago going West for 4 hours, losing 10 Gy per hour, what Sv would she be at when she arrived in Denver??

11:15 pm PDT 14Mar11
Van - 14
Sea - 24
SF - 23
Phx - 21
Den - 52/25

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

3 stars for you tonight funny guy

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
If we start seeing over 100 in California, Oregon, Washington, Canada (if they had any geigers) then I'd start worrying.

Agreed- except California Is On the Grid

and the offline network is watching very closely.

When Pigs Fly in Red Boots, Orbitz knows...
edit on 15-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
HTTP 404 error on the real-time link now

Hopefully it's just overloaded and will be back soon!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It's back!! yeah

Radiation Network

They changed the link, it's now just www.radiationnetwork.com

edit on 15-3-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join