It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anyone Going EAST?? (from pafic northwest)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

In light of whats happening (and what could happen) in Japan,
I am dropping everything, packing my bags and going east.
I do not have a vehicle and if I do not find a ride within 1 more day I am hopping on a plane, although I would much rather drive across.

if ANYONE out there is thinking the same, please let me know and maybe we can collaborate in gas money and efforts to get out east. I am currently in southern BC, and I am from Vermont, so that would be my final destination.

Hope to hear some responses!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by koots751

I am on the east coast, get out of there. I just read some news that they have plutonium there as well. better safe then sorry.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

I am trying as fast as I can.
So much change so fast, downsizing my whole life, tying up loose ends.
It's going to be a long day

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thanks for flagging this guys.
Much appreciated.
This is my last resort for a ride.
I'm the only one I know who is taking this situation seriously.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm visiting friends and family in Colorado right now, but I'm supposed to go back to Washington to go back to work on the 28th. I think I am just going to work long enough to get my stuff together and move back to Colorado permanently. I was already thinking about it but this seals the deal.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JizzyMcButter

Yeah good idea.
I have been unemployed now for a couple months so I'm ready to up and leave ASAP.
I will miss the kootenay skiing though.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by koots751

Sorry I'm happily in Kansas but I do have a bit of good news for ya...
seems with all that happened in Japan the Oil markets are falling... if you can hang lose a few more days it should drop back under 3 dollars a gal

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I live on the east, and i welcome all those fleeing from the west.
It would be awesome to meet a lot of new people, maybe give some a home if need be.
I look at this as a massive family reunion, the coming together.
Prayers and love to all, and may you have a safe journey!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I live in chilliwack British Columbia which is about 45min east of Vancouver. I have been planning to head east all year because i believe that things are going to happen here very soon. just a feeling i have but i am not willing to bet my life on the fact that i could be wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AOA2012
It would be awesome to meet a lot of new people, maybe give some a home if need be.

Thanks for the kind words.
It is a very emotional time. I love it out west here so much and it feels like home. All this has been happening so fast and it feels totally unreal still.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AOA2012

I'm with you! I would gladly welcome an ATS member into my house until things settle down on the west coast.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
try middle EAST and see what u have done

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If it travels all the way from Japan to the west coast and is still powerfull enough to cause problems, then the east coast will have problems also. If it's as bad as some here predict then it will be bad for the whole nation, there is no magic barrier once it hits california that will protect the rest of the nation. I don't think it will be an issue for us, at least not short term, maybe long term issues with cancer and birth defects. I am no expert but I would have to assume that the severity of radiation will depend on how much it disperses between point a-b and the decay time of the radiation. From Japan to CA I assume it will take a few days to travel, and from CA to the east coast would probably be less. Also I am not a weather pattern expert, just my thoughts.

When Chernobyl blew up the cloud crossed most of nothern europe, I believe England is alot closer to Ukrain then the west coast is to Japan, and england survived that incident just fine. Just my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If there is a total meltdown of these reactors getting away
from the pacific coast would be a great idea...

I am as far east as you can get in the states...

Have your nuke pills ready just in case.

If you can leave the west pacific coast, you should
stay tuned and watch this intensely..

The MSM and the Government will tell you before
it is too late..

Be vigilant, lets see how this plays out..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rbilly001

I see your point, however I'm going with "the further the better" as of right now, and I'm not waiting for the MSM to tell me if there is any danger or not.
We cannot predict the future, however we can follow our intuition.

All the best wishes!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Best bet, head SOUTH. Away from that Jetstream as far as possible. Louisiana is still recovering from Katrina so i'm sure the market would be viable here in looking for temporary work, aswell as accomodation being cheaper. Otherwise Oklahoma/Texas downwind of Easterly slopes are also a good option, best to stay away from the main tributary rivers however coming off the Rocky Mountains which will be contaminated. Stick to local spring water sources.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

I've got family in Vermont so that is the most realistic place for me to go right now. I figure the rockies will block out lots of radiation, and whats left will hopefully dissipate across the prairies. (well I do not hope for any of this but you get what I mean)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by koots751
Hello ATS,

In light of whats happening (and what could happen) in Japan,
I am dropping everything, packing my bags and going east.
I do not have a vehicle and if I do not find a ride within 1 more day I am hopping on a plane, although I would much rather drive across.

if ANYONE out there is thinking the same, please let me know and maybe we can collaborate in gas money and efforts to get out east. I am currently in southern BC, and I am from Vermont, so that would be my final destination.

Hope to hear some responses!

Hey, I just checked out rideshare on craigslist and found this for you

vancouver.en.craigslist.ca...

They are going to the east coast and looking for someone to share gas.

There are probably more similar posts around craigslist from t;he british columbia area if you just look a little, here is a link to look for others.

vancouver.en.craigslist.ca...

Best wishes.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by totalmetal

I have been checking all the rideshare websites relentlessly. The ride you posted isn't going until July.
Thanks for the suggestion though, and I will continue to search craigslist.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I can not imagine going through life as afraid of the world as you folks are. I think I'd rather be dead in fact.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join