The New Revolution: Part 3

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thank you to those who continue to maintain interest in this presentation. I have provided a link to the 2 previous sections below for your concideration
The New Revolution: Part 1
The New Revolution: Part 2
as well as within my signiture.
This, the final section of my presentation will provide a possible solution to the issues addressed inthe previous sections, as well as some additional information in thier regards. My hope is that people will concider these words and discuss/debate them with me and others in a reasonable manner so that WE can begin to move forward and effect true and lasting change in our society both in the Unites Sates and around the globe. Through out the reading i have provided links to sources for the information i provide. I strongly suggest that these links be reviewed and Always do additional research for your own perspective when you feel it necessary.
Thank You

The New Revolution
Section 3: A conventional solution: Free for all: Afterwords: A Change of pace

A CONVENTIONAL SOLUTION:

Where to begin....

They say that one man can make a difference, but in this case a difference is no longer sufficient and one man cannot make this change alone, to even make an attempt to do so would only result in the same type of Tyranny and repression that America has been fighting for since its birth. This change must come from each and every one of us, only then would any change have a lasting effect.
In addition there are far too many people who feel that they have something to lose. Too many in a position of power who would be unwilling to make the simple, meager sacrifices that would be necessary to ensure that our nation and our freedoms will stand for another 250 years. To note, it is these same people who force sacrifice upon the public. When budgets are cut it is the children of our nation who suffer the most. Instead of cutting back Pork Barrel spending, or Earmarks or top secret spending, rather the cuts from healthcare and education programs.

In this day and age, issues that affect our society only seem to further the division of that society. It seems as though we have all distanced ourselves from these issues and in effect from society as a whole. We have collectively turned a blind eye to the issues, and it is now time for us to confront the "elephant in the room" head on and work together to resolve them so that future generations are free to direct their collective energies and resources to better humanity.

The example of September 11th should be one of how not to react, not only in military terms or politics, but in the way we deal with each other on a personal level. Since that day our society has been so consumed with grief and anger and focused on the fear and vengeance that is continuously fed to us. As these emotions have continued to grow they have blinded us.We act like a civilized society, try to pretend that we are not sad or afraid but we are only lying to ourselves, which has made it easier for our government to lie to us and perpetuate an unjust war, and as some would put "FALSE" war.
Even today our emotions continue to be played upon and taken advantage of, we were looking for a distraction and we allowed our reality to be distorted with what our leaders knew to be lies and half-truths and our blind primal desire for vengeance, was used to deceive us and others throughout the world. It was a cross roads at which we chose the wrong path and yet, many of us did not have a choice, and still fewer of us did anything to stop it...Thankfully i believe that we still can. I believe that once we unite together and decide to make a change in our society, not only can we stop the needless destruction, but we can repair the damage we have done and make the whole world stronger.

How many of us were sitting in front of our television sets awaiting "Shock and Awe" Like it were a Sunday afternoon football game, All just to perpetuate the lies and secure the bottom line.Now please, do not misunderstand my words or my emotions. I am an American, and proud of it, and as such i firmly believe that we do things as a whole. If you choose not act, that is your right, but as an American you are still responsible for the actions.For a long time I wanted to avoid that fact, tried very hard in fact to do so. Because of my beliefs as early as the age of 18(1994), I made every effort to separate myself from society, so that i wouldn’t have to be associated with the ideas and the events that were taking place. I dropped out of High School, still don’t own a car or house nor do i have a bank account, but i have come to realize that though it was my own way of protesting a system i did not agree with, nor had/have any confidence in, it still only made me part of the problem.

We all choose things in our lives, that IS a freedom granted to us by a higher authority than the laws and words of dead leaders or living. We (as Americans) all choose to live under this representative government, and we all choose whether or not to take part in our "so called" democracy, i say so called because a democracy is a government that is allowed to operate through the will of the people, and that only applies to our government if you consider apathy a form of willing participation. But again I AM an American. A fact i can ignore no more than the sun rising in the sky in the morning, and as such when WE act, whether united or not, the rest of the world only sees one action, by one people.
Though i am also human, and in that manner i accept a greater responsibility to the global community and my hopes, my dream, my support and my prayers are with all. As humans we have a responsibility to show our solidarity and our strength, but in a manner other than violence. We have an obligation to be civilized, to control our emotions and our aggression and to do the right thing.
If that means that we, as humanity, now need to stand up to our leaders and tell them that the violent of history is coming to an end and that they need to stand down or step aside, then let me join with my brothers and sister around the world and declare our freedom and desire for an end to their ways.

It is here i must take a moment to commend the men and women who serve in our armed force. In effect they have given up their freedoms and put their lives on the line in order to preserve ours, and though it is true that i would rather not have to see them make those sacrifices and would rather they be home with their friends and families, they feel that they have a duty to fulfill and i respect that.
So i wish to set all those men and women aside as a shining example for the rest of us, not just in their willingness to stand up for what they believe in, but in their dedication to freedom. They have wholeheartedly lunged forward into the face of fear, and they are in my mind and my heart and my prayers, as i take the next step along my path. THANK YOU...

Thank you for your dedication to freedom, all your selfless sacrifices and the tremendous inspiration you have been to me. It is your collective actions which have led me to some of my beliefs and it is because of your selfless dedication that i have come to realize that there is calling in the human heart.
A yearning desire to do something many would not do, to walk a path many do not even see, a calling from deep in the soul of humanity, to act so profoundly that the people and the world around us would have no choice but to change.I know that taking these next steps will be point of great contention for many and i want to make my feelings known on the matter before there is any confusion.
I can no longer, with good conscience, allow myself, or men and women like those who protect us, to be represented to the world, by an out of control and failing, hypocritical, bureaucracy which is feeding on the very fabric of our freedoms and our lives. I am tired of seeing these men and women who make these sacrifices come home only to be spit on yelled at by ignorant people who don’t understand who direct their anger at.

It is from here, that my dedication to preserving freedom will be known, it is from here that my intentions will be known. This is my point of no return, the point from which i lunge wholeheartedly into the future.This is my courage and my dedication to the preservation of personal freedoms and "inalienable rights". This is my desire and commitment to the truth, not just a literal truth, but that noble calling from within the soul, the truth of a greater purpose not just in life, but of it.

The answer i am about to propose is not one i make with lightly and continue towards with great apprehension and if anyone thinks they can do better or has a different idea then i encourage you to stand as i am let your voice be heard. The answer to my WHAT....

Constitutional Convention

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
The Declaration of Independence

Article. V.
The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.
Constitution of the United States

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Bill of Rights

"In every human Beast, God has implanted a Principle, which we call Love of Freedom; it is impatient of Oppression, and pants for Deliverance." Phillis Wheatley

This idea is a reconsideration of our morals and values in today’s changing world...
A re-iteration of our freedoms and convictions...
A reinstatement of our lives, our liberty and our pursuit of happiness...
A reconstruction of our society and the means by which our society is run...

But most of all, the best opportunity our country has for a true and lasting peace and unity. A chance to work out our differences, resolve the issues and mend the division. No longer can we rely on those who claim to represent us, we must represent ourselves. Only then will we truly be fit to face the world and make great accomplishments. History has shown repeatedly that even the greatest civilization can grow stagnant and those who are unwilling or unable to adapt to changing times become just another part of that history.We as members of a free and open society have the responsibility to see that does not happen if not for ourselves, then for future generations

This leads me to a new question, and an important one...
HOW?

The redundancy of what i am about to tell you may seem to diminsh these words but this IS the only way to accomplish this, WE must VOTE, i would suggest that as soon as the next public vote is made, whether local state or national, the write in ballot be cast for Constitutional Convention. The only other option is to start now, a campaign to have that option placed on the ballot and i fear that the impediments to that being accomplished may be overwhelming, i wouldnt even know where to start.If some one could provide some input or information on that it would be most helpful as i am dedicated to this cause and would be more than willing to follow that path. But even in the event that there is an option on the next election ballots for a Constitutional Convention we would still need to motivate the mass of American people to go out and actually vote as well as overcome the electoral college. In the 2008 elections [cite] roughly 1/3 of the US population voted, thats sad...
How can we motivate more people to join in and take responsibility for thier country? I beleive the issues at hand, when brought to light will be enough. Then the American people can take the rerigns and begin to guide the country back to the right path.

Then i would have to ask how can we bring our country close enough that we would be able to sit down and talk in a civilized manner, about more than lasts night television episode or the latest fashion or celebrity trends. I simply feel that when a divisive society disputes amongst itself its very existence and the ability for others to exist then not only is a change inevitable but necessary.

As I have said before, this is not something that one man can achieve, it will need to be undertaken by all and decided upon by all. If any such idea is to be respected and accomplished, the outcome would rely on the consensus of the people.Now obviously we can all sit in the same room to discuss these issues, there would have to be delegates (NOT politicians [all past/current/prospective politicians should be barred] due to unneeded and unwanted influences) *not that these people should not have a say in the government that guides them, just that they have had their chances and failed every time, time for some fresh ideas.
There are also issues within this idea that would require much deliberation in itself.
Representation: who would represent how many? and for how long?
Location: Given the sheer number of Americans (approx. 308 million+) it might be best to hold in stages, first locally between town, city, and county lines. Here the population would be able to formulate ideas for preceding’s and for issues to be discussed, then it could move to state collaboration more attention would paid to the number and quality of those representing the people, and then finally it could move to a nation convention.
Then there are the issues that would be addressed, the enumeration of which is impossible for me to achieve without knowing which issues you take to heart.Be it the disastrous effects of fractional reserve banking, with money that has no real backing, or whether or not you can smoke in your own home. Whether it’s the revisionist history, that is taught in our schools or, if our schools have the proper funding and resources to teach such lies and half-truths.
One overall issue which is important to me is my hope that life and liberty be restored to its former glory.Over time many changes have been made to our laws and to the ideals within the Constitution and have blurred the values and freedoms which were intended to be preserved. Whether this idea would entail a recreation entirely or just a reiteration of those ideas and values, it would serve us well to remember what our founding fathers created and "not lose sight of the changes" which ages have produced.
I would love to see issues like government and corporate accountability be addressed, it is taught in our society that "all men are created equal" yet when crimes are committed many people in our society do not receive equal treatment. I would love to see the restoration of the popular vote and the abolishment of the electoral college, as well as the extension of voting rights to all who pay taxes regardless of age...think of the mass of youth who are encouraged to join the workforce and pay taxes, not only on their income but on the goods they purchase with their hard earned money, yet have no say in the laws that guide our country.
This also ties into tax issues that could be addresses as well the financial implications of continuing to receive loans from the federal reserve banks. With the fractional reserve system dragging our country further and further into debt each year, what is the point of paying our taxes, only to have them refunded to us and have some "stimulus" checks thrown in on top of that...only to have our National Debt increase annually.
Where is that money coming from?
Federal Reserve
Fractional Reserve Banking

Then there is the current legislation that governs all this, with massive amounts of pork and private earmarks as already mentioned, as well as the lobbyist influences furthering the problems, which bring us full circle back to the politicians and why they should no longer be allowed to represent anyone. In fact if i had my way a majority of them would be facing charges for their criminal activity...
...including treason.

In the future i hope to see stricter limits on our elected officials, in means of term limits and legislative abilities and i would make it illegal for any representative to receive any payment from special interest groups or lobbyist organizations. In addition the bills and laws would be "required” to be read and understood before any vote was made, and those bills and would NOT be dependent on any other issue, bill or subject. A proposed bill in regards to education should not be dependent on any issue other than education, In addition and understandably difficult, no law should be made to govern the people without the consent of the people.

Then there are the vast numbers of "insert your opinion here" issues...because i could go on for days...It is then, once we have "our house" in order that we could turn our attention to the reform of our foreign policy.Now it is true that these ideas i represent are mine but it is equally true that these ARE issues which NEED to be addressed dealt with. It is also true that these are not my issues alone and there are other issues out there, so feel free (no pun intended) to make your voice and ideas known, not to me but to the rest of the world. Our current government has had ample time to resolve many of the issues our society faces and when it comes down to it, they have barely made an attempt.
Bickering amongst themselves more concerned with political posturing and talking points. The few attempts to resolve the issues, which they have created, have failed miserably...hunger, poverty, homelessness, drug addiction....days people, i could go on for days...It makes me question the intentions of those politicians who think they have the right or ability to resolve the issues of the world when we can’t even resolve them in our own backyard.

My message to all those politicians...your days are now numbered and i look forward to the day when brave men and women of this country stand up for themselves and not only declare that YOURE FIRED, but in some cases YOUR UNDER ARREST....the time has come!

Free for ALL! :

That is the way i feel life should be, in fact the way i believe it was intended. FREE, for all! I do not necessarily mean financially, but more of a sense of how we feel about ourselves and how we treat those around us. Freedom is more than commodity bought and sold for personal gain.
Freedom is more than just a few letters written down on paper, true freedom should be the base and pillar of our morals and the guiding principles of humanity, freedom is something that is felt in the heart and the soul.Above all bottom lines and top dollars, aside from all stereotypes and individual differences, and certainly far from any governmental procedures. It is the way we treat the people around us on a day to day basis. Trust me when i say that any amount of words can be written onto a piece of paper, it doesn’t mean anything though, unless those words represent the way you live your life, so i will dare put a few more words down here...

Tolerance, restraint, and Faith.

Three attributes for which the past few years of my life i learned the value of and have worked hard to make a part of my life and i think that these ideas are a good start to improving either a free society or a small family.
Unfortunately there are too few people in this world who have truly displayed these traits. Even of all the great civilizations of the world, and of all the great leaders amongst them, these seem to be the traits they were all missing. I can also honestly tell you, that while i make an honest effort every minute of every day, it has not always been the case. Within my own history there is evidence of that cycle of violence, and stupidity, and there are things i have done that i am not proud of. I believe that without those influences in my life i would not have come to the understanding of Tolerance, Restraint, and Faith that i have today.

The repercussions of my past have taught me well and i head those lessons so that i may better myself in the future and though i may struggle and stumble along the way i have made a permanent home in my mind and my heart for those values. I have come to understand that violence is for the weak minded and is as deconstructive to that mind as its tools are to the physical world.When a man fights another man, it is difficult to resolve their differences, the deconstructive elements of the violence place mental barriers which are more difficult to overcome than the original catalyst for that violence, but on a larger scale of destruction, the mending process can be lost entirely amidst the stirring of emotions. Each act of violence breeds a response that is by no means equal. When mass acts of "acceptable aggression" and "collateral damages" occur one can only expect anger and fear and retaliation and the cycle continues.

With all that aside...think of how instead of destruction we could use another means of settling our differences, a means which is beneficial to all and works to create unity by embodying a truer sense of constructive values. That is my goal, one united society, not one people or one religion or one race, but a united humanity which embraces all, who choose to govern themselves with an acknowledgment and willingness to accept a greater truth of equality and tolerance.So i say now, "It IS time."

Time for a change and a time for unity and perhaps, recognition of those three important ideals of Tolerance, Restraint and Faith. The understanding of these ideals does not have to be in terms of politics or religion, but in terms which best suit each of your own personal beliefs and morals. This is how i try to live my life and what has led me to the formulation of the ideas in these pages and the courage to present them to you all.
I will say again that i cannot do this alone but i will if I must. Our society is heading down a path of self-destruction and out of my love for freedom and desire to see a united human race i will not stray from the path i am on, I feel led by my heart and my beliefs and i will not give up, but i will gladly accept any help and advice i can get along the way.

Afterwords (More important words to concider) (:

I used to think that when this book was finished i would just make it available and the ideas in the book would take care of themselves, but as i finish these last few pages and prepare to present it you all i have a deeper appreciation for the words with and i feel that there is more pressure on me now. I used to think i could just throw these ideas to the wind and it would take off...but that is not what i want and i am not sure that these words would be effective in that manner. The words in this "book" are far to connected to me emotionally to just be set loose. It would be far too easy for some to misinterpret and for others to pervert. I want them to remain what they are and as i intended them.
This is good but there is more because i am also happy that this new pressure exists, it adds to the reality of the situation and seems to be providing me with addition motivation for me to do the right thing, and it also helps to keep the issues in focus. It’s strange to be honest i never felt this attachment to any of my other works and never imagined i would feel this way once i had finished.

I think it is the passion and the love i have for my country and my family and friend. It has strengthened me inspires me to stay true to my beliefs and the words i have presented. it has also given me a renewed sense of dedication, the only thing in the world i want more, than to see these ideas take root and succeed, is to see all the people worldwide benefit from their success, because i know in my heart and my soul that humanity is capable of this and so much more.In the time that has passed since the inception of this to its completion, i have come to a better understanding of the importance of these words, the power they hold and i have newfound respect for them. For a long time i worked and wrote and the ideas were just thoughts going onto the paper, once i was done, i was able to take my head out of the sand so to speak and when i read the words in their entirety for the first time i was surprised at both the fact that i had completed it, and also the fact that so much of it was inspirational and so many times i was emotionally struck by the words as they seemed to take on a life of their own. Something i rarely experienced during that past 13 years of working on this. In the end i was surprised that all the ideas i had were there but this is not the book i thought i was writing, it is even better, and so am I.

I have also come to the understanding that this task is even more daunting now than it has ever been or seemed. Sometimes when i talk about these ideas to others, either in person or online, i find a great weight is lifted with each conversation. Very rarely do i encounter

people who think this is a bad idea; almost everyone i do talk to about agrees that the reasons are right.
Now it is true that i don’t know and have not talked to everyone, and though i probably never will, i hope to be able to discuss these issues with as many as i can, and are willing. Even the individuals whom i speak with that don’t agree with my means do still agree that there is a problem that needs to be fixed, it makes me wonder how different life could be had i made these ideas public 5 or even 10 years ago.
But have come to accept that 5 or 10 years ago i was not ready for this as i definitely did not have the same sense of responsibility and dedication i have today, and the more time that passes the more i realize that this is my responsibility in the sense that these are my words, but these ideas are also the responsibility of everyone, anywhere who claims to be an American, but even more, it’s the responsibility of every soul in the world who strives for freedom and justice.
I have also come to realize that as an American and as a human, i also have duty to fulfill for my country my friend, family and all the men and women who have given their lives in defense of exactly these ideas throughout history, as well as myself.
No longer can i stand by and watch as crooked politicians and greedy corporations are destroying our freedoms and the lives of thousands, if not millions of lives around the world and further jeopardize the stability of the current global community.
There is far more at stake here than a sense of pride and liberty, there is peace and freedom on the table and the lives of millions are being jeopardized. Because the United States Governments actions only serve to create a deeper and wider rift of hatred in our world, and though that may not be the intention, there is no given indication to the contrary, but this about more than politics, it is about a responsibility we have individuals to all of humanity. We must take responsibility for our "mascots” actions and make things right.
Whether that is an action to better our society or destroy it has always been our decision, through free will. Throughout history violence has always been our only impediment to the true capabilities and aspirations of humanity.
I am going to end this presentation now with some more personal thoughts i had all those years ago, which were included in my original writings and were some of the more coherent thoughts and certainly relate to our current times so i felt that as they are relevant they should be included. Even though some of them, i will admit, seem inflammatory and perhaps even unintelligent they are still true. The section was titled "A Change of Pace" and thinking back it was the beginning of a turning point in my life. One in which i had only just begun to understand the consequences of youth, and while i still struggled with my own identity, i still knew the truth when it struck me.

"A Change of Pace"

Throughout this book i have tended to lend a sense of serenity, and non-violence...
While true i try to hold these ideas personally in my life, my life would not be what it is, without those who choose to fight for freedom that we all cherish...and take for granted.
I also understand that we live in a violent society, in an even more violent world and its only getting worse. The more i try to retract from the ideas of violence the better perspective i have given myself and better understanding of it implementation. The more i embrace a non-violent ideal the more reason i see to conduct violence, though i am trying hard to be better than that, but when i see the world the way it is an instinct rises within me to react. As much as i try to change my life, as tempered and understanding as i think i am, the more spiteful and angry i seem to become towards the problems society face and the people who cause them.

I yearn so badly to be a part of a better society, to make a difference like the men and women who serve in our military or on a police force. The more i witness their valiant sacrifices the more i feel like a useless waste of life, torn between my faith and my country, my tolerance and my spite.
No longer can i sit idly by and watch as young men and women serve humanity with their lives...no longer can i listen to the rhetoric of politicians or the deceit of those who say they are leaders, I must take action. But i am confused...
My instincts tell me to rise and fight, my anger wishes to tear asunder the plights of humanity, but my mind reminds me of my faith and my beliefs...
For the greater part of these writings i have worked intentionally to avoid any religious aspects of my beliefs, but no longer...
If i am to be trusted among those who stand by me they must know my truth s and my beliefs.
As you may be aware my past is scarred with violence and aggression and i have done things which i am not proud of, ashamed of some of them and i live with those memories and will for eternity. More so i feel that because of those things i deserve no forgiveness and seek none but for those acts i am sorry.
With that in mind, know that i feel my fate will be suited to my deeds and i accept that...with all my soul, but until the day i meet my fate i will act in such a manner to make Gods and men proud. I will stand for what i believe to be true and right and i will not back down.
The intentions i have tried to convey to you in this book are very real to me and i will pursue them with every fiber of my being. So to anyone who would choose to stand with me or against me, be prepared. My will is strong and my determination even stronger and i would expect nothing less from anyone who would claim, not only to be human, not only to be faithful, but from anyone who would claim to be American.
I would take this time to send a personal message to anyone who does not understand what being American TRULY means.First you should know, no matter how many different aspects of American society you see, i truly believe in my heart that we are one and while there may be imposters and intruders amongst us, if...when...the # hits the fan....

You will find true American spirit!

No matter how many protest the actions of our government, when directly opposed and faced with its mortality...

You will find true American courage!

There will always be those who fight for America's rights and freedoms, no matter what those freedoms lead Americans to do. For all of those who would fight against the policies and bureaucracies of a corrupt government there is a price to pay. However, that price pales in comparison to the price that is to be paid by those who have chosen to fight against true American ideals and freedoms.

In my life right now, i find myself in very personal struggle, i struggle to find a job and eat, i struggle to find my identity in our society and happiness, and still i endeavor to change our world, i guess THAT is what being American is about to me...Fighting through all of life’s struggles, not to achieve or just live, but to allow others the same opportunity.

Some people say that we were created; others claim that we evolved, and then there are other ideas regarding our existence. In any
case who could deny that we are here and that we possess free will?
It is a personal belief that it is this free will which gives us the unprecedented ability to adapt to our environment, we have the choice whether we survive or not. Perhaps some would agree that we have advance to the point that we can adapt our environment to suit our needs; in effect eliminating the need for us to adapt at all. Others may say that this advanced state may or may not pose some future problems, either way i believe that whether created or evolved we ARE an intelligent design, but it gets better.
Say you have a problem, you could give that problem to a person, with some time to resolve it and it is likely that they would. It is also likely that someone else may find a different solution. The bigger the problem, the more time and people you may need to solve it but eventually a once difficult problem becomes simple and eventually the solution taken for granted.
Imagine if everyone worked together on a problem, think of the many solutions that would arise and how quickly the problem would become a convenience. Think of how simple life could be, would be, if we all worked together.

Forget your race for a little while, leave behind your political affiliations, set aside your differences of religion, shed your social status and take a giant leap forward, a leap into the future of humanity.
Think about conquering the stars, the oceans and even our own bodies and minds, think of how well we could adapt our environments to suit our needs...I think it is about time...
Time for Unity,
Time for re-evolution...
Time for a New Revolution.
edit on 14-3-2011 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
From what I read your solution is to get people voting, and get people to support a new constitutional convention. From what I understand only a few more states need to vote for a new one in order for that to take place. I found the presentation of your solution to be a bit disorganized and rambling, and if that is going to be a book it should be re-arranged a bit.

A fair sized fraction of the public votes, but look at who they are voting for again and again. Complete idiots. Clearly, voting is a better solution than a supreme dictator, but not a solution that works all that well to protect our rights. And how can you be concerned about a new constitution when the one we have right now isn't remotely enforced and it is interpreted as if it were a total joke... i mean the commerce clause giving congress authority to force us to buy health insurance... oh please.

As for constitutional conventions, there is a movement I imagine you have heard of (can't think of the name of it right now) that has been pushing for that and they are basically considered suspected terrorists by the government, and furthermore they are being totally ignored by the government. It is not working.

Then there is the Free State Project. A bunch of people who think very similar to you have moved to New Hampshire to achieve what can be achieved. When you move to NH, rather than everyone thinking you are nuts if you don't love the commie pigs populating our government offices, you find a large crowd that totally agrees with you. The higher density of people who actually think about political issues every now and then has done wonders for the state, and unbelievably the state legislature is changing their positions over time in a very good way due mostly to the Free State Project. The most important thing the FSP has done is for its members to come here and start living a lot more the way they want to. You go to New Hampshire and then you push the boundaries and push your personal freedoms forward as far as you are willing to risk it. For example, many FSP members have chosen not only to not pay US Federal taxes, but openly pronounce it proudly over local radio stations. This strategy seems to be proving effective and I look forward to more progress in the future.

I strongly suggest you look at what the Free State Project has accomplished and then consider joining them.

Forget politics! Begin to live more like a free man your self, and therefore lead by example. You don't have to invoke politicians to do their dirty deeds when you can lead by example only.
edit on 14-3-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger
From what I read your solution is to get people voting, and get people to support a new constitutional convention. From what I understand only a few more states need to vote for a new one in order for that to take place. I found the presentation of your solution to be a bit disorganized and rambling, and if that is going to be a book it should be re-arranged a bit.

A fair sized fraction of the public votes, but look at who they are voting for again and again. Complete idiots. Clearly, voting is a better solution than a supreme dictator, but not a solution that works all that well to protect our rights. And how can you be concerned about a new constitution when the one we have right now isn't remotely enforced and it is interpreted as if it were a total joke... i mean the commerce clause giving congress authority to force us to buy health insurance... oh please.

As for constitutional conventions, there is a movement I imagine you have heard of (can't think of the name of it right now) that has been pushing for that and they are basically considered suspected terrorists by the government, and furthermore they are being totally ignored by the government. It is not working.

Then there is the Free State Project. A bunch of people who think very similar to you have moved to New Hampshire to achieve what can be achieved. When you move to NH, rather than everyone thinking you are nuts if you don't love the commie pigs populating our government offices, you find a large crowd that totally agrees with you. The higher density of people who actually think about political issues every now and then has done wonders for the state, and unbelievably the state legislature is changing their positions over time in a very good way due mostly to the Free State Project. The most important thing the FSP has done is for its members to come here and start living a lot more the way they want to. You go to New Hampshire and then you push the boundaries and push your personal freedoms forward as far as you are willing to risk it. For example, many FSP members have chosen not only to not pay US Federal taxes, but openly pronounce it proudly over local radio stations. This strategy seems to be proving effective and I look forward to more progress in the future.

I strongly suggest you look at what the Free State Project has accomplished and then consider joining them.

Forget politics! Begin to live more like a free man your self, and therefore lead by example. You don't have to invoke politicians to do their dirty deeds when you can lead by example only.
edit on 14-3-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

While i will thank you for at least glancing at this ,Please read the presentation to completion to have a better understanding of my intention. Then you would know that this is not an attempt to be involved in politics, however the actions taken by a people against thier politicians and thier government will obviously have political implications. You would have also noticed that i only refer to this presentation as a "book" for lack of a better term, i have no intent on publication or profit from these ideas.

The idea i presented and the possible means for its implementation were only a suggestion and the intent of me bringing this to you all was to gain further insight and ideas on how to accomplish this and other such goals. As for my disorganized rambling i do apoligize, i am new to this type of writing and presentation, and sometimes the message i wish to present is lost in the emotion that it provokes.

As for the Free State Project i have no intent joining a for profit organization, nor do i have the means or desire to move there.
I beleive the ideas i present are more effective on a larger scale in concideration to time and money.
As for being labelled a "suspected terrorist" i would expect nothing less from those in power as it would only be a continuation of thier actions to this point as some of the evidence i have provided has shown.

I would also like to point out that among the accomplishments this group touts is thier freedom from government emminent domain laws since 2006. I do not think that Edward or Elaine Brown would attest to that accomplishment.

edit on 14-3-2011 by RadicalRebel because: additional information

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
On a different note:

Dangers of Constitutional convention

What would you suggest that can be done to effect the changes that are sought by so many and yet ignored repeatedly by the government?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

I'm glad you didn't take offense to my criticisms. The Free State Project is simply a loose association of people who believe many people who value liberty and/or the rights of the US constitution concentrating in a small area is a good thing. It is not a for-profit organization at all and if it.

I wasn't aware that the FSP claimed to have overcome eminent domain laws. Certainly they have made inroads into that area, with some FSP members have not paying property taxes in years... with some friends of the project not having paid in more than 10 years without having their property seized. However, certainly they have not overcome those eminent domain laws and I'd be interested to know your source for that claim.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel
On a different note:

What would you suggest that can be done to effect the changes that are sought by so many and yet ignored repeatedly by the government?

To support a constitutional convention the thing that will help most in that regard is traditional campaigning. Tell your neighbors, family, friends, etc to support a new convention if that is what you want to help push for. At the federal level you have to actually see your rep in person if you want to be sure they know you are heard. It can be difficult but is possible to do given enough effort.

All the options are thin in my opinion. Its a lot of effort to push for something that may or may not get the desired effect. That is why I won't personally make any push for a constitutional convention. I just got a speeding ticket and that will be a big point of activism for me as I'll be pushing for a jury trial and then if I lose I'll be pushing *very* hard for the fine to be replaced with a non-monetary form of punishment. Perhaps I'll suggest a choice of jailtime or community service. In this way I won't be feeding the beast.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

Originally posted by RadicalRebel
On a different note:

To support a constitutional convention the thing that will help most in that regard is traditional campaigning. Tell your neighbors, family, friends, etc to support a new convention if that is what you want to help push for. At the federal level you have to actually see your rep in person if you want to be sure they know you are heard. It can be difficult but is possible to do given enough effort.

All the options are thin in my opinion. Its a lot of effort to push for something that may or may not get the desired effect. That is why I won't personally make any push for a constitutional convention. I just got a speeding ticket and that will be a big point of activism for me as I'll be pushing for a jury trial and then if I lose I'll be pushing *very* hard for the fine to be replaced with a non-monetary form of punishment. Perhaps I'll suggest a choice of jailtime or community service. In this way I won't be feeding the beast.

First the source for my comment in regards to FSP was an advertisment type placement on thier site, which unfortunately i dont know how to link directly to that....

All else aside i woud agree with you that traditional campaiging and voting are ways to effect this change type of change, it just feels that there is more, like something everyone is missing that staring us in the face...idk.
As for an actual convention being held i would be a fool not to recognize that the desired effect may not be achieved. There are just so many people and so many ideas it is hard to say what the outcome may be.

I just feel that the mass amount of legislature and bureaucratic hurdles that have been put in place need to be removed so we can return to a time when the true body and definition of the constitution can be observed through all that mess. That, and a return to human decency is what i truly seek, if only there were a way to get everyone to see that we are the ones causing all our own problems.

And just as a side note, i have already been working with my surroundings and discussing this and other ideas with my freind family and memebrs of whatever community i happen to be in, we all seem to agree that it is time to move forward and create a larger base for these ideas, so this being the next largest group of people i have cirect contact and interaction with, it was only a logical step along my path.
Thanks again for your time and input
edit on 15-3-2011 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I still don't know what your point is. If your writing something this long you need to be more concise and to the point. I've written tons of papers so I know.

Start with a thesis so we know what your going to talk to us about and honestly drop all that stuff about your feelings. As you are just bringing this to peoples attention it does nothing but detract from your main point. More detailed information you can provide at a later date for those interested.

I have a degree in geology and am currently pursuing degrees in history and political science and a post such as this that is well thought out I think deserves a good discussion. However, you need to present your problem and your solution in a more precise way that will allow your audience to see the issue more clearly.

This may be harsh but your being out of work or your respect for the military is irrelevant to the facts of your problem. Leave them out and stick to the point and you will have a broader disussion I believe. Take this entire writing you've presented and condense it into one paragraph, as I once had to do for a 10 page paper for one of my proffessors, and resubmit it then we can have a good discussion.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Thank you for your constructive critisism, it is truly appreciated.
Yes i realized after i had had posted all of this (which is only a portion of what i had originally written) that it was still too long. I have been concidering an attempt to make a VERY breif version, say the size of a flyer i could hand out to people, but so much relevant information would be lost, and it would lose the passion i was trying to instill in people.

Do you think it would be better without the passion in it, as just a plain old informative flyer?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

The problem is the accumulation of wealth and power.
1. 100% inheritance tax on anything over 10 million.
2. 90% progressive income tax, elimination of all use taxes,(fishing licencse,gas,sales tax,etc)
3. Eliminate war industry, get rid of fed,legalize drugs,etc.

The other problem is most people actually worship those with money and power
so accomplishing the above is nearly impossible.

new topics
top topics

join