It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Japan try to warn her citizens about the quake two years ago with a cartoon???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Okay so this might sound a bit crazy but two years ago Japanese anime television aired a cartoon that was just like whats going on there right now...

(From Wiki)
(東京マグニチュード8.0, Tōkyō Magunichūdo 8.0?) is a Japanese anime television series that premiered on Fuji TV's noitaminA timeslot on July 9, 2009, where it ended its original run on September 17. Directed by Masaki Tachibana and written by Natsuko Takahashi, it is an original series co-produced by Bones and Kinema Citrus. The 11-episode series centres around two young siblings, Mirai and Yūki, and single mother Mari who the two meet in the aftermath of a major earthquake hitting the Japanese capital, placed in the near future (2012).

Anyway they go into detail of what the government does and doesn't do, what the city would look like from a ground level kids perspective... I mean it's pretty creepy how close that show is to what were seeing right now...

link to ep 01 but the quake doesnt hit until the last few minutes

what do think... did they know before hand this was coming???

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'd suspect that if they knew this was coming they would have taken steps to reduce the damage to industry, and probably would have safely shut down the reactors instead of almost causing a 3 tiered meltdown.

Also, it's easy to see stuff like this after the fact. Like that "simpsons predicted 911" image. Now if the woman presented this as a prediction, wow. As a cartoon about an earthquake in a region used to earthquakes, nah.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Well if it's in correlation with 2012 I'd have to say that the anime/cartoon was just pulling at scenarios. The typical theme of 2012 is usually a huge flood and in this case that's exactly what happened.

Unlike the U.S. and other countries, I'm pretty sure that Japan would have came straight out with the info had they've known of the impending danger.

Nice find though.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think because Japan knows how susceptible it is
to earthquakes..

They know the plates they sit on in and around the ring of fire..

It is a correlation to what they know could happen at anytime...

Which that time was 3.11.11

May the Japanese find peace..

S and F for the read!
edit on 14-3-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have watched a lot of animes and several of them depict Tsunamis, earthquakes, fire, robots taking over the world, armegeddon. doesn't mean anything.
edit on 3/14/2011 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Did matt groening write it?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NerdGoddess

This was not your typical Amine
Very Erie and graphic
Mirrors just what were seeing today

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I could name at least 3 anime cartoons that depict some bizarre correlation with what's happening and what MIGHT happen in the future.

You're anime is much more accurate to the facts I guess.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Given the frequency of earthquakes in Japan I think that it was generic to the probability of quakes not specific to this last one.....unless it mentioned "March 11th" then I would be suspicious.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hi there.

It could be possible. I made a thread a few days ago titled Kind of similar to Swordfish where I say that in the movie Hot Tub Time Machine, the characters, when understanding they went back in time say that their actions could "explode Tokyo and see Tsunamis everywhere."

It's a movie from last year.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
very possible, wether intentional or not, items like this in the media tend to manifest themselves in reality, for whatever reason

having said that, as soon as i see footage of this little girl, all bets are off

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
yeah, wow, can't you guys focus on reality instead of searching for conspiracy in an anime?
it has NOTHING to do with the recent quake/tsunami, even the region affected is different, tokyo vs sendai, the tokyo earthquake is still expected to happen and to be a lot more devastating than the recent ones near sendai, this kind of anime show featuring disaster is also very common and if not by the narcissistic thinking of the majority of people on this board, we could "find" a lot more into animes and japanese movie, literacy and culture than in borringwood and american card games.
edit on 26-3-2011 by nekomata111 because: typo

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Japan has had like, what, ten thousand major earthquakes in its history. Somewhere around 1923 or thereabouts, ninety some thousand people were killed in Tokyo by an earthquake. Being surprised by an earthquake in Japan is like being surprised by a tornado in Kansas.

top topics

join