It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole Shift is supposedly right around the corner...so what now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
We have all put our opinions, theories, facts, non-facts, hear say, links, pictures, data, current events, you tube videos, callers into radio shows, news outlets, etc all into the theory of the Pole Shift that is rumored to be happening between the dates of March 15th - April 1st depending on what sources you utilize and who you believe. We are within 24 hours of this supposed change in Mother Earth and the potential for catastrophic events worldwide.....but i have questions for both sides of the fence.

I am neither a skeptic nor a full blown conspiracy theorist but i do sit on the fence about a lot of things....whether this event takes place or not will definitely effect some of my opinions on things....id like to know what everyone else thinks about this and if indeed you believe its coming upon us then what are you expecting and how are you preparing? If you are a skeptic and dont believe it will happen then what is going to be your reaction and how will you proceed?

Please feel free to send in all feedback.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

Ok, lets get something straight. A pole shift is talking about the magnetic pole, and yes, it's shifting and could invert on us giving us a weak period in the magnetic field leaving us open to solar flares.

This is a far jump from the actual surface of the earth shifting making the north pole drop to the current south pole. This is absurd and isn't happening and no science will ever tell you its even possible.

Until people can understand the difference, we will have endless alarmist threads misconstruing the information.

what now? nothing as if a magnetic pole shift occurs, nothing really to worry about. If we get hit with a flare at that time we could lose the power grid for a while. Again, nothing to really prepare for other than the standard have food and water supplies ready.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing as the above poster.

That being said,
Unfortunately, if a solar storm did hit during the weakest point of our pole reversal (when the density of the field is already compressed/low) then the rolling blackouts could be phenomenal and last for long periods of time. Not to mention the explosions if electrical towers where to overload. If their turns out to be some true evidence out there that shows how solar storms/geomagnetic storms can effect tectonic plates and seismic activity this will be the time to find out. I have been prepared for a SHTF scenario for a long time, I live in one of the safest places to live right now (if you want to avoid tsunami's, floods, eruptions, landslides, earthquakes) so I am not worried. I would avoid flying for the next few weeks if you are afraid that this might be happening.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

In fairness, the OP did not list a physical shift as the consequence of the pole shift.

You have my support, OP.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I say strap your asses to the closest tree and hold on tight...its gonna be a bumpy ride!

/sarcasm

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Ok, lets get something straight. A pole shift is talking about the magnetic pole, and yes, it's shifting and could invert on us giving us a weak period in the magnetic field leaving us open to solar flares.

This is a far jump from the actual surface of the earth shifting making the north pole drop to the current south pole. This is absurd and isn't happening and no science will ever tell you its even possible.

A magnetic wandering of the poles, or north becoming south is just an adjustment in gps, compasses, learning the new directions of things. Animals dependent on directions will get confused. I guess there would be confusion for a while for people too, we aren't the most organized creatures.

An entire crustal shift - if the earth's crust was to spin around like a loose orange peel over the body of the orange, there isn't anything you could do to prepare other than hang on and hope for the best. I doubt it's even possible, but if it is, well, see ya on the other side........

I say strap your asses to the closest tree and hold on tight...its gonna be a bumpy ride! /sarcasm

You were being sarcastic? I actually think that's good advice

edit on 14-3-2011 by snowspirit because: adding good advice from Akragon

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It really depends on what kind of pole shift is supposed to happen. I have read that a magnetic shift wont cause much in the way of destruction. But a geological shift is the one that does. (Not claiming this as fact just that i read about it somewhere) There have been way too many predicted end dates that its hard to keep track of lol!!

I personally dont go with any date becasue I dont think we would ever know an exact date for anything to happen. Im not preparing for anything as far as stocking up on supplies. I mentally prepare myself for the possibility that it could happen. If SHTF Target is right at the end of my block thats where I will head!!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Thanks for your support and yes i did not mention a physical shift and do understand the difference between the two that you mentioned Phishyblankwaters. I was simply starting this thread to see where everyone sat in regards to this event supposedly taking place.

One of the main questions that i have is the theorists that believe a pole shift will set off faults such as the New Madrid and others throughout the world resulting in new geographical maps.

Example here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or would this result be caused by something else? I really would like to learn more. So please keep sending the feedback in.
edit on 14-3-2011 by MonkeyWrench30 because: Wrong link.

top topics

join