It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*This ariel photo says it all about the Fukushima situation* Holy Cow!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Fie on all in the MSM who continue to delude us with images of the disaster and threats of deadly nuclear fallout. This sort of spin is exactly what big oil wants now that we are beyond peak oil. Giving in to the fear is tantamount to giving in to energy crises that can be made avoidable with nuclear power.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I do agree but, I think when it comes to nuclear reactors we should be as safe as possible. If the money for an additional supply warehouse is not there then the plant shouldn't be built. Safety first buddy.

The diesel is a different story, the Japanese shouldn't be running out of fuel for diesel engines when that is the key component for cooling the cores, the should have plenty of diesel on site for a situation like this, I could care less about how much space it will take up.

The containment structures have held and will continue to hold but the Japanese should not have let it get this far. They should have at the very least had enough fuel to power the backup backup generators.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The most worrying thing for me in that pic, is how close reactor number 2 is to both the other reactors.

Don't be mistaken people, number 2 is their biggest worry, because the fuel has already been exposed twice due to running out of water from the cooling pumps.

Why does that worry them so much? Because once the fuel has been exposed it very quickly weakens and deteriorates, making an explosion within the reactor containment vessel all the more likely if loss of cooling continues to happen. Don't forget that the fuel has been exposed twice!

Why do they keep losing cooling at number 2? Well, that little explosion this morning wiped out 3 of the 4 generators they were using for running the cooling pumps on number 2.

So what does this mean? Well, you could potentially have a Chernobyl on your hands with number 2 alone, no matter what they tell you. Added to that, an explosion that big, so close to the reactors 1 and 3, which already have weakend housing structures and containment vessels due to their own respective explosions.... I don't think I need to spell out for you what the potential could be.

Don't believe me huh? I'm "fear mongoring" huh? You do know the Chernobyl accident happened, not because the plant was running, or the fact it had burnable containment (graphite housing), it was because the cores were exposed, making them deteriorate so quickly they exploded. Do a google on what happens to exposed nuclear fuel rods for yourself...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join