It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meltdown threat rises at Japanese nuclear plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Meltdown threat rises at Japanese nuclear plant

news.yahoo.com

SOMA, Japan – Water levels dropped precipitously Monday inside a Japanese nuclear reactor, twice leaving the uranium fuel rods completely exposed and raising the threat of a meltdown, hours after a hydrogen explosion tore through the building housing a different reactor.

Water levels were restored after the first decrease, but the rods remained partially exposed late Monday night, increasing the risk of the spread of radiation and the potential for an eventual meltdown.

Later, a top Japanese official said the fuel rods in all three of the most troubled nuclear reactors appeared to be m
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Does not sound good at all. I don't know if this has already been discussed in other threads or there is another thread, if so mods please remove. It didn't seem to me that the real truth was being told before, but I was hoping it was because it has been said before here that this is like chernobyl 2. Lets hope they can get things under control.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
MSNBC is also posting a similiar story.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
man, if it melts down, over 75% of the lsland of japan will have ot be evacuated then. cherynoble spread radiation 800 miles and over west of it, and the east wonds took the radiaiton as far as new mexico, in minute amounts, spread out over a distance. damn i hope they contain the reactor. i think the united states should go and help them immediatly contain it and ocme up lickity split ideas. after all, becuae of the radiation, it can affect ALL of us as well. if its a truley a global society as our CEO congress has made it be..nows the time too unite and help

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

IF there is a meltdown which they are saying is now very likely in all 3 of the reactors i'm assuming this will be exponentially more devastating than chernobyl was.

new topics

top topics

join